- US Sen. Leahy sees 'positive change,' work to do in Cuba Updated: Jun-27-15 4:47 pm
HAVANA - A leading U.S. Democratic senator said Saturday that Cuba is making progress on reform, but much remains to be done, including opening a U.S. embassy in the country.
- Leahy heads US Senate delegation to Cuba ahead of embassies Updated: Jun-26-15 6:17 pm
HAVANA - A bipartisan delegation of U.S. senators was in Cuba on Friday to meet with top government officials and others to discuss rapprochement between the two countries.
- Nevada activists celebrate court's same-sex marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 6:04 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Thomas Topovski first heard that the U.S. Supreme Court declared a constitutional right to same-sex marriage on a talk radio show during his morning commute.
- Nevada senator to donate white supremacist campaign funds Updated: Jun-22-15 4:35 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Sen. Dean Heller says he plans to give a $500 campaign contribution made by the leader of a white supremacist group cited by Charleston church murder suspect Dylann Roof to a South Carolina charity.
- FBI: Surveillance flights by the book, rarely track phones Updated: Jun-18-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - The FBI assured Congress in an unusual, confidential briefing that its plane surveillance program is a by-the-books operation short on high-definition cameras - with some planes equipped with binoculars - and said only five times in five years has it tracked cellphones from the sky.
- Nevada's GOP governor won't run for Harry Reid's Senate seat Updated: Jun-09-15 9:17 am
- GOP must reckon with Reid in Nevada, even on his way out Updated: Jun-06-15 8:11 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is at it again.
- Congress sends NSA phone-records bill to president Updated: Jun-02-15 9:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress approved sweeping changes Tuesday to surveillance laws enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks, eliminating the National Security Agency's disputed bulk phone-records collection program and replacing it with a more restrictive measure to keep the records in phone companies' hands.