- Sambrailo out, Mathis iffy for Broncos' game at Oakland Updated: Oct-09-15 4:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Four of the Denver Broncos' starting O-linemen were either hobbled or sidelined at practice this week and one of them, left tackle Ty Sambrailo, will miss his second straight game Sunday with a sore left shoulder.
- Defense saves the day in Denver; Broncos beat Vikings 23-20 Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
DENVER - Broncos safety T.J. Ward swept around the end untouched and took a swipe at Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.
- Vikings could be without 2 of top 3 receivers vs Denver Updated: Oct-02-15 4:39 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - With Adrian Peterson returning to the backfield and a more experienced quarterback in Teddy Bridgewater, the Minnesota Vikings envisioned a balanced offense ready to challenge for a playoff spot in the NFC.
- Manning harkens to 'Bad News Bears' in talking Broncos Updated: Sep-30-15 8:16 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - If there's one thing Peyton Manning's been watching longer than game film, it's the 1976 classic "Bad News Bears."
- Griffen leads Vikings in sacks and the locker room Updated: Sep-30-15 7:31 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Everson Griffen matured enough from an unsettling start to his career that the Minnesota Vikings were confident enough to hand him a hefty new contract last year that kept him off the free agent market.
- Adrian Peterson says he could have played in the NFL at 18 Updated: Sep-30-15 4:58 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Adrian Peterson says he's still the NFL's best running back at age 30 and could have played in the pros at 18 had league rules allowed it.
- Peterson, defense lead Vikings' 31-14 domination of Chargers Updated: Sep-28-15 2:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson reached the end zone for the first time in nearly two years. Minnesota's feisty defense crossed the goal line, too.
- Peterson, Vikings trample banged-up Chargers 31-14 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't in peak shape two games into this comeback season, so he showed up at Minnesota's practice facility on his day off this week for a series of 100-yard sprints, 18 in all.
- The Latest: Veteran Viking romps 91 yards with interception Updated: Sep-27-15 3:49 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the third Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Chargers visit to Vikings reminds Peterson of rushing record Updated: Sep-25-15 3:39 am
- Versatile Mike Harris has been big help for Vikings Updated: Sep-24-15 7:35 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Mike Harris has been a major asset for Minnesota's offensive line.
- McCoy defends decision not to use timeouts before halftime Updated: Sep-21-15 9:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Chargers coach Mike McCoy is defending his decision not to use his final two timeouts at the end of the first half of Sunday's loss at Cincinnati and at least get the ball back and take a few shots down the field with Philip Rivers and his talented receivers.
- Stafford's health a concern as Lions head into home opener Updated: Sep-21-15 7:54 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions haven't played a home game yet, and already they've lost twice and watched their quarterback get knocked around to the point where his status this week is in some question.
- Run game hurting Rams on both sides of ball Updated: Sep-21-15 7:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Rams want to run the football and stop the run. Two weeks into the season, Jeff Fisher's team is struggling with both of those areas.
- Following Zimmer's lead, Vikings bounce back in big way Updated: Sep-21-15 7:17 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings, thoroughly beaten and unquestionably embarrassed in their season opener, were expecting the worst from coach Mike Zimmer when they gathered two days later to begin preparation for the next game.
- NFLPA withdraws contempt-of-court motion in Peterson case Updated: Sep-21-15 5:37 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The NFL Players Association has withdrawn its contempt-of-court motion against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in the case of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's suspension.
- With Peterson 'back home,' Vikings top Lions 26-16 Updated: Sep-21-15 3:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't around Minnesota last season.
- Peterson, Vikings keep Lions winless with 26-16 victory Updated: Sep-20-15 6:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - There were plenty of dark days for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings last year. Their opener this season was ugly, too.
- Seahawks-Packers at not quite the same stakes Updated: Sep-18-15 12:32 am
The Packers probably don't need any extra incentive when facing the Seahawks, particularly with the memory of their fourth-quarter NFC championship collapse in Seattle still fresh and painful.
- Steelers looking for points to go with all those yards Updated: Sep-17-15 5:45 pm
PITTSBURGH - Five snaps into the season, things couldn't have been going better for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- For Peterson and Vikings, 'reset button has been pressed' Updated: Sep-17-15 3:50 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Adrian Peterson's long-awaited return to the field was a game to forget - a measly 31 yards rushing for the Minnesota Vikings in their dreadful season opener at San Francisco.
- Bridgewater woeful in Vikings' season opener against 49ers Updated: Sep-15-15 7:57 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Teddy Bridgewater air-mailed his tight end. He missed open receivers streaking down the field. He even checked down on a Hail Mary.
- Carlos Hyde runs for two touchdowns, 49ers top Vikings 20-3 Updated: Sep-15-15 7:24 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Alex Boone is taking at least a little credit for Carlos Hyde's breakout game on the NFL's big stage.
- Adrian Peterson back but Vikings lose opener to 49ers, 20-3 Updated: Sep-15-15 2:31 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Adrian Peterson made his way to the bus when a crowd of cheering Vikings fans stopped him, and he patiently signed a few autographs and posed for a few photos.
- Carlos Hyde runs for two touchdowns, 49ers top Vikings 20-3 Updated: Sep-15-15 2:13 am
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers have a new featured running back with Frank Gore long gone.