- Illinois athletic director wants Cubit decision by Sunday Updated: Nov-25-15 8:05 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Interim Illinois athletic director Paul Kowalczyk says that ideally a decision will be made by Sunday about whether interim football Bill Cubit gets the job permanently.
- Illini fall short against Minnesota 32-23 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A promising recovery from a controversial start has sputtered down the stretch for Illinois.
- Minnesota outlasts Illinois 32-23 to stay in bowl hunt Updated: Nov-21-15 5:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's injury-ravaged roster has forced several true freshmen into earlier-than-expected contributing roles.
- No. 2 Ohio State runs past Illinois 28-3 Updated: Nov-14-15 10:33 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - J.T. Barrett was back from his one-game suspension, and some of his best plays turned out to be handoffs to Ezekiel Elliott.
- Illini loses to Elliott, No. 2 Ohio State 28-3 Updated: Nov-14-15 9:26 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois stayed closed to No. 2 Ohio State for almost an entire half. And then Ezekiel Elliott took over.
- Illinois suspends linebacker over criminal investigation Updated: Nov-11-15 9:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois football coach Bill Cubit indefinitely suspended freshman linebacker Julian Jones on Wednesday pending the outcome of a criminal investigation in Georgia.
- Illinois snaps losing skid 48-14 over Purdue Updated: Nov-07-15 5:23 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Illinois entered Saturday's game at Purdue ranked last in the Big Ten in rushing, averaging 114.6 yards in all games and only 67.2 yards during its first four conference games.
- 7 Big Ten teams bowl eligible, 3 others need 2 wins apiece Updated: Nov-05-15 5:39 am
While the matchups determining which teams make it to the conference championship game will draw most of the attention in the Big Ten this month, some of the less-appealing games will carry a lot of weight for the also-rans trying to achieve bowl eligibility.
- Hackenberg leads Penn State over Illinois 39-0 Updated: Oct-31-15 5:45 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Christian Hackenberg caught four passes all week in preparation to catch just one on Saturday. Maybe.
- Illinois rules Ferguson out for Penn State game Updated: Oct-29-15 7:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois says starting running back Josh Ferguson will not play against Penn State on Saturday. It will be the third straight game Ferguson has missed.
- Reactions to the retirement of Minnesota coach Jerry Kill Updated: Oct-28-15 8:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Reactions to the retirement of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill, due to the drain of managing epilepsy and the demands of his job: