- Interim chancellor: Illinois football needed stability Updated: Dec-01-15 2:42 pm
URBANA, Illinois - The interim chancellor of the University of Illinois' flagship campus says the decision to give interim football coach Bill Cubit a two-year deal was based on the program's need for stability.
- Heat check: Coaching carousel turns into roller coaster Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 am
This coaching carousel is more like a roller coaster and this weekend there was enough action to make those trying to keep up dizzy.
- Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann after 4-8 failure Updated: Nov-29-15 8:25 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers fired football coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann on Sunday, stripping the athletic department of its most prominent employees after a season that was a failure on and off the field.
- No. 17 Northwestern beats Illinois 24-14 for 10th win Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 pm
CHICAGO - After Northwestern's 10th victory of the season, coach Pat Fitzgerald took the blame for last year's disappointing loss to Illinois, and then took aim at the College Football Playoff Committee.
- Illinois loses 24-14 to No. 17 Northwestern at Soldier Field Updated: Nov-28-15 9:07 pm
CHICAGO - Bill Cubit was the voice of optimism on Saturday.
- Cubit agrees to 2-year deal to be Illinois' coach Updated: Nov-28-15 4:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A few hours before Illinois took the field to close out its season against Northwestern on Saturday, the school announced interim coach Bill Cubit agreed to a two-year contract to become head coach.
- Illinois' Vaughn not on injured list for Northwestern Updated: Nov-27-15 11:51 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn is not listed as injured for Saturday's game against Northwestern but the Illini may be without starting center Joe Spencer.
- Illini fall short against Minnesota 32-23 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A promising recovery from a controversial start has sputtered down the stretch for Illinois.
- Minnesota outlasts Illinois 32-23 to stay in bowl hunt Updated: Nov-21-15 5:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's injury-ravaged roster has forced several true freshmen into earlier-than-expected contributing roles.
- No. 2 Ohio State runs past Illinois 28-3 Updated: Nov-14-15 10:33 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - J.T. Barrett was back from his one-game suspension, and some of his best plays turned out to be handoffs to Ezekiel Elliott.
- Illinois suspends linebacker over criminal investigation Updated: Nov-11-15 9:42 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois football coach Bill Cubit indefinitely suspended freshman linebacker Julian Jones on Wednesday pending the outcome of a criminal investigation in Georgia.
- Illinois snaps losing skid 48-14 over Purdue Updated: Nov-07-15 5:23 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Illinois entered Saturday's game at Purdue ranked last in the Big Ten in rushing, averaging 114.6 yards in all games and only 67.2 yards during its first four conference games.
- 7 Big Ten teams bowl eligible, 3 others need 2 wins apiece Updated: Nov-05-15 5:39 am
While the matchups determining which teams make it to the conference championship game will draw most of the attention in the Big Ten this month, some of the less-appealing games will carry a lot of weight for the also-rans trying to achieve bowl eligibility.