- Illinois survives Blue Raiders 27-25 with late field goal Updated: Sep-26-15 9:09 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - After Taylor Zalewski's 51-yard field goal gave Illinois a 2-point lead with 2:09 to play Saturday, the struggling kicker got a playful shove from one of his lineman, and a hug around his helmet from relieved quarterback Wes Lunt.
- Loss exposes holes in Illinois defense Updated: Sep-21-15 6:34 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For the first two games of this season, the Illinois defense provided something that had been missing for a while in Champaign: a wall that kept the opposition off the scoreboard.
- After 2 easy wins, Illinois stumbles in 48-14 loss at UNC Updated: Sep-19-15 5:28 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Illinois' fast start to the season hit a thud in its first road game.
- Williams, Switzer help Tar Heels roll past Illini 48-14 Updated: Sep-19-15 5:20 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's offense moved the ball. Its defense got stops. And the special teams did everything from making a long field goal to breaking off big returns.
- Illini defense riding high with North Carolina test ahead Updated: Sep-14-15 5:53 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - For much of the past three seasons, defense was almost a dirty word at Illinois. The Illini were at the back of the Big Ten in almost every category.
- Illinois shuts out Western Illinois, 44-0 Updated: Sep-12-15 5:04 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A season ago, Illinois games against Youngstown State, Texas State and others that Big Ten teams are expected to coast through turned into nail-biters.
- Kent State-Illinois postponed until Saturday by lightning Updated: Sep-05-15 12:14 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An Illinois football team eager to put months of turmoil aside and play football will have to wait an extra day after Friday's opener against Kent State was postponed after three hours of lightning.