- NATO chief visits site of future facility in Romania Updated: Jul-02-15 10:57 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Thursday the alliance sees no "immediate threats" even as the alliance builds up its defenses to reassure members which are close to Russia.
- NATO: Risk of return to heavy fighting in Ukraine Updated: Jun-25-15 2:59 pm
BRUSSELS - Russian President Vladimir Putin isn't finished using his military in eastern Ukraine, the top U.S. military commander for NATO said Thursday as the U.S. and its allies outlined additional support for Kiev, including aid in defusing roadside bombs.
- NATO plans follow-up Afghan presence after Resolute Support Updated: Jun-25-15 11:56 am
BRUSSELS - NATO defense ministers are reassuring Afghanistan's government that it can count on the alliance's continued help after its military training and support mission, called Resolute Support, ends.
- NATO approves military upgrades to aid members of alliance Updated: Jun-24-15 3:26 pm
BRUSSELS - Rejecting charges of engaging in a Cold War-style arms race with Russia, the U.S. and its NATO allies approved military upgrades Wednesday that should help them come to the aid of a threatened alliance member faster, with better equipment and more firepower.
- EU extends sanctions against Russia by 6 months Updated: Jun-22-15 11:56 am
LUXEMBOURG - The European Union on Monday extended economic sanctions against Russia until January to keep pressure on Moscow over the conflict in eastern Ukraine, drawing a rebuke and a warning of retaliation from Russian officials.
- NATO: Alliance defense spending expected to drop in 2015 Updated: Jun-22-15 10:28 am
BRUSSELS - The world may be a riskier place nowadays, but overall spending on defense among NATO's member countries is expected to be lower this year than in 2014, the alliance said Monday.
- NATO's new spearhead force trains to reassure the east Updated: Jun-18-15 12:15 pm
ZAGAN, Poland - NATO and Poland's leaders say the alliance's defense ministers will discuss next week U.S. plans to base equipment for one brigade in its eastern members.
- Russia to add 40 new intercontinental missiles this year Updated: Jun-16-15 6:55 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's military will add over 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles this year alone that are capable of piercing any missile defenses, President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday in a blunt reminder of the nation's nuclear might amid tensions with the West over Ukraine.
- NATO seeks higher Montenegro public support for membership Updated: Jun-11-15 8:56 am
PODGORICA, Montenegro - Montenegro will have to beef up its public support for NATO and strengthen the rule of law before it can become a member, the alliance's secretary-general said Thursday.