- Taliban attack police HQ in embattled Afghan city Updated: Oct-06-15 12:41 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Fighting erupted anew in the embattled northern Afghan city of Kunduz on Tuesday after the Taliban attacked a police headquarters overnight and officials warned that food and other emergency aid cannot get through to the city.
- NATO chief: Russian jets in Turkish airspace no accident Updated: Oct-06-15 10:18 am
BRUSSELS - NATO's secretary-general on Tuesday rejected Moscow's claim that its military incursion into alliance airspace over Turkey wasn't intentional or important, saying there were two separate incidents and "the violation lasted for a long time."
- NATO denounces Russia for violating Turkish airspace Updated: Oct-05-15 5:48 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In a signal of new tensions raised by Moscow's airstrikes in Syria, NATO denounced Russia on Monday for "irresponsible behavior" after its warplanes violated Turkish airspace, and Turkey warned that any future aerial intruder would be treated like an enemy.
- AP Interview: NATO chief urges Russia to be constructive Updated: Sep-29-15 5:31 pm
UNITED NATIONS - NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg is calling on Russia to play a constructive role in restoring peace in war-ravaged Syria.
- Ukraine leader expresses wish to join NATO Updated: Sep-22-15 7:16 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Tuesday told the country's security council that staying out of the NATO alliance was a "criminal" policy that his government is ready to reverse.
- NATO's Stoltenberg begins first visit to Ukraine Updated: Sep-21-15 1:40 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - NATO secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg began his first visit to Ukraine Monday, meeting with President Petro Poroshenko and helping inaugurate a joint disaster response drill that Poroshenko hailed as more evidence of "enhancement of our special partnership with NATO."