- Correction: Italy-NATO story Updated: May-25-16 6:38 am
ROME - In a story May 25 on the Italian premier's comments about NATO, The Associated Press reported erroneously that NATO experts will visit Libya. Instead, Libyan experts are to visit NATO.
- NATO foreign ministers agree to extend Afghan mission Updated: May-20-16 9:31 am
BRUSSELS - NATO foreign ministers and alliance partners have agreed to extend the Resolute Support mission that trains, advises and assists Afghanistan's security forces and institutions beyond 2016.
- NATO chief: 'Broad agreement' to seek meeting with Russia Updated: May-20-16 9:03 am
BRUSSELS - NATO has reached "broad agreement" to seek another meeting with Russia before NATO leaders meet in Warsaw this July, the alliance's chief said Friday.
- NATO formally invites Montenegro as 29th member Updated: May-19-16 2:11 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO invited the Balkan nation of Montenegro to become its 29th member, agreeing Thursday to expand for only the seventh time in its history despite Russia's angry objections.
- US, Polish leaders break ground for missile defense site Updated: May-13-16 12:52 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish and U.S. officials symbolically broke ground Friday for a U.S.-led missile defense site in the country's north, a system that has drawn condemnation from Russia.
- US missile defense site opens in Romania, Russia sees threat Updated: May-12-16 2:48 pm
DEVESELU, Romania - A U.S missile defense site in Romania aimed at protecting Europe from ballistic missile threats became operational Thursday, drawing an angry reaction from Russia, which opposes having the advanced military system in its former area of influence.