- Reactions to Britain's vote to leave the European Union Updated: Jun-24-16 1:01 pm
"Damn! A bad day for Europe." - Sigmar Gabriel, Germany's vice chancellor and economy minister, on Twitter.
- German FM warns against 'saber-rattling' toward Russia Updated: Jun-18-16 12:01 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany's foreign minister has warned against relying on "saber-rattling" in the wake of military exercises aimed at demonstrating NATO's resolve to defend members in eastern Europe against Russia if that becomes necessary.
- US troops staying in Afghanistan? New look at reduction plan Updated: Jun-15-16 12:20 pm
BRUSSELS - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter has told NATO allies America will take a new look at its plans to withdraw thousands of troops from Afghanistan by the end of the year, a British official says, a fresh indication that U.S. involvement in the country is not waning in the final months of Barack Obama's presidency.
- NATO ministers approve expanded aid package for Ukraine Updated: Jun-15-16 11:37 am
BRUSSELS - NATO defense ministers have approved an expanded assistance package for Ukraine, whose military forces are battling a Russian-backed insurgency in the country's east.
- NATO ponders getting more involved in anti IS-fight Updated: Jun-15-16 10:46 am
BRUSSELS - The NATO alliance says it is considering getting more involved in efforts to combat the Islamic State extremist group.
- Air, land, sea, cyber: NATO adds cyber to operation areas Updated: Jun-14-16 3:27 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO agreed Tuesday to make cyber operations part of its war domain, along with air, sea and land operations, and to beef up the defense of its computer networks.
- NATO ministers agree to deploy 4 battalions to eastern flank Updated: Jun-14-16 2:11 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO on Tuesday reinforced its defenses against Russia from the Baltic to the Black Sea, delivering what NATO's chief called a clear message to Moscow that "if any of our allies is attacked the whole alliance will respond as one."
- Big Brussels neighbors, once wary, stepping up cooperation Updated: Jun-08-16 11:24 am
BRUSSELS - They both have their headquarters in Belgium's capital and they profess many of the same values and goals, but until recently the NATO defense alliance and the European Union economic bloc have acted like wary neighbors with little to say to one another.