- On Capitol Hill, GOP fighting itself instead of Democrats Updated: Jul-29-15 4:10 pm
WASHINGTON - When Republicans took full control of Congress this year, they were determined to show voters they could govern responsibly. Instead they've been tearing each other apart in extraordinarily public displays, delighting Democrats and giving some in the GOP heartburn as the party aims for the White House in 2016.
- Senator objects to anti-terrorism rules for online sites Updated: Jul-28-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat and skeptic of broad government surveillance, objected Tuesday to a bill that would have required social media and online sites like Google, Yahoo, Twitter and Facebook to alert federal authorities of any terrorist activity.
- Dozens of expired tax breaks would get renewed under bill Updated: Jul-21-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Businesses big and small would get to keep claiming dozens of tax breaks that expired at the start of the year under a bill that overwhelmingly passed the Senate Finance Committee Tuesday.
- Democrats decry undercover probe of HealthCare.gov Updated: Jul-16-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior Democrats pushed back Thursday against an undercover government probe of President Barack Obama's health care law, saying it didn't uncover any real fraud.
- Lawmakers critical of KBR decision to seek legal fees Updated: Jul-14-15 3:33 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Members of Oregon's Congressional delegation have asked the Defense Department to reach a settlement with 12 Oregon National Guard soldiers who said they were sickened by a toxic chemical during the Iraq War.
- Hillary Clinton to raise money in Portland Updated: Jul-10-15 9:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Hillary Clinton is making a stop in Oregon next month to raise money for her presidential campaign.