- Computers and warrants: Some senators oppose Justice plan Updated: May-19-16 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators took a first step Thursday to blocking a Justice Department proposal that they say would make it too easy for the government to hack into computers during investigations.
- Avakian wins Democratic primary for secretary of state Updated: May-18-16 2:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Latest on Oregon's primary election (all times local):
- Oregon college awarded grant for recovery from mass shooting Updated: May-17-16 4:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Umpqua Community College will receive nearly $530,000 in federal money to help it recover from a mass shooting on campus last fall.
- Election guide: Candidates and issues in Oregon's primary Updated: May-17-16 3:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The presidential race generated a lot of enthusiasm among Oregonians, with about 160,000 adding their names to the rolls of the two major parties this year - but mostly Democrats.
- How Oregon's primary works - things to know Updated: May-15-16 11:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Voter turnout is usually tepid during primary season compared to the November general election. But this year's wild presidential election has generated a surge of interest in the primaries, largely because of the unexpected popularity of Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: May-11-16 10:52 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Spy agencies are pushed to reveal extent of US surveillance Updated: May-07-16 10:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Even though the bulk collection of Americans' telephone records has ended, calls and emails are still being swept up by U.S. surveillance work targeting foreigners. Congress is making a renewed push to find out how many.
- Extra ballots, Grant County mix-up ahead of Oregon primary Updated: May-06-16 10:08 am
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon may have been first on the vote-by-mail train, but that doesn't mean the system doesn't have kinks.
- Forest Service plan would thwart Kalmiopsis nickel mine Updated: May-05-16 10:15 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A plan to exclude mineral development on about 100,000 acres of federal land, to thwart a proposed nickel mine near the Kalmiopsis Wilderness, is nearing fruition.