- The Latest: Cuba embassy plan riles Republican hopefuls Updated: Jul-01-15 4:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States and Cuba will open embassies in their capital cities after more than 50 years of hostilities between the two countries. The latest developments (all times local):
- Paul is first major-party candidate to court pot donors Updated: Jun-30-15 7:48 pm
DENVER - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul courted donors from the new marijuana industry Tuesday, making the Kentucky senator the first major-party presidential candidate to publicly seek support from the legal weed business.
- Obama calls string of recent victories 'gratifying' Updated: Jun-30-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama cast a string of legal and legislative victories last week on trade, health care and gay marriage as the "gratifying" culmination of years of work by his White House.
- Political opposition groups gain money for 2016 race Updated: Jun-29-15 5:15 pm
WASHINGTON - It was the perfect loop: The Republican opposition research group America Rising finds footage of Democratic Senate candidate Bruce Braley in agriculture-loving Iowa, seeming to put down the intelligence of farmers. That footage becomes part of a 30-second TV ad, by the super PAC American Crossroads, boosting the Republican candidate, Joni Ernst.
- Rand Paul touts small government ideals on Nevada tour Updated: Jun-29-15 4:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Speaking to supporters from rural Elko to a Las Vegas convention center, Republican presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul said on Monday that his path to a presidential nomination relies strongly on winning over Nevadans.
- Walker to donate $3,500 received from white supremacist Updated: Jun-22-15 5:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker plans to donate money he received in campaign donations from the leader of a white supremacist group cited by the Charleston church murder suspect.
- Pope Francis' climate message fails to move GOP Updated: Jun-19-15 10:02 am
WASHINGTON - Pope Francis' call for dramatic action on climate change drew a round of shrugs from congressional Republicans, while a number of the party's presidential candidates ignored it entirely.
- Presidential candidate Rand Paul plans to 'blow up' tax code Updated: Jun-18-15 10:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul called Thursday for a "fair and flat tax" that would "blow up" the nation's tax code, offering a proposal his campaign said would cut taxes by $2 trillion over the next decade.
- Trump to visit Maryland for state GOP's annual dinner Updated: Jun-17-15 1:03 pm
LINTHICUM, Maryland - Maryland Republicans will have a chance to see presidential candidate Donald Trump in person.
- Rand Paul says people have had enough Bushes, Clintons Updated: Jun-15-15 4:22 pm
LEXINGTON, South Carolina - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says he thinks voters are tired of presidents and White House hopefuls coming from a handful of families.
- Obama attends congressional baseball game before trade vote Updated: Jun-11-15 9:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Forget the peanuts and Cracker Jack.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Smoothies, doughnuts, sushi head to House Updated: Jun-09-15 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Jamba Juice, Dunkin' Donuts and fresh sushi are coming to the House of Representatives.
- GOP must reckon with Reid in Nevada, even on his way out Updated: Jun-06-15 8:11 am
WASHINGTON - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is at it again.
- Report: Social Security overpaid disability benefits by $17B Updated: Jun-05-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Social Security overpaid disability beneficiaries by nearly $17 billion over the past decade, a government watchdog said Friday, raising alarms about the massive program just as it approaches the brink of insolvency.