- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Rand Paul announces 2 endorsements from Nevada Assembly Updated: Oct-01-15 8:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul is lining up support among freshman lawmakers in the Nevada Assembly.
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- Cruz announces endorsements of 41 Texas state lawmakers Updated: Sep-30-15 1:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Home-state presidential hopeful and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he's secured endorsements from 36 Republican Texas state representatives and five state senators.
- Clinton, Bush steady fundraising amid GOP summer Trump slump Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 am
WASHINGTON - Voters won't cast their first ballots in the presidential race until February, but donors have been making their picks for months.
- Rand Paul to campaign for Matt Bevin on Saturday Updated: Sep-30-15 3:31 am
FRAKNFORT, Kentucky - Republican Presidential candidate Rand Paul will campaign with Kentucky's Republican nominee for governor in Frankfort on Saturday.
- Kelley Paul files husband Rand's S. Carolina primary papers Updated: Sep-29-15 10:19 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rand Paul is now officially a candidate in South Carolina's presidential primary.
- GOP presidential contender Cruz to campaign in Kalamazoo Updated: Sep-28-15 6:10 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Ted Cruz will campaign in Michigan next week.
- Jeb Bush first to file for Kentucky's presidential caucus Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is the first person to file for Kentucky's presidential caucus.
- Dominant in polls, Donald Trump still sniping at rivals Updated: Sep-24-15 4:16 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is boasting about keeping his lead in the polls, but that isn't deterring him from sniping at rivals and complaining about the media.
- Mulvaney joins GOP candidate Paul on South Carolina tour Updated: Sep-23-15 9:32 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is touring South Carolina with one of his newest supporters - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney.
- US senator addresses cannabis industry at New York summit Updated: Sep-21-15 7:27 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand told a group of marijuana industry professionals Monday that the federal government should reform laws affecting its medical use, allowing states to set their own policies.
- US Rep. Mulvaney backing Paul's GOP presidential bid Updated: Sep-21-15 12:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Mick Mulvaney announced Monday he would be supporting Rand Paul's bid for president, making him the first South Carolina congressman to officially back a Republican candidate seeking the 2016 nomination.
- Kerry: US to accept 85,000 refugees in 2016, 100,000 in 2017 Updated: Sep-20-15 3:56 pm
BERLIN - Scrambling to address a growing Syrian refugee crisis, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday that the United States would significantly increase the number of worldwide migrants it takes in over the next two years, though not by nearly the amount many activists and former officials have urged.
- New Hampshire voters: Still a long way to go for decision Updated: Sep-18-15 5:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The pair of Republican presidential debates on CNN this week spanned five hours - long enough for someone to drive clear across New Hampshire and back again. But some voters in the state that will host the first primaries in 2016 still have a long way to go in settling on a favorite.
- A kinder, gentler Trump emerges - briefly - from GOP debate Updated: Sep-18-15 5:42 am
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump, humble?
- Bush leads off 6 GOP candidates visiting Michigan gathering Updated: Sep-18-15 5:35 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is leading off a half-dozen presidential candidates who plan to attend Michigan Republicans' weekend gathering on Mackinac Island.
- Stretch marks showed on CNN debate Updated: Sep-18-15 3:39 am
NEW YORK - It's safe to turn the TV back on. CNN's Republican presidential debate really is over.
- Fresh off GOP presidential debate, Bush, Paul back in Nevada Updated: Sep-17-15 6:21 pm
LAS VEGAS - Fresh off a spirited debate in Southern California, Republicans Jeb Bush and Rand Paul hit the campaign trail in neighboring Nevada again Thursday in their bid for the GOP's 2016 presidential nomination.
- At debate, GOP candidates try to tie themselves to Reagan Updated: Sep-17-15 8:18 am
ATLANTA - Standing in Ronald Reagan's presidential library, GOP White House hopeful Jeb Bush argued that the 40th president would agree with him, and not the front-running Donald Trump, on immigration.
- FACT CHECK: Republican debate features a few inflated claims Updated: Sep-17-15 4:27 am
WASHINGTON - Viewers of the second Republican presidential debate heard inflated claims about Planned Parenthood abortion practices and the risks of vaccines, as well as a dubious assertion by Donald Trump that he wasn't interested in establishing casinos in Florida back in Jeb Bush's days as a candidate for governor.
- 2016 candidates jump to raise money via new Twitter service Updated: Sep-15-15 11:50 am
WASHINGTON - Think of it as tweeting for dollars.
- Kentucky GOP chairman says Jeb Bush will visit Louisville Updated: Sep-15-15 9:58 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Republican Party Chairman Steve Robertson says Jeb Bush will visit Louisville later this month.