- At NRA meeting, Paul urges elimination of gun free zones Updated: May-20-16 5:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Days after securing a re-election match-up with a wealthy Kentucky Democrat, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul declared his support for allowing guns in every school, movie theater and supermarket in America in a speech to the National Rifle Association.
- Computers and warrants: Some senators oppose Justice plan Updated: May-19-16 4:49 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators took a first step Thursday to blocking a Justice Department proposal that they say would make it too easy for the government to hack into computers during investigations.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: May-18-16 5:13 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
- Democrat Gray takes on Sen. Paul, casts himself as outsider Updated: May-18-16 3:51 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Jim Gray came out swinging in his uphill fight against Republican Sen. Rand Paul, aiming to land some early shots to undermine the incumbent's advantages in GOP-trending Kentucky.
- The Latest: Clinton declares victory in Kentucky primary Updated: May-17-16 11:09 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the Kentucky primary election in which voters are casting ballots on a slate of local, state and federal races including the Democratic presidential primary (all times local):
- Grimes predicts 20 percent turnout for Kentucky primaries Updated: May-11-16 1:31 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's top election official says she expects 20 percent of Kentucky's more than 3.2 million registered voters to cast ballots in Tuesday's primary elections.
- Democrats facing tough odds in Kentucky Senate race Updated: May-10-16 1:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - With Democrats' dominance in state politics long vanished, the party is looking to rebound from two straight lopsided defeats, but they're confronted with another daunting task: toppling incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.
- Democrats criticize influence of money in politics Updated: May-09-16 11:26 pm
Denouncing big money influences on politics, several underfunded Democratic U.S. Senate candidates piled on Lexington Mayor Jim Gray on Monday night for tapping his personal wealth to help finance his run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Rand Paul.
- Trump-Clinton matchup is 'nightmare' for some Republicans Updated: May-09-16 3:53 am
OREM, Utah - The setting sun's light flooded a meeting of Utah County Republicans as Melanie Sorensen described her concerns about her party's presumptive presidential nominee.
- Obama calls on Sen. Paul to drop objections to tax treaties Updated: May-06-16 8:18 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Friday called on Sen. Rand Paul to drop his "quirky" objections to pending international tax treaties so they can move forward in Congress.
- Jury convicts Ron Paul aides of campaign finance violations Updated: May-05-16 3:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three campaign advisers to 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul were convicted Thursday in a federal case alleging they conspired to cover up the campaign's payments to a former Iowa state senator who had agreed to endorse their boss.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Stutzman, Young near end of biting GOP Senate campaign Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The farmer versus the U.S. Marine - those are the wholesome self-portraits the two candidates seeking Indiana's Republican nomination for U.S. Senate have tried their best to paint for voters ahead of Tuesday's primary election.
- Former Attorney General Conway to join Louisville law firm Updated: Apr-27-16 2:14 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Former Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway has joined a law firm in Louisville.