- Wisconsin Assembly speaker, others endorse Rubio Updated: Oct-09-15 3:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin state Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and 19 other Republican state lawmakers are endorsing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for president.
- Walker taps conservative Bradley for Wisconsin Supreme Court Updated: Oct-09-15 11:38 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker appointed conservative-backed appellate judge Rebecca Bradley to the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday, giving her the advantage of incumbency heading into the spring election.
- Civil service bill supporters say it will strengthen system Updated: Oct-06-15 5:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - State workers testified Tuesday against a Republican-backed bill that would make it easier to hire and fire public employees, saying the proposed overhaul of Wisconsin's 110-year-old civil service system would lead to political patronage and cronyism.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Oct-06-15 1:49 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Oct. 1
- Nevada lawmaker Jim Wheeler backs Cruz after Walker dropout Updated: Oct-06-15 12:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is picking up an endorsement from a former member of Scott Walker's Nevada campaign team.
- Former Nevada Gov. Bob List endorses Marco Rubio Updated: Oct-05-15 8:17 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Gov. Bob List is endorsing Marco Rubio for president after the first candidate he backed dropped out of the race.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- Longtime Wisconsin union leader Marty Beil dies at 68 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Marty Beil, the burly and sometimes brusque leader of the Wisconsin state employee labor union for 30 years, has died. He was 68.
- Nebraska economic development director out after 8 months Updated: Oct-01-15 7:42 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's new economic development director abruptly left her position Thursday after a little more than eight months on the job, with Gov. Pete Ricketts saying the state needs leadership that can promote it nationally and globally.
- Legislators propose raising conviction cap to $1 million Updated: Oct-01-15 5:35 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bipartisan group of state lawmakers is moving to dramatically restructure compensation rules for people wrongly convicted in Wisconsin, introducing a bill Thursday that would raise the maximum payout from $25,000 to $1 million and remove exonerees' cases from the state's public court database.
- Democrats demand Walker call transportation session Updated: Oct-01-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic lawmakers are demanding Republican Gov. Scott Walker call a special legislative session to deal with a shortfall in road project funding.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- Clinton, Bush steady fundraising amid GOP summer Trump slump Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 am
WASHINGTON - Voters won't cast their first ballots in the presidential race until February, but donors have been making their picks for months.
- Democrats call on Walker, Republicans to change agenda Updated: Sep-29-15 7:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic legislative leaders say Gov. Scott Walker and Republicans have lost focus and are overreaching by catering to the far right wing of their party in an "insatiable appetite for power."
- Walker sends signals he may appoint Bradley to Supreme Court Updated: Sep-29-15 5:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is sending signals that he may appoint state Appeals Court Judge Rebecca Bradley to a vacancy on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- GOP proposes giving Legislature health insurance oversight Updated: Sep-29-15 4:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The leaders of the Legislature's powerful budget-writing committee announced Tuesday that they've drafted a bill that would give their panel the ability to sign off on changes to the state's health insurance program.
- Scott Walker not endorsing after leaving presidential race Updated: Sep-25-15 3:44 pm
BEAVER DAM, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker doesn't yet want to endorse any of his fellow Republicans who remain in the race for president.
- Report: Wisconsin job-creation agency awards up, jobs down Updated: Sep-22-15 5:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's troubled job-creation agency handed out more awards last year but created fewer jobs, according to its annual report.
- Milwaukee council adds city money to Bucks new arena Updated: Sep-22-15 3:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - A city council in Milwaukee on Tuesday approved its piece of the $250 million public financing package that will fund half of a new Milwaukee Bucks arena.
- Frenemies: Tense undercurrents for US-China state dinner Updated: Sep-22-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - It's never good when tension is on the dinner menu.
- With Walker out of 2016 race, Obama loses a favorite foe Updated: Sep-22-15 10:53 am
WASHINGTON - With Scott Walker out of the White House race, President Barack Obama is losing a favorite political foe.
- GOP candidates scramble to win over Scott Walker supporters Updated: Sep-22-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - Even before Scott Walker dropped out of the race for president, his Republican rivals for the White House were chasing after the remnants of his once high-flying campaign.
- Analysis: For Walker, a cascade of troubles ends campaign Updated: Sep-22-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - For Scott Walker, it wasn't one thing that led to the demise of his presidential campaign. It was just about everything.
- Supreme Court Justice Crooks, 77, dies in chambers Updated: Sep-21-15 6:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patrick Crooks, a stoic and neutral presence on a bitterly divided high court, died Monday in the state Capitol. He was 77.
- As Georgia race heats up, Rubio gets congressman's support Updated: Sep-21-15 12:25 pm
ATLANTA - As the Republican presidential scramble heats up ahead of Georgia's March 1 primary, the state's elected leaders are starting to take sides, with Marco Rubio picking up support Monday from a conservative congressman from south Georgia.