- Report: Retroactive OT ordered for Walker security detail Updated: Aug-29-15 1:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Federal authorities are ordering retroactive overtime for Wisconsin State Patrol officers who serve as bodyguards for Gov. Scott Walker and other state officials, a television station reported.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Walker giving foreign policy speech in South Carolina Updated: Aug-28-15 4:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Scott Walker is coming to South Carolina to discuss what American foreign policy would look like in his administration.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Snyder: Talking to China important despite GOP critics Updated: Aug-27-15 10:48 am
DETROIT - Republican Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder said Thursday it's important to talk trade with Chinese officials despite some GOP presidential hopefuls blaming China for the recent tumble of U.S. stocks.
- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- Trump has Univision anchor removed from new conference Updated: Aug-25-15 10:20 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump engaged in a prolonged confrontation with the anchor of the nation's leading Spanish-language network during a news conference Tuesday, first having the well-known news personality removed before allowing him back in.
- CEO leaving Wisconsin's troubled economic development agency Updated: Aug-25-15 3:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The leader of Republican Gov. Scott Walker's troubled economic development agency said Tuesday that he plans to step down next month.
- Rand Paul is 6th candidate planning to attend Michigan event Updated: Aug-25-15 9:15 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is scheduled to speak next month at a Republican gathering in Michigan.
- Moore says Walker 'tightening the noose' on black people Updated: Aug-24-15 4:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore says that Republican Gov. Scott Walker's policies are "tightening the noose, literally, around African Americans."
- Walker's health plan hinges on a tricky subsidy rollback Updated: Aug-23-15 10:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Scott Walker's plan for repealing and replacing President Barack Obama's health care law hinges on what many see as a nearly insurmountable obstacle - getting 60 votes in the Senate.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.
- Walker says he's not taking stand on birthright citizenship Updated: Aug-21-15 9:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker said in a television interview Friday he is not taking a position on whether children born to immigrants here illegally should automatically be citizens.
- Union protest punctuates Koch group's Ohio summit Updated: Aug-21-15 5:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hundreds of union workers and their supporters demonstrated and marched in downtown Columbus to protest the politics of billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch (kohk) and their flagship conservative organization, Americans for Prosperity.
- Bush talks tax-cutting in speech to tea party group Updated: Aug-21-15 3:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is highlighting his experience cutting taxes and overhauling Florida's education system in an appeal to tea party conservatives.
- Republican legislative leaders push back against Walker Updated: Aug-21-15 2:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican leaders in the Wisconsin Legislature are pushing back against Gov. Scott Walker's description of how he had to convince them to pass his signature initiative curbing public sector union rights.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Aug-21-15 12:37 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Aug. 20
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- State settles unused trains lawsuit for nearly $10 million Updated: Aug-20-15 1:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state of Wisconsin will pay a Spanish manufacturer nearly $10 million for two trains it built that were never used after Republican Gov. Scott Walker abandoned a rail project.
- Poll shows Walker leads GOP field in home state of Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 1:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new poll shows Gov. Scott Walker leads the field of Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin.
- GOP presidential hopefuls gather for education summit Updated: Aug-19-15 4:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Six Republican presidential hopefuls are heading to New Hampshire to discuss elementary and secondary education policy.
- Trump, Walker to make stops in Alabama this week Updated: Aug-18-15 6:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump will make a campaign stop in Alabama on Friday.
- GOP hopeful Scott Walker offers health plan with tax credits Updated: Aug-18-15 2:28 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker on Tuesday offered an alternative to President Barack Obama's health care law that would provide tax credits and restructure Medicaid, and took a swipe at GOP rivals in Congress for their inability to repeal the law.