- The Latest: Sanders again declines to endorse Clinton Updated: Jun-30-16 8:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Trump talks trade at shuttered NH factory Updated: Jun-30-16 6:54 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Republican Donald Trump talked trade at a shuttered New Hampshire factory on Thursday, putting a more personal spin on his vow to rip up the nation's trade deals and impose new tariffs in an effort to revive local manufacturing jobs.
- A presidential bar and more: Cleveland for conventioneers Updated: Jun-30-16 3:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Conventioneers, political geeks and others heading to the GOP convention in Cleveland, take note: With seven presidents born in Ohio, there's a lot of history here.
- Judge OKs voter registration rules in 3 states for now Updated: Jun-29-16 8:12 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Residents of Kansas, Georgia and Alabama will have to prove they are U.S. citizens when registering to vote for federal elections using a national form, a judge ruled Wednesday.
- George W. Bush to campaign in August for Ohio's GOP senator Updated: Jun-27-16 6:04 pm
CINCINNATI - Former president George W. Bush plans a campaign stop in Ohio later this summer on behalf of incumbent GOP U.S. senator Rob Portman.
- George W. Bush headlining fundraiser for Missouri Sen. Blunt Updated: Jun-27-16 11:13 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former President George W. Bush is coming to Missouri to help raise money for the re-election campaign of Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt.
- Fiorina campaigns for Rand Paul in Kentucky Senate race Updated: Jun-24-16 10:10 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Carly Fiorina is campaigning for Rand Paul in Kentucky, reuniting the two one-time presidential candidates as part of the Kentucky senator's slow but steady re-election campaign.
- Former IG fired by Obama over investigation dies at 84 Updated: Jun-24-16 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - Gerald Walpin, a former inspector general for the federal AmeriCorps program who was fired by President Barack Obama over his handling of an investigation into a California mayor and Obama supporter, has died. He was 84.
- CNN's Lewandowski joins stable of former operatives on news Updated: Jun-24-16 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - Corey Lewandowski, who debuted as a CNN contributor three days after being fired as Donald Trump's campaign manager, is hardly the only political operative that a cable news network is paying to talk about politics.
- Conflicting court rulings put Ohio's voting rules in limbo Updated: Jun-24-16 2:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio voter Keith Dehmann failed to list his birthdate when casting his absentee ballot in the 2014 general election and later tried to remedy the mistake. That same year, Linda and Gunther Lahm mixed up the envelopes for their absentee ballots and then overlooked birthdate errors when fixing the problem.
- Bluegrass music patriarch Ralph Stanley dies at 89 Updated: Jun-23-16 9:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ralph Stanley, a patriarch of Appalachian music who with his brother Carter helped expand and popularize the genre that became known as bluegrass, died Thursday. He was 89.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump peddles suspect claims about Clinton Updated: Jun-23-16 9:04 am
WASHINGTON - In a speech skewering Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump assigned her far more influence than she had as secretary of state as he blamed her directly for a host of foreign policy ills. He also peddled some suspect allegations that she used her time as the top diplomat to enrich herself.
- Road to 270: GOP's California dream has long proven elusive Updated: Jun-20-16 3:17 am
WESTMINSTER, California - Bob Dole thought he could win California with a "fishhook" strategy. George W. Bush came armed with $15 million. John McCain was bullish, too. They all lost.
- AP Analysis: Mideast showed Hillary Clinton US power's limit Updated: Jun-17-16 3:23 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - In the wake of the Orlando killings this week, Hillary Clinton had harsh words for America's Gulf allies, criticizing them for funding institutions that radicalize young Muslims.
- Trump marks campaign anniversary in Texas Updated: Jun-16-16 11:11 pm
DALLAS - Donald Trump marked the one-year anniversary of his Republican presidential campaign launch with a rally in Dallas on Thursday that offered a heavy dose of nostalgia.
- US lawmakers take aim at North Korea over terrorism Updated: Jun-16-16 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States treats North Korea as a pariah for its record on many issues: nuclear weapons, human rights, cyberattacks and money laundering among them. But not for terrorism.
- Federal judge dismisses Texas' lawsuit over Syrian refugees Updated: Jun-16-16 2:50 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas can't keep out Syrian refugees, a federal judge has ruled, dismissing concerns state Republican leaders' sounded over hidden extremists following the Paris attacks and revived this week by Donald Trump following the nightclub massacre in Orlando, Florida.
- Scott Jennings to emcee political speaking at Fancy Farm Updated: Jun-16-16 1:33 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Former White House aide and conservative commentator Scott Jennings will emcee the political speaking event at the Fancy Farm picnic in August.
- Documents: Image of chained, diapered detainees worried Bush Updated: Jun-16-16 3:35 am
WASHINGTON - Newly declassified documents offer more details about a detainee who died inside the secret prison network the CIA operated abroad after the Sept. 11 attacks and disclose that President George W. Bush was worried about the image of shackled detainees wearing adult diapers.
- Southern Baptists go beyond conservative politics at meeting Updated: Jun-15-16 7:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Southern Baptist Convention has been closely associated with conservative politics for years, but at its annual meeting this week the nation's largest Protestant denomination showed that its concerns are becoming more diverse along with its membership.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Jun-15-16 6:01 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in the United States and abroad:
- Former GOP senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich dies Updated: Jun-12-16 5:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Republican U.S. Sen. George Voinovich, a two-term Ohio governor who preached frugality in his personal and public life and occasionally bucked the GOP establishment, died Sunday. He was 79.
- The Latest: Elder Bush mourns Voinovich as political ally Updated: Jun-12-16 5:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on the death of former U.S. senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich (all times local):
- CIA: No evidence that Saudi gov't helped 9/11 attackers Updated: Jun-12-16 9:34 am
WASHINGTON - CIA Director John Brennan said there is no evidence that the Saudi government or senior Saudi officials supported the Sept. 11 attacks.
- Former President George H.W. Bush celebrates 92nd birthday Updated: Jun-12-16 8:56 am
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - Former President George H.W. Bush is celebrating his 92nd birthday with family on the Maine coast.