- Recipients of donations from Prince's concert announced Updated: Jun-03-15 3:52 am
BALTIMORE - The recipients of the proceeds from Prince's "Rally 4 Peace" concert last month have been announced in a press release sent by the entertainer's publicist.
- Street renamed after 3-year-old murder victim in Baltimore Updated: May-31-15 3:11 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore officials and community members gathered to unveil a street sign honoring the memory of a three-year-old who was fatally shot last year.
- 6 Baltimore officers charged in death seek to move trial Updated: May-27-15 7:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Attorneys for six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray are asking a judge to move their case out of Baltimore, arguing it will be impossible to select an impartial jury and receive a fair trial.
- Prosecutor: 6 officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray Updated: May-21-15 8:33 pm
BALTIMORE - A grand jury indicted all six officers charged in the case of Freddie Gray, who died of injuries he suffered in police custody, allowing the state's attorney to press ahead with the most serious charges despite criticism that she was part of an "overzealous prosecution."
- Maryland officials meet at White House on Baltimore recovery Updated: May-20-15 6:34 pm
- Baltimore prosecutors in Freddie Gray case seek gag order Updated: May-16-15 1:08 am
BALTIMORE - Baltimore prosecutors are seeking a gag order as they pursue a criminal case against six city officers in the case of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old man who died a week after suffering a spinal injury while in police custody.
- RX for Baltimore economy: More residents with money to spend Updated: May-13-15 12:35 pm
BALTIMORE - The fragility of Baltimore's economy was exposed by Freddie Gray's death from a spinal injury suffered while in police custody.
- AP source: US to investigate Baltimore police force Updated: May-07-15 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department is preparing to announce a civil rights investigation into the practices of the Baltimore police department following a request from that city's mayor, a person familiar with the matter said Thursday.
- Reforming Baltimore police will be time-consuming, costly Updated: May-05-15 10:11 am
BALTIMORE - Months before Freddie Gray died of the broken neck he suffered during what Baltimore's top prosecutor called an illegal arrest, the city's mayor and police commissioner said the department needed reform and asked the Justice Department for help reviewing officer misconduct.
- Officials, church plan to rebuild burned community center Updated: May-04-15 3:01 pm
BALTIMORE - An eastern Baltimore church and developers say they'll start rebuilding a senior housing center destroyed during rioting.