- Gonzalez improves, but Nationals fall to Cardinals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:23 am
ST. LOUIS - Washington left-hander Gio Gonzalez took a positive step forward on Monday night.
- Heyward's double keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 1:14 am
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward decided to cut loose for a change.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner vs. Greinke, rosters reboot Updated: Aug-31-15 9:20 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Tuesday:
- Cards' Martinez scratched from Tuesday start with sore back Updated: Aug-31-15 7:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez has been scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday with a sore back.
- Maness gets key outs in 8th as Cardinals beat D-backs 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 2:26 am
PHOENIX - Seth Maness came into the game in a tight spot and got some big outs for St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals draw on deep reservoir of talent to lead baseball Updated: Aug-20-15 5:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Building the best record in the major leagues is hard work.
- Dietrich helps Marlins beat Cardinals 6-4 Updated: Aug-16-15 7:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - Derek Dietrich is going to need a new nickname.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Kang, McCutchen rally Pirates past Dodgers 13-6 Updated: Aug-10-15 12:51 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang hit back after getting hit by pitches in his two previous plate appearances.