- Comptroller sees $6 billion more in New York City funds Updated: Jul-30-15 11:29 am
NEW YORK - Comptroller Scott Stringer says the New York City budget has benefited from $5.9 billion in additional funds over the last 12 months thanks to factors including higher than expected tax revenues.
- NYC officials implore Washington to help Puerto Rico Updated: Jul-28-15 2:26 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio and other New York City elected officials are urging Washington to aid Puerto Rico during its fiscal crisis.
- NYC mayor: 400,000 people have obtained municipal ID cards Updated: Jul-27-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Monday that about 400,000 people have obtained New York City's municipal ID card since the program was rolled out six months ago - including immigrants lacking legal documentation.
- As Democrats fret over 'sharing economy,' GOP moves in Updated: Jul-26-15 2:55 am
DENVER - The debate over ride-hailing firm Uber is laying bare divides in the Democratic Party and on the left about how to handle the new "sharing" economy. Republicans are hungry to exploit that ambivalence and make inroads into a wealthy sector of the tech industry.
- Fallout from Uber deal keeps tensions high at NYC City Hall Updated: Jul-23-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - The deal that, for now, decided the ride-hailing behemoth Uber's future in New York City began with a phone call to Rome.
- NYC school discipline panel says suspensions, arrests down Updated: Jul-23-15 4:12 pm
NEW YORK - A panel examining safety in New York City schools said Thursday that overly punitive discipline is down under Mayor Bill de Blasio and recommended teacher training and other measures to continue that trend.
- Bratton says he won't serve 2 terms as NYPD commissioner Updated: Jul-23-15 2:34 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police Commissioner William Bratton says he won't serve two terms - even if Mayor Bill de Blasio is re-elected.
- Uber growth unhampered in surprise deal with NYC Updated: Jul-23-15 1:37 am
NEW YORK - Uber cars can continue to be a growing presence on the streets of New York City now that an agreement has been reached between the ride-hailing company and the city.
- NYC to MTA: Let's work to fill $14 billion funding gap Updated: Jul-22-15 7:35 am
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio's administration wants the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to work with New York City to figure out how to fund a $14 billion gap in the transportation agency's capital plan.
- World mayors at Vatican urge 'bold climate agreement' Updated: Jul-21-15 11:25 pm
VATICAN CITY - Mayors from around the world declared Tuesday that climate change is real, man-made and must be stopped as a matter of moral imperative, gathering at the Vatican to announce new measures to fight global warming and bask in Pope Francis' ecological star power.
- NYC mayor blasts EU on migration, warns Wall St. on climate Updated: Jul-21-15 4:19 pm
VATICAN CITY - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio denounced the European Union on Tuesday for leaving Italy to deal with waves of immigration, saying the EU must come up with a Europe-wide immigration policy or stop pretending it's a union.
- NYC comptroller opposes plan to cap Uber, opposing mayor Updated: Jul-21-15 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - Comptroller Scott Stringer is calling for the New York City Council to delay a vote on capping the number of Uber cars on city streets.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- NYC Mayor de Blasio to address climate change at Vatican Updated: Jul-20-15 12:50 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is heading to a conference on climate change at the Vatican, where he's scheduled to speak and attend an audience with Pope Francis.
- Minneapolis mayor headed to Vatican, to meet Pope Francis Updated: Jul-17-15 2:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges is part of a select group of U.S. city leaders headed to the Vatican for a conference next week, where they'll meet Pope Francis.
- Free broadband for 5 NYC housing developments Updated: Jul-16-15 1:07 am
NEW YORK - The city is poised to begin providing free Internet broadband access to more than 16,000 residents of its sprawling public housing system.
- Poll: Public backs Gov. Cuomo in clash with NYC mayor Updated: Jul-15-15 8:28 am
ALBANY, New York - A poll says New York state voters are siding with Gov. Andrew Cuomo in his clash with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio.
- De Blasio: Garner's death not in vain Updated: Jul-15-15 1:16 am
NEW YORK - The death of an unarmed black man who was held in a police chokehold wasn't in vain, and could help change the relationship between police officers and the communities they patrol, Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a church service in honor of Eric Garner.
- Internet group asks de Blasio to oppose NYC taxi cap Updated: Jul-14-15 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - A group of Internet companies is pushing to prevent New York City from limiting the number of for-hire cars on its streets.
- Mayor: NYPD reforms in place since Garner chokehold death Updated: Jul-14-15 8:57 am
NEW YORK - As the anniversary of Eric Garner's death approaches, Mayor Bill de Blasio proclaimed that he has faith in the reforms made to the New York City Police Department following the chokehold killing that shook the country's largest city and contributed to a national focus on policing communities of color.
- NYC finances 20,000 affordable housing apartments in a year Updated: Jul-13-15 3:22 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mayor Bill de Blasio says his administration has financed the largest annual number of affordable apartments in a quarter-century.
- NY disability pride parade draws thousands marking milestone Updated: Jul-12-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - New York City hosted its first parade Sunday supporting people with disabilities, with more than 3,000 participants heading up Broadway using wheelchairs, canes and guide dogs.
- Tens of thousands expected at Central Park religious revival Updated: Jul-11-15 7:35 pm
NEW YORK - New York's Central Park is hosting a huge Christian religious rally featuring well-known evangelical figures and Yankees great Mariano Rivera.
- De Blasio, after hit from Cuomo, does not back down Updated: Jul-09-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - The cold war between New York's two leading Democrats is showing no signs of abating.
- NYC prepares to throw parade for Women's World Cup winners Updated: Jul-09-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Canyon of Heroes, a stretch of Broadway where the nation's largest city has honored its legends, will come to life on Friday for the Women's World Cup winners.