- Governor delays budget summit because Madigan can't attend Updated: Nov-14-15 8:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner on Saturday postponed next week's highly touted budget meeting after House Speaker Michael Madigan said he couldn't attend because of a family matter, marking a setback in what would have been the first meeting between the governor and legislative leaders in months.
- Rauner proposes open, then closed, budget negotiation Updated: Nov-13-15 6:52 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The highly anticipated, publicly monitored budget summit among Illinois' feuding leaders should be - mostly - closed to the public, Gov. Bruce Rauner said Friday.
- AP: Illinois Democratic superdelegates lining up for Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention next summer appear to be lining up behind Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Rauner touts compromise, Dems criticize 'inconsistency' Updated: Nov-10-15 9:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Despite having no state budget agreement more than four months into the state's fiscal year, the Illinois Senate left the capital city Tuesday for perhaps the last time before the new year while House Democrats attempted, but failed, to adopt spending plans they say strike at Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner's "inconsistency."
- Director of agency that oversees Lincoln museum dismissed Updated: Nov-02-15 10:50 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Historic Preservation Agency dismissed its director Monday, following skirmishes with the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library, which it oversees.