- Giving up the long ball hurts Cards in 4-3 loss to Nationals Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
ST. LOUIS - Tyler Lyons did well enough as a fill-in starter for the St. Louis Cardinals, Brandon Moss hit another mammoth home run and the offense erased a seventh-inning deficit for the third straight game.
- Zimmerman homers twice, doubles as Nationals beat Cardinals Updated: Sep-03-15 12:54 am
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals' bullpen got plenty of big outs. Ryan Zimmerman took care of the offense.
- Maness gets key outs in 8th as Cardinals beat D-backs 5-3 Updated: Aug-28-15 2:26 am
PHOENIX - Seth Maness came into the game in a tight spot and got some big outs for St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals draw on deep reservoir of talent to lead baseball Updated: Aug-20-15 5:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Building the best record in the major leagues is hard work.
- Heyward out of Cardinals lineup day after being removed Updated: Aug-18-15 6:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals outfielder Jason Heyward is out of the starting lineup a day after being removed from a game with left hamstring tightness, an injury manager Mike Matheny believes may have been cramping.
- Cardinals place Grichuk on 15-day DL, recall Pham Updated: Aug-17-15 7:06 pm
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Rams receiver Brian Quick back after breaking collarbone Updated: Aug-06-15 9:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - Just when he was starting to fully appreciate football, St. Louis Rams wide receiver Brian Quick almost had it taken away from him.