- Italian film comic Bud Spencer, the 'good giant,' dies at 86 Updated: Jun-28-16 9:00 am
ROME - Bud Spencer, a burly comic actor dubbed the "good giant" for punching out bad guys on the screen, often in a long series of spaghetti westerns, has died in Italy. He was 86.
- Putin calls on Europe to improve ties despite sanctions Updated: Jun-17-16 2:23 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Russian President Vladimir Putin called on European leaders Friday to heal ties with his country despite sanctions after meeting with European investors who said they want to expand their businesses there.
- Renzi says Italy wants to boost economic ties with Russia Updated: Jun-17-16 2:00 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Italy wants to strengthen its economic presence in Russia and hopes ties between Moscow and the European Union will improve, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said Friday.
- The Latest: Renzi praises Russian role in Libya Updated: Jun-17-16 1:52 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The Latest from the Russian Economic Forum in St. Petersburg (all times local):
- Western leaders, CEOs visit Russia amid sanctions fatigue Updated: Jun-16-16 1:26 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The European Union needs to engage with Russia despite the painful sanctions exchanged over the past two years, a top EU official said Thursday during a rare visit that included Western oil executives eager to re-establish relations and sign new deals.
- Swiss inaugurate $12 billion rail tunnel, world's longest Updated: Jun-01-16 5:20 pm
GENEVA - Just like Hannibal in ancient times, Swiss engineers have conquered the Alps.