- The Latest: 78 refugees rescued off Greece in 2 incidents Updated: May-05-16 1:26 pm
ROME - The Latest on Europe's response to the wave of migration from the Middle East and elsewhere (all times local):
- Italy's Renzi hails new Alfa Romeo as sign of economic hope Updated: May-05-16 8:27 am
ROME - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi is hailing the new Alfa Romeo sedan by Fiat Chrysler, which he says will add 3,400 jobs in Italy and symbolizes the country's economic potential.
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success Updated: May-03-16 9:11 pm
LEICESTER, England - The partisanship that usually defines soccer in England seemed to be temporarily set aside as Leicester City's players were acclaimed as the People's Champions.
- 'King Claudio': Ranieri hailed as a hero at home in Italy Updated: May-03-16 11:25 am
ROME - The Italian premier called it "insane." The country's national sports newspaper called him "King Claudio." Even the Vatican newspaper, l'Osservatore Romano, weighed in with a comparison to King Richard III.
- At the Vatican, Biden seeks common cause with pope on cancer Updated: Apr-29-16 1:55 pm
VATICAN CITY - Vice President Joe Biden found common cause with Pope Francis on Friday at the Vatican for a global commitment to fund cancer research.
- The Latest: Biden's grand welcome at Italian PM's residence Updated: Apr-29-16 9:24 am
VATICAN CITY - The Latest on Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Vatican City and Rome (all times local):
- Obama boosts Islamic State fight, asks Europe to do the same Updated: Apr-25-16 7:06 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - Evoking history and appealing for solidarity, President Barack Obama on Monday cast his decision to send 250 more troops to Syria as a bid to keep up "momentum" in the campaign to dislodge Islamic State extremists. He pressed European allies to match the U.S. with new contributions of their own.
- The Latest: Obama meeting with European leaders Updated: Apr-25-16 8:51 am
HANNOVER, Germany - The Latest on President Barack Obama's visit to Germany (all times local):
- Mayoral candidate opposes Rome's 2024 Olympics bid Updated: Apr-20-16 11:30 am
ROME - One of the leading candidates for next month's mayoral election has come out against Rome's bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Obama, EU leaders to meet over IS group, migration and Libya Updated: Apr-20-16 7:39 am
PARIS - President Barack Obama will meet with French, British, Italian and German leaders in Hannover next week for discussions expected to touch on Syria, Libya, the Islamic State group and migration, European officials said Wednesday.
- Iran and Italy sign several deals during visit by PM Renzi Updated: Apr-12-16 2:41 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran and Italy signed a series of bilateral agreements during a visit by Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to Tehran on Monday, signaling both countries' desire to restore ties following this year's implementation of the Iran nuclear deal.