- Vermont governor says 'people' want GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 5:22 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin said Thursday people who want to know what's in their food will win the fight against an industry that is trying to block laws that require the labeling of some foods made with genetically modified organisms.
- House passes bill to prevent mandatory GMO labeling Updated: Jul-23-15 3:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Food companies would not have to disclose whether their products include genetically modified ingredients under legislation passed by the House Thursday.
- Considering governor's run, Dunne jumps out on fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 5:35 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Political veteran Matt Dunne, a likely Democratic candidate for governor, said Wednesday he has raised about $135,000 from campaign contributors in less than three weeks.
- Vermont's Leahy, Sanders, Welch praise Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-15-15 4:43 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's congressional delegation is offering support for the agreement reached with Iran to limits that nation's nuclear program while lifting economic sanctions.
- Federal funding fight could stall Vermont road projects Updated: Jul-07-15 3:46 pm
EAST MONTPELIER, Vermont - U.S. Rep. Peter Welch stood with state and local officials next to a deteriorating state highway bridge on Tuesday to highlight frustration with congressional inaction on funding a new multiyear transportation program.
- Sale of IBM microchip plants in Vermont, New York completed Updated: Jul-01-15 12:53 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - GlobalFoundries announced Wednesday it had completed its purchase of IBM's microchip plants in Vermont and New York, giving a new lease on life to a big employer in Vermont and New York's Duchess County.