- Harvey has 'best stuff' of season in Mets' loss to Nats Updated: Jun-29-16 1:26 am
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey showed the best glimpse yet of getting his game back together. Rain cost him the chance to help get the New York Mets a victory.
- Giolito impresses in rain-shortened debut as Nats beat Mets Updated: Jun-29-16 1:21 am
WASHINGTON - Calm and collected on the outside, Lucas Giolito was so anxious about making his major league debut that he kept going into manager Dusty Baker's office to ask when the game would start.
- Mets lefty Matz has bone spur in elbow, start pushed back Updated: Jun-28-16 8:03 pm
WASHINGTON - New York Mets pitcher Steven Matz has a bone spur in his left elbow and will have his next start pushed back from Wednesday to Thursday.
- Freeman, Garcia homer as Braves beat Colon, Mets 5-2 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:31 pm
ATLANTA - Bud Norris is making the most of his second chance in the Braves' rotation.
- Mets sign shortstop Jose Reyes to minor league contract Updated: Jun-25-16 6:14 pm
ATLANTA - The New York Mets signed shortstop Jose Reyes to a minor league contract on Saturday, creating a reunion with the team's former star who now must overcome a suspension for domestic violence as he attempts to revive his career.
- Mets relieved injuries to Cespedes, Syndergaard aren't bad Updated: Jun-23-16 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - New York Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes should miss no more than a couple of games and pitcher Noah Syndergaard is expected to make his next start.
- Syndergaard, Cespedes hurt in Mets' 4-3 win over Royals Updated: Jun-22-16 10:59 pm
NEW YORK - Even when the Mets win lately, it hurts.
- Colon expected to start Sunday for Mets despite thumb injury Updated: Jun-22-16 2:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thumbs up was the word on Bartolo Colon.
- Mets' Colon hit by line drive, leaves with bruised thumb Updated: Jun-21-16 8:42 pm
NEW YORK - Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon was hit on his pitching hand by a line drive Tuesday night and left his start against Kansas City in the first inning with a bruised thumb.
- Teheran leads Braves past Mets for 5th straight win Updated: Jun-19-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - A single blip from sublime perfection.
- Walker, Conforto return and back Colon as Mets beat Bucs 6-4 Updated: Jun-17-16 12:23 am
NEW YORK - Two hitters got healthy and Bartolo Colon kept his fans happy. All in all, a rollicking night for the New York Mets at Citi Field.
- Mets 3B David Wright has neck surgery in California Updated: Jun-16-16 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Now it's certain: David Wright will be sidelined for the foreseeable future.
- Collins feeling better, back in uniform for banged-up Mets Updated: Jun-14-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - Mets manager Terry Collins was back in uniform and feeling better. Not so for some of his top players, though.
- Davies strong for Brewers in 5-3 win over Collins-less Mets Updated: Jun-12-16 6:54 pm
- Flores' pinch single in 10th lifts Mets over Pirates 6-5 Updated: Jun-09-16 12:08 am
PITTSBURGH - Wilmer Flores didn't exactly crush his winning single.
- Mets reacquire Kelly Johnson from Braves Updated: Jun-08-16 5:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - Kelly Johnson is back with the New York Mets, who hope he can spark to a slumping team that had lost seven of 10 going into Wednesday night's game against Pittsburgh.
- Mets-Pirates game rained out in Pittsburgh; DH on Tuesday Updated: Jun-07-16 12:08 am
PITTSBURGH - Neil Walker's homecoming will have to wait one more day.
- Fernandez outpitches Harvey, Marlins beat Mets 1-0 Updated: Jun-05-16 5:11 pm
MIAMI - When Jose Fernandez threw a slider for his 14th strikeout to escape a seventh-inning jam, he spun on the mound, pumped his arms, screamed, pounded his glove, screamed some more and yanked at his jersey as though trying to tear it off.
- Mets 3B Wright out at least 6 weeks with neck injury Updated: Jun-03-16 6:38 pm
MIAMI - New York Mets third baseman David Wright will be out at least six weeks and perhaps a lot longer with a herniated disk in his neck, and the team didn't try to minimize the loss Friday.
- Nats' Murphy exceeding expectations and flirting with .400 Updated: Jun-02-16 4:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A player batting almost .400 is the driving force behind the Washington Nationals' offense. And his name isn't Bryce Harper.
- Cubs dominate early NL All-Star voting Updated: Jun-02-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Addison Russell got an update on the All-Star voting from his wife, Melisa. "She was making me blush a little bit," a grinning Russell said.
- Albers' 1st hit since 2007 leads ChiSox over Mets 2-1 in 13 Updated: Jun-01-16 9:34 pm
NEW YORK - Told he was going to hit in the 13th inning, Matt Albers scrambled.
- Mets' offense vanishing, wastes 13 walks in 13-inning loss Updated: Jun-01-16 9:14 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets' offense is vanishing.
- Mets 3B Wright given shot for neck injury, avoids DL for now Updated: Jun-01-16 1:22 am
NEW YORK - David Wright avoided the disabled list Tuesday, at least for now.
- Mets add Loney to lineup, send INF/OF Campbell to minors Updated: Jun-01-16 1:18 am
NEW YORK - The Mets optioned utility player Eric Campbell to Triple-A Las Vegas on Tuesday, opening a roster spot for new first baseman James Loney.