- Syndergaard dominates, Mets hit 2 homers to beat Padres 4-0 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:14 am
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard had the fans on their feet and the Padres in the palm of his hand. With one pinpoint pitch after another, he nearly turned a sour day for the New York Mets into a thrilling night at Citi Field.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Greinke's shutout streak ends, Mets beat Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thanks to another exquisite performance from Jacob deGrom and a big hit by newcomer Juan Uribe, the New York Mets did more than just stop Zack Greinke's streak.
- Johnson, Uribe join Mets, Collins says hot hitters will play Updated: Jul-25-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - Infielders Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe joined the New York Mets on Saturday, and manager Terry Collins made it clear that anyone who hits will remain in the lineup.
- Mets acquire Uribe, Johnson from Braves Updated: Jul-25-15 12:53 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets acquired infielder Juan Uribe, infielder-outfielder Kelly Johnson and cash considerations from the Atlanta Braves on Friday night for minor league pitchers John Gant and Rob Whalen.
- Mets put Cuddyer on disabled list, promote prospect Conforto Updated: Jul-24-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets promoted top hitting prospect Michael Conforto from Double-A and put him in the starting lineup Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Meek Mets lineup no match for Dodgers' Kershaw in 3-0 loss Updated: Jul-23-15 11:35 pm
NEW YORK - With a cleanup hitter batting .170 and the guy behind him hitting only a little bit better, the New York Mets stood little chance against Clayton Kershaw.
- OF Cuddyer has knee re-examined, Mets hopeful for return Updated: Jul-23-15 10:36 pm
NEW YORK - New York left fielder Michael Cuddyer was re-examined by doctors Thursday and given a new medication for his aching left knee that the Mets hope will keep him off the disabled list.
- Taylor, Espinosa lead Nationals' comeback over Mets Updated: Jul-22-15 5:33 pm
- Mets beat Cards in 18 innings despite stranding 25 runners Updated: Jul-19-15 10:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - The New York Mets left 25 men on base and went 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position. In the end, they still managed to pull out a win.
- Nieuwenhuis hits 3 HR, Mets win 5-3, sweep DBacks Updated: Jul-12-15 5:56 pm
NEW YORK - Kirk Nieuwenhuis has learned not to take anything for granted, especially after the rollercoaster ride this season has been.
- Mets rookie Matz has no regrets about pitching with injury Updated: Jul-10-15 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Steven Matz insisted Friday he has no regrets about pitching with an achy muscle even though the injury turned out to be more serious than he thought.
- Matz sharp, Mets feast on Dodgers pitching to take series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Steven Matz is having the time of his young baseball life, winning his first two career starts, including silencing the Los Angeles Dodgers' powerful lineup.
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.
- Mets activate Daniel Murphy from DL Updated: Jun-30-15 7:21 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets activated infielder Daniel Murphy from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday night and put him in the cleanup spot, hoping he will bring a much-needed jolt to an offense that has had major difficulties scoring runs.