- Panel studying stadium plan in Vegas gets new numbers Updated: Jun-23-16 7:25 pm
LAS VEGAS - A day after Las Vegas won a bid for an NHL expansion team, a governor's panel studying a proposed 65,000-seat domed stadium to lure a pro football franchise was greeted Thursday with a pep talk and changing financial figures.
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; new team to start play in 2017 Updated: Jun-22-16 8:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL is making a big bet on Las Vegas.
- Anze Kopitar is LA Kings' new captain as Brown loses job Updated: Jun-16-16 6:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two years after Dustin Brown accepted the Stanley Cup from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman for the second time, the Los Angeles Kings' longtime captain has lost the job.
- Gordie Howe's life and legacy celebrated at Detroit funeral Updated: Jun-15-16 6:15 pm
DETROIT - Gordie Howe could break a lobster claw with his fingers, one of his sons said, and make people melt in his hands with his kindness and humility.
- The Great One among those to pay respects to Mr. Hockey Updated: Jun-14-16 10:11 pm
DETROIT - Gordie Howe's casket was guided down a hallway, flanked by some of the biggest names in sports: Wayne Gretzky, Scotty Bowman and Al Kaline.
- The Latest: Crosby hands Cup to injured D Trevor Daley Updated: Jun-12-16 11:13 pm
- Gordie Howe, the gritty and mighty 'Mr. Hockey,' dies at 88 Updated: Jun-10-16 7:53 pm
DETROIT - Gordie Howe worked all his remarkable life to earn the respect and awe that came with being "Mr. Hockey."
- The Latest: Thurman Thomas grew up a fan of Howe in Houston Updated: Jun-10-16 4:51 pm
The Latest on the death of Hall of Fame hockey player Gordie Howe (all times EDT):
- NHL appeals Wideman suspension reduction to NY federal court Updated: Jun-09-16 9:50 pm
NEW YORK - The National Hockey League might be suffering buyer's remorse after agreeing players can appeal a commissioner's decision to an outside arbitrator.
- Hurricanes GM latest to rebut reports of possible relocation Updated: Jun-09-16 4:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Carolina Hurricanes general manager Ron Francis believes the team's future is secure in North Carolina.