- Illinois News Digest Updated: Feb-12-16 1:06 am
Good morning. Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in Illinois at 12 a.m. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Chicago bureau at 312-781-0500 or email@example.com. Caryn Rousseau is staffing the desk. AP-Chicago News Editor Hugh Dellios can be reached at 312-920-3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017 NHL draft to be held in Chicago Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - The 2017 NHL draft is coming to the United Center. And there is no coach's challenge to take that one away from Chicago.
- Martin Brodeur has No. 30 jersey retired by Devils Updated: Feb-09-16 9:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Martin Brodeur tried to start his thank you speech only to be drowned out by the roaring crowd.
- Plaintiffs in NHL concussion case now count 105 ex-players Updated: Feb-05-16 2:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Long after the end of his NHL career, Steve Payne is living an empty-nest life with his wife and three dogs in western Wisconsin.
- NHL suspends Wideman 20 games for abuse of official Updated: Feb-04-16 2:43 am
NEW YORK - The NHL barred Calgary Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman 20 games on Wednesday for cross-checking a linesman last week, the second-longest suspension in NHL history for abusing an official.
- Nashville puts on good show for NHL All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Music City waited 18 years to host the NHL All-Star game.
- New hockey apps debut with help from baseball Updated: Jan-26-16 6:32 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball is debuting a new website and apps - for ice hockey.
- Correction: Jim Litke story Updated: Jan-23-16 11:47 am
In a story Jan. 21 about fan balloting for NHL All-Star game, The Associated Press erroneously reported that John Scott's current salary was $700,000 per year, adjusted downward if spent more time in the minor leagues. The correct figure is $575,000, whether he plays in NHL or AHL.
- NHL letting John Scott play in All-Star 3-on-3 tournament Updated: Jan-19-16 10:32 pm
NEW YORK - From Arizona to Newfoundland to Nashville, Tennessee, John Scott will be an NHL All-Star after all.
- NHL begins domestic violence and sexual assault training Updated: Jan-15-16 2:25 am
The NHL has joined other professional leagues in mandating domestic violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment training for all of its players.