- Column: NASCAR has long needed a driver council for feedback Updated: Jun-01-15 4:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It started last fall as a text message chain that included roughly 20 of NASCAR's top drivers. The purpose of that group chat was for the drivers to hash out where the current rules package was headed and attempt to gain a consensus on what was best for the competitors.
- Johnson makes history with 10th win at Dover Updated: May-31-15 10:23 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Jimmie Johnson took the congratulatory call from his boss, then flipped the phone for a selfie.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Marcus Smith: Dad happier than expected with Hall selection Updated: May-24-15 8:56 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Bruton Smith said reaching the NASCAR Hall of Fame was worth the wait.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- All-Star winner Hamlin confident in Charlotte double Updated: May-23-15 6:18 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin's not sure he could be more confident coming into the Coca-Cola 600 with how he has performed the past two weeks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Jeff Gordon to join Fox as full-time analyst in 2016 Updated: May-21-15 10:04 pm
Jeff Gordon will join Fox as a full-time analyst in 2016, teaming with Mike Joy and Darrell Waltrip in the three-man booth.
- Kenseth wins pole for NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 9:27 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Matt Kenseth is hoping history repeats itself Sunday night at the Coca-Cola 600.
- Logano: NASCAR can learn from IndyCar on safety crews Updated: May-21-15 6:40 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Joey Logano said NASCAR can learn something from the near-fatal accident involving IndyCar Series driver James Hinchcliffe this week and the importance of having a regular safety crew at each race.
- Johnson 'shocked' NASCAR questioned side skirt issue Updated: May-21-15 4:53 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Jimmie Johnson said Thursday he was "shocked" to learn NASCAR was looking into whether his No. 48 team illegally altered the car's side skirts during last weekend's All-Star race.
- Kevin Harvick on top heading to NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 4:24 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kevin Harvick is right where he usually is when the Coca-Cola 600 rolls around on the schedule: On top and seeking even more success.
- Denny Hamlin benefits from clean air to win $1 million race Updated: May-17-15 7:25 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin intently watched the qualifying event for NASCAR's annual All-Star race and noticed, as has been the case in recent years, the driver out front in the waning laps was almost certainly guaranteed the win.
- Hamlin gives Joe Gibbs first victory in NASCAR All-Star race Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin gave Joe Gibbs Racing its first victory in NASCAR's Sprint All-Star race by using clean air to hold off Kevin Harvick at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Ben Rhodes skipping commencement for NASCAR Xfinity debut Updated: May-15-15 4:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Ben Rhodes doesn't have time for his graduation ceremony. He is already poised to move on to the next phase of his racing career.
- Jimmie Johnson throws caution to wind at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-13-15 4:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The image Jimmie Johnson has cultivated over the years is of a clean-cut, corporate pitchman, almost the antithesis of the "good 'ol boy" drivers from NASCAR's colorful past.
- Column: NASCAR's All-Star race has been a dud of late Updated: May-11-15 6:36 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The lore of NASCAR's annual All-Star race has been building since 1987, when Dale Earnhardt's "pass in the grass" gave him the victory.
- Johnson stays on track during late caution, wins at Kansas Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane after his late-race gamble paid off to win the rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, then pulled out his cellphone and tried to dial his wife in the first few minutes of Mother's Day.
- Logano wins pole for Saturday night race at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-08-15 8:20 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Joey Logano will start at Kansas Speedway right where he left off.
- Newman remains focused after NASCAR upholds RCR penalties Updated: May-08-15 1:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Ryan Newman is confident his "B team" will deliver this weekend at Kansas Speedway after NASCAR upheld the penalties levied against Richard Childress Racing for manipulating his tires.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- NASCAR appeals officer upholds penalties against RCR Updated: May-06-15 7:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR's final appeals officer upheld penalties levied against Richard Childress Racing for intentionally manipulating Ryan Newman's tires in March.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004 Updated: May-03-15 8:03 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - There's something about Talladega Superspeedway - its ardent Earnhardt fans, the success his family has had at the track - that makes Dale Earnhardt Jr. feel a responsibility to put on a show.