- Seeking greater powers, Erdogan chairs Cabinet's 1st meeting Updated: May-25-16 8:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is presiding over the first meeting of Turkey's new Cabinet led by a trusted ally, in a clear sign that he intends to maintain influence on the running of government.
- International Modest Fashion Week takes off in Turkey Updated: May-13-16 12:43 pm
ISTANBUL - Spring colors, breezy fabrics, high necklines and long hemlines: The International Modest Fashion Week opened Friday in Istanbul as Turkey sought to be seen as a creative hotspot for conservative wear around the world.
- EU, Germany: Ball in Turkey's court on visa waiver issue Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BERLIN - Turkey and the European Union faced off Thursday over a proposed deal to let Turks travel to Europe without visas - a crucial carrot the bloc has been dangling in order to get Turkey to halt the torrent of migrants flowing from its shores to EU member Greece.
- The Latest: Erdogan seeks fast switch to presidential system Updated: May-06-16 9:15 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The Latest on developments in Turkey after the prime minister announced his resignation (all times local):
- Turkey eyes visa-free travel to Europe but hurdles remain Updated: May-05-16 3:58 pm
ISTANBUL - Visa-free travel to Europe may be finally within Turkey's grasp, but the remaining benchmarks it must meet by June are not easy hurdles to clear. Turkish leaders have explicitly warned the European Union that they will stop cooperating on the migrant crisis if the visa requirement isn't lifted.