- NATO orders warships into Aegean to help ease migrant crisis Updated: Feb-11-16 3:21 pm
BRUSSELS - In a dramatic response to Europe's gravest refugee crisis since World War II, NATO ordered three warships to sail immediately Thursday to the Aegean Sea to help end the deadly smuggling of asylum-seekers across the waters from Turkey to Greece.
- The Latest: Russia has held important talks with US on Syria Updated: Feb-10-16 4:03 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest developments on the war in Syria and the tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing violence (all times local):
- Turkish leaders lash out at UN demands to open border Updated: Feb-10-16 12:16 pm
KILIS, Turkey - Turkey's leaders lashed out Wednesday at the United Nations and others who are pressing the country to open its border to thousands more Syrian refugees, accusing them of failing to shoulder the refugee burden or stop the Russian bombings that have triggered the exodus.
- Displaced by fighting, Kurdish residents call for peace Updated: Feb-08-16 1:20 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Azize Calis is pleading for peace.
- UN rights chief: Turkey must probe shooting of civilians Updated: Feb-01-16 12:33 pm
GENEVA - The U.N. human rights chief called on Turkey on Monday to investigate the alleged shooting of unarmed people in southeastern Turkey that turned up in "extremely shocking" footage posted online last week.
- Biden: More support needed to repel IS from Turkish border Updated: Jan-23-16 1:07 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey and the United States agree on the need to ramp up support for Sunni Arab forces in Syria to cut off the Islamic State group's access to the Turkish border and to prevent future terror attacks, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday.
- Merkel and Davutoglu seek solutions to migrant crisis Updated: Jan-22-16 12:33 pm
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu pledged Friday to continue to work intensively together to solve Europe's migrant crisis - not only to stem the flow of people but to improve conditions in camps in Turkey and to try and bring about a peace deal in Syria.
- Iraqi PM wants Turkey to pull out troops Updated: Jan-22-16 10:23 am
DAVOS, Switzerland - Iraq's prime minister appealed Friday to Turkey to pull its troops out of Iraqi territory and instead provide training and equipment to fight the Islamic State group, which he and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry insisted is losing ground.