- Diamondbacks lose 5-3 to Miami after Peralta stuck by pitch Updated: Jul-23-15 2:19 am
PHOENIX - David Peralta saw the pitch heading toward his head and moved just enough to get hit on the right shoulder first.
- Fernandez's 11 Ks lead Marlins to 5-3 win over Dbacks Updated: Jul-23-15 2:10 am
PHOENIX - Jose Fernandez mixed his pitches well, putting together a strong fourth start since returning from Tommy John surgery.
- C Kyle Schwarber in Cubs lineup, back home at GABP Updated: Jul-20-15 7:15 pm
CINCINNATI - Catcher Kyle Schwarber was back home, batting second for the Chicago Cubs in the ballpark where he always dreamed of playing. It has been a good place for him so far.
- After jam with Eddie Vedder, Theo ponders rocking Cubs' boat Updated: Jul-15-15 2:25 pm
CHICAGO - Don't bother asking whether this is the year.
- Cubs shut down rival White Sox for 3-1 win Updated: Jul-12-15 6:27 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta is taking a few days off for the All-Star break. But on Sunday, it looked like he shouldn't be.
- Lester outpitched by Sale, Cubs lose 5-1 to White Sox Updated: Jul-11-15 9:20 pm
CHICAGO - Almost as soon as he stepped on the mound, Jon Lester fell into a hole. Once he settled down, he did not get the support he needed.
- Cubs C Montero leaves game vs White Sox with jammed thumb Updated: Jul-11-15 7:56 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs catcher Miguel Montero has left their game against the White Sox because of a jammed left thumb.
- Peralta hits 2-out, 2-run HR in 9th, Cardinals jolt Cubs 6-5 Updated: Jul-09-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Cardinals manager Mike Matheny enjoys when a team battles back after getting down. On Wednesday, he didn't see his team do that, but he heard it.
- Cardinals hold Wong out of DH nightcap after banging head Updated: Jul-07-15 7:56 pm
CHICAGO - The St. Louis Cardinals held second baseman Kolten Wong out of the lineup for the second game of a day-night doubleheader after he banged his head during the opener on Tuesday.
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.