- Mets get Cespedes at trade deadline Updated: Aug-01-15 10:57 am
NEW YORK - The Mets finally landed the bat they were looking for in Yoenis Cespedes just ahead of Friday's trade deadline, and Cole Hamels confirmed he blocked a trade to Houston before Philadelphia dealt its ace to Texas.
- Column: Baseball plays parity game as well as any sport Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 am
The Houston Astros are loading up for a pennant race.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push Updated: Jul-31-15 12:10 pm
- Blue Jays land Price in Toronto's 2nd big trade of week Updated: Jul-30-15 7:26 pm
DETROIT - Toronto acquired All-Star left-hander David Price from the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, the second major move in less than a week by the Blue Jays as they chase their first postseason appearance since 1993.
- Phillies can't touch Dickey in 8-2 loss to Jays Updated: Jul-29-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Philadelphia Phillies couldn't contain Troy Tulowitzki's bat, and couldn't touch R.A Dickey's knuckleball.
- Tulowitzki homers and has 3 hits, Jays beat Phillies 8-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 9:59 pm
TORONTO - Troy Tulowitzki homered and had three hits in his Blue Jays debut as Toronto beat the Philadelphia Phillies 8-2 on Wednesday night.
- Lester strikes out 14 to lead Cubs over Rockies 3-2 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester said he wasn't counting his K's, but he sure dominated like a big-time, big-money starter.
- Troy Tulowitzki still shocked by trade to Toronto Updated: Jul-29-15 4:00 pm
TORONTO - Troy Tulowitzki was "blindsided" to learn he'd been traded to Toronto after 10 seasons with the Colorado Rockies, and said his life has felt "crazy" ever since.
- Jose Reyes makes Rockies debut against Cubs Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 pm
- Beeler struggles after call-up in Cubs' 7-2 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Uncertainly on the back end of their starting rotation has been a problem for the Chicago Cubs. Dallas Beeler showed he's not the solution.
- Bautista, Travis hurt as Blue Jays lose to Phillies 3-2 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:21 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays lost another close game and watched two players leave with injuries Tuesday night.
- With Troy Tulowitzki traded, could Carlos Gonzalez be next? Updated: Jul-28-15 9:44 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki is gone. Carlos Gonzalez might be next. Maybe even just-acquired Jose Reyes.
- Rockies call up 2 relievers, shortstop to round out roster Updated: Jul-28-15 8:56 pm
- Rockies, Blue Jays swap star shortstops Updated: Jul-28-15 12:38 pm
- Rockies hit 5 homers, power way to 17-7 win over Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:15 pm
DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez's bat is officially scorching. His demand may be heating up, too, as the trade deadline draws closer.
- Rangers rally from 7 runs down but lose in 9th Updated: Jul-21-15 2:04 am
DENVER - The Texas Rangers rallied from seven runs down to tie it. Then they lost the game in agonizing fashion.
- Barmes, Hedges homer to give Padres 5-4 win over Rockies Updated: Jul-19-15 12:38 am
SAN DIEGO - With a runner on first and no outs in the seventh inning of a tie game, Clint Barmes walked to the plate expecting to get the bunt sign.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Tulowitzki homers as Rockies sweep Braves, 11-3. Updated: Jul-12-15 8:39 pm
DENVER - Troy Tulowitzki showed why he is headed to another All-Star Game.
- Marlins' Dee Gordon might avoid DL despite dislocated thumb Updated: Jul-12-15 5:24 pm
MIAMI - Marlins All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon may be able to avoid the disabled list despite dislocating his left thumb.
- Kershaw, Santiago join All-Stars, replacing Scherzer, Gray Updated: Jul-12-15 4:30 pm
CINCINNATI - With several All-Stars pitching Sunday and other players nursing injuries, the rosters for the Mid-Summer Classic went through some changes before Tuesday's game in Cincinnati.
- Tulowitzki replaces Gordon on NL All-Star team Updated: Jul-11-15 10:52 pm
DENVER - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki learned Saturday he was heading to the All-Star Game again as an injury replacement.
- Braves reliever Jason Grilli suffers leg injury Updated: Jul-11-15 9:33 pm
DENVER - It began as a scramble from the mound toward first to cover the bag, something Jason Grilli has done countless times in his career. This one, though, ended with a bad step and Grilli crumpled on the ground in agony.
- Royals' Moustakas, Cardinals' Martinez win final fan vote Updated: Jul-10-15 8:48 pm
NEW YORK - Kansas City Royals third baseman Mike Moustakas and St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez are going to the All-Star Game as winners of the final fan vote.