- Mets' 7-game winning ends, Red Sox win 6-4 in 10 innings Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 am
NEW YORK - If this had been a playoff game, New York Mets manger Terry Collins would have let Matt Harvey pitch one more inning. But it wasn't, so he took his ace out after the sixth.
- Swihart hits inside-the-park HR in 10th, Bosox end Mets' run Updated: Aug-29-15 12:41 am
NEW YORK - Boston Red Sox rookie catcher Blake Swihart will tell you that he's never hit an inside-the-park home run, even if the record books now reflect the contrary.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Ortiz hits 2 homers but Red Sox lose to Marlins 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 9:06 pm
MIAMI - David Ortiz hit two homers Wednesday for the Boston Red Sox, but it wasn't nearly enough.
- Realmuto drives in 6 runs to help Marlins beat Red Sox 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:53 pm
MIAMI - As J.T. Realmuto walked back to the dugout in the eighth inning after whiffing wildly at a 3-2 pitch, he could afford to laugh.
- Bradley powers Red Sox over Tigers 7-2 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:56 pm
DETROIT - Jackie Bradley Jr. showed off his considerable promise in one big afternoon for the Boston Red Sox.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:05 pm
BOSTON - James Loney knows it always feels better having a lucky hit at the right time.
- Red Sox rock Sale, win 8-2 to snap White Sox streak Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 pm
BOSTON - Steven Wright and the slumping Red Sox looked like a long shot against Chris Sale and the surging White Sox on Thursday night.