- Ortiz homers in return but Red Sox lose 8-2 to Indians Updated: Oct-03-15 1:22 am
CLEVELAND - The wind was blowing in hard as Northeast Ohio felt the effects of Hurricane Joaquin. It made no difference to David Ortiz, whose two-run homer rocketed through the strong gusts.
- Tomlin pitches into 7th as Indians beat Red Sox 8-2 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 pm
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Prime ministers from New Zealand, Curacao at Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - Be it a president, king or emir, there's plenty that world leaders in town for the United Nations General Assembly can enjoy in their spare time.
- Around majors, Harper-Papelbon fight viewed with shrugs Updated: Sep-28-15 9:58 pm
The dugout skirmish between the Washington Nationals' Bryce Harper and Jonathan Papelbon elicited a common reaction around the majors Monday: Yes, these kinds of scraps take place. Not always in front of TV cameras, perhaps, but teammates do get into fights with each other.
- Lucchino to become president and CEO emeritus of Red Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 2:35 pm
BOSTON - Larry Lucchino will become president and chief executive officer emeritus of the Boston Red Sox when he steps down next month.
- Boston's Big Papi reflects on strong year despite team woes Updated: Sep-27-15 12:27 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz heard the chatter early in the year, questioning what he had left, and responded with another strong season.
- Longoria's HR, Ramirez's pitching help Rays beat Red Sox 4-2 Updated: Sep-24-15 10:48 pm
BOSTON - Evan Longoria's 20th home run put him in exclusive company.
- Red Sox honor David Ortiz for 500th HR Updated: Sep-21-15 7:45 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have honored David Ortiz in his first game in Fenway Park since he joined the 500 home run club.
- AL East-leading Blue Jays lose grip, last-place Bosox win Updated: Sep-20-15 6:21 pm
- Pedroia hits 2 HRs as Red Sox rout Orioles 10-1 Updated: Sep-16-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - On a night when the old guard of the Boston Red Sox provided the offensive firepower, a rookie pitcher offered a hopeful glimpse of the future.
- Castillo has key hit in 13th, Red Sox beat Rays 2-0 Updated: Sep-13-15 6:28 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rusney Castillo made sure Rich Hill's comeback start ended in a victory.
- Ortiz hits HR No. 498; Red Sox crush Blue Jays 10-4 Updated: Sep-09-15 10:53 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz hit his 498th career home run, a three-run shot to cap a four-run third inning, and the Boston Red Sox beat AL East-leading Toronto 10-4 on Wednesday night, sending the Blue Jays to just their second series loss since late July.