- Rays could have used Jepsen in 7-5 loss to Boston Updated: Jul-31-15 11:41 pm
BOSTON - On the day reliever Kevin Jepsen was traded to Minnesota for a pair of prospects, the Tampa Bay Rays' middle relief faltered.
- Napoli home run helps Red Sox beat Rays 7-5 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - No wonder Mike Napoli wanted to stay with the Red Sox: That home run he hit off the top of the Green Monster would not have been out of any ballpark but Boston's.
- Red Sox rock Sale, win 8-2 to snap White Sox streak Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 pm
BOSTON - Steven Wright and the slumping Red Sox looked like a long shot against Chris Sale and the surging White Sox on Thursday night.
- Red Sox retire Pedro Martinez's No. 45 Updated: Jul-28-15 10:48 pm
BOSTON - The script called for Jason Varitek to remain in the dugout until it was time for the ceremonial first pitch.
- Ortiz has 2 HRs, career-high 7 RBIs as Red Sox rout Tigers Updated: Jul-27-15 12:39 am
BOSTON - David Ortiz was touched by watching the Hall of Fame induction speeches. He then went out and added another big night to his illustrious career.
- Altuve's walkoff homer lifts Astros over Boston 5-4 Updated: Jul-24-15 12:53 am
HOUSTON - The 5-foot-6, 165-pound Jose Altuve certainly isn't known for his power.
- Pujols blasts 3 HRs as Angels beat Sox 11-1, 7-3 in DHer Updated: Jul-21-15 2:02 am
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols doesn't much care for celebrations outside of October, he smiled and stood still when Mike Trout and Erick Aybar ran up and doused him with two postgame buckets of ice and liquid.
- Angels rained out at home for 1st time since 1995 Updated: Jul-19-15 11:52 pm
ANAHEIM, California - After 20 years and 1,609 consecutive home games, the Los Angeles Angels finally lost another game to rain.
- Red Sox slugger David Ortiz promoting Boston's Olympics bid Updated: Jul-15-15 3:12 pm
BOSTON - Big Papi is going to bat for Boston's Olympics bid.
- A-Rod breaks top 25 in hits, leads Yankees past Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Jul-12-15 6:42 pm
BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez had hit No. 3,020 to move into the top 25 on baseball's all-time list.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz out of lineup with illness Updated: Jul-12-15 1:09 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is out of Sunday's lineup against the New York Yankees because of an upper respiratory illness.
- Marlins' sloppy play leads to 6-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Jul-08-15 11:21 pm
BOSTON - Miami pitchers' control problems came on the throw to first.
- Porcello ends 7-game skid; Red Sox beat Marlins 6-3 Updated: Jul-08-15 11:06 pm
BOSTON - Rick Porcello could finally feel good about a start.
- Ramirez's 2-run HR lifts Red Sox over Astros 5-4 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:56 pm
BOSTON - Hanley Ramirez handed the Boston Red Sox another well-timed win.
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base Updated: Jul-05-15 1:41 pm
BOSTON - David Ortiz will be using his glove to start a game in Fenway Park for the first time in nearly 10 years.
- Red Sox use 8-run first to beat Jays 12-6 Updated: Jul-02-15 11:59 pm
TORONTO - Wade Miley warmed up in the bullpen, then he waited nearly half an hour to take the mound for the bottom of the first inning.