- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Ortiz passes Gehrig on HR chart, Red Sox lose 5-4 to Mets Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz got a good, close-up look at the New York Mets' young rotation this weekend and was impressed.
- Cuddyer, Mets avert 3-game sweep at home, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - With every swing, a healthy Michael Cuddyer is becoming a major player for the New York Mets.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Realmuto drives in 6 runs to help Marlins beat Red Sox 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:53 pm
MIAMI - As J.T. Realmuto walked back to the dugout in the eighth inning after whiffing wildly at a 3-2 pitch, he could afford to laugh.
- Bradley powers Red Sox over Tigers 7-2 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:56 pm
DETROIT - Jackie Bradley Jr. showed off his considerable promise in one big afternoon for the Boston Red Sox.
- Ellsbury, Sabathia lead Yankees to 2-1 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-06-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Sweat was streaming down CC Sabathia's face to the point where he said he couldn't see. He stomped around the mound, shouted and swore encouragement to himself.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:05 pm
BOSTON - James Loney knows it always feels better having a lucky hit at the right time.