- Dems demand gun votes, loudly, in 2-minute House session Updated: Jun-28-16 7:27 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democrats continued their disruptive demands for votes on gun control Tuesday, though this time the commotion lasted less than two minutes.
- After Orlando, slight cracks in gun-rights' grip on Congress Updated: Jun-24-16 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - How has the Orlando shooting slaughter affected the politics of gun control in Congress? A bipartisan House measure barring firearms sales to some suspected terrorists nicely captures the mix of new and familiar forces in play.
- The Latest: Democrats say gun protest succeeded Updated: Jun-23-16 5:06 am
WASHINGTON - 4:15 a.m.
- Guns re-emerge as issue in tight Ayotte, Hassan race Updated: Jun-22-16 9:03 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - After the Florida gay nightclub shooting that left 49 people dead, guns are once again emerging as an issue in New Hampshire's U.S. Senate race between Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Senate Dem leader Reid now backs proposed gun compromise Updated: Jun-22-16 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is now backing a compromise gun control bill by a moderate Republican senator that's supported by a handful of lawmakers from both parties.
- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- The Latest: Senate blocks bills on guns, terror suspects Updated: Jun-20-16 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Senate votes on gun control legislation (all times Eastern):
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Gun views fractious even as fewer bear arms Updated: Jun-19-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - Wherever you look in this nation born of a bloody revolution of musket fire, chances are there's sharp disagreement over firearms.
- 2nd Zumwalt-class destroyer christened in honor of Navy SEAL Updated: Jun-18-16 2:37 pm
BATH, Maine - The mother of a fallen Navy SEAL christened the second Zumwalt-class guided missile destroyer Saturday in honor of her son, who died in Iraq when he threw himself on an insurgent's grenade to save the lives of two fellow SEALS.
- Congress stalemated on guns despite shooting, filibuster Updated: Jun-16-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The slaughter in Florida and an attention-grabbing filibuster in the Senate did little to break the election-year stalemate in Congress over guns Thursday, with both sides unwilling to budge and Republicans standing firm against any new legislation opposed by the National Rifle Association.
- Retired pastor released from Spanish prison after drug scam Updated: Jun-14-16 12:42 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A retired Maine pastor who fell victim to an international drug smuggling scam has been released from a Spanish prison and is back on U.S. soil, Sen. Susan Collins announced Tuesday.
- Sen. Collins takes Trump to task over judge comments Updated: Jun-07-16 12:51 am
WASHINGTON - Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine is taking GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump to task for his remarks about a federal judge.