- New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz Updated: Sep-30-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is boldly taking on a role most of her fellow Republicans have been unwilling to bear: public foil to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Maine lobster on menu at White House state dinner Updated: Sep-25-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Maine lobster is on the menu when President Barack Obama welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping at a White House state dinner.
- Senate blocks anti-abortion bill; new showdown set Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats thwarted a Republican effort to ban late-term abortions on Tuesday as GOP leaders strained to avoid a government shutdown in eight days over the dispute - all against a tangled backdrop of presidential politics.
- Catholic lawmakers thrilled by upcoming visit of Francis Updated: Sep-21-15 4:23 am
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner has been trying for 20 years to get a pope to come talk to Congress, and now it's finally happening.
- 3 northern New England senators lead conservation effort Updated: Sep-19-15 9:03 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three northern New England senators are among the leaders in an effort to push for continued support of the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Bath Iron Works turns to Gephardt to heal labor wounds Updated: Sep-14-15 5:48 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Bath Iron Works has hired a firm led by former U.S. Rep. Dick Gephardt to improve labor relations as the shipyard and its 5,000-plus workers prepare for a stretch that includes a bidding for a Coast Guard contract and shoring up support for Navy contracts, officials said Monday.
- Maine veteran who died in Vietnam 50 years ago buried Updated: Sep-14-15 5:12 pm
RANGELEY, Maine - Residents and officials in a Maine town are honoring a Navy Reserve veteran who was killed in Vietnam 50 years ago.
- Maine getting $2.25 million in federal funds to fight drugs Updated: Sep-13-15 12:20 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The federal Office of National Drug Control Policy is awarding $2.25 million in grants to Maine health groups and government entities to help prevent youth drug abuse.
- Lawmakers ask for job training for Maine mill workers Updated: Sep-11-15 1:50 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's congressional delegation has asked officials for help training workers at a Jay mill who are scheduled to be laid off this fall.