- Some in GOP fed up with Maine's bombastic governor Updated: Jun-27-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage's bombastic leadership style long ago alienated Democrats. Now even some in his own party are fed up, saying his high-profile antics have squandered his political capital.
- Maine gets $15M for housing in low-income communities Updated: Jun-27-15 2:11 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine is getting $15 million from the federal government to develop housing in low-income communities and improve emergency shelters for homeless individuals and their families.
- Agency chief: Contractor's credential used to breach system Updated: Jun-23-15 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of the government agency that suffered two massive cyberattacks said Tuesday that a hacker gained access to its records with a credential used by a federal contractor.
- Senator probes retailers on dubious 'brain' supplements Updated: Jun-17-15 4:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A high-ranking Senate Democrat is probing retailers and online companies about sales of dubious dietary supplements, especially those promising seniors protection from memory loss, dementia and other age-related problems.
- Republican senator sees US embassy in Havana coming soon Updated: Jun-13-15 8:11 pm
HAVANA - The opening of a U.S. embassy in Cuba for the first in 54 years is "imminent," a U.S. senator said Saturday as he and two other Republicans finished a short visit to Cuba said.
- Senate committee approves funding for another BIW warship Updated: Jun-11-15 6:56 pm
- $500k grant will boost pre-release job services for inmates Updated: Jun-06-15 3:24 pm
BRUNSWICK, Maine - A Maine nonprofit organization has been awarded a $500,000 federal grant to strengthen programs for Maine inmates to prepare them to return work after they are released.
- Collins, HUD secretary to visit youth shelter in Maine Updated: Jun-05-15 5:09 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins said during a visit to a youth homeless shelter with Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro that it's refreshing to hear directly from program participants after spending so much time in Washington poring over budget numbers and statistics.