- Trump running mate? Not so fast, says Sen. Susan Collins Updated: May-03-16 9:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins said she's amused to find herself thrust into the discussion of potential running mates for Donald Trump.
- Bath Iron Works to build newest version of Burke destroyer Updated: May-02-16 10:53 am
BATH, Maine - The first destroyer with the capability of shooting down ballistic missiles and conventional airborne threats at the same time will be built at Bath Iron Works, officials say.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Maine to receive more than $900K for conservation projects Updated: Apr-24-16 9:59 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine will receive more than $900,000 from the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund to support conservation projects around the state.
- The Latest: Maine GOP elects Cruz-heavy slate of delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 9:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The Latest on the Maine GOP convention (all times local):
- FEMA giving $31K to Portland Fire Department Updated: Apr-23-16 8:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is giving the fire department in Maine's largest city a grant of more than $31,000 through the Assistant to Firefighters Grant Program.
- Trump, Cruz supporters at odds over Maine GOP delegates Updated: Apr-22-16 10:03 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Supporters of presidential candidates Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz clashed Friday over the apportionment of Maine delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer.
- Senate energy bill offers help to biomass industry Updated: Apr-20-16 3:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The struggling biomass industry could benefit from legislation moving through Congress.
- Five Maine airports to split $1.7M in federal grant money Updated: Apr-14-16 7:23 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Five airports in Maine will split $1.7 million in federal grant money earmarked for the improvement of operations at each.
- Valeant CEO agrees to be deposed in Senate drug price probe Updated: Apr-13-16 12:55 pm
The chief executive of embattled Valeant Pharmaceuticals, J. Michael Pearson, has agreed to be deposed by a Senate committee investigating the causes of soaring prescription medicine prices.
- Independent Sen. Angus King to meet with Merrick Garland Updated: Apr-11-16 1:04 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Independent Sen. Angus King of Maine will meet this week with President Barack Obama's nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Nonprofit focuses on keeping Alzheimer's sufferers home Updated: Apr-10-16 11:15 am
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis nonprofit is helping people with Alzheimer's disease stay in their homes longer, which its founder says benefits patients while saving taxpayers money that would otherwise go toward paying for nursing home care.
- Boozman meets with Garland, still opposed to hearings Updated: Apr-05-16 5:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican Sen. John Boozman met Tuesday with President Barack Obama's nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court but said the visit didn't change his opposition to filling the high court vacancy this year.