- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Idea to create national park concerns Maine delegation Updated: Nov-23-15 6:21 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Three members of Maine's congressional delegation told President Barack Obama they have serious reservations about a proposal to have more than 100,000 acres of Maine's northern woods designated a national monument.
- UMaine's ocean simulator to carry Alfond name Updated: Nov-23-15 3:00 pm
ORONO, Maine - The University of Maine's new ocean engineering laboratory was formally dedicated Monday and will bear the name of the late philanthropist Harold Alfond.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Nov-23-15 1:59 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Nov. 19
- Former Maine congressman approved for administration post Updated: Nov-20-15 9:48 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate has approved a former Maine congressman for an administration post to help veterans seeking training and jobs.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-18-15 12:22 am
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from nearly two dozen states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- EPA intends tougher downwind air-pollution rule in 23 states Updated: Nov-17-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency proposed tougher new limits on Tuesday on smokestack emissions from Texas and 22 other states that burden downwind areas with air pollution from power plants they can't control.
- UMaine-led offshore wind project gets $3.7M boost Updated: Nov-16-15 12:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Energy is awarding another $3.7 million to a University of Maine-led offshore wind power pilot project, a sign of confidence in the project, officials said Monday.
- Maine senators say SEC should keep paper mutual fund reports Updated: Nov-15-15 8:30 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's senators are calling on the federal Securities and Exchange Commission to reconsider a proposed rule they say would hurt residents by eliminating a requirement that mutual fund information be delivered to investors in paper form.
- National Park supporters to deliver petitions to lawmakers Updated: Nov-10-15 10:10 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Supporters of a North Woods National park funded by a founder of Burt's Bees are delivering a petition signed by more than 13,000 people to Maine's congressional delegation, they said Tuesday.
- National Guard 133rd Engineer Battalion won't leave Maine Updated: Nov-06-15 3:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Plans to convert the 133rd Engineer Battalion into an infantry battalion have been scrapped, the adjutant general of the Maine National Guard said Friday.
- Senate panel summons price-hiking CEO of Turing Pharma Updated: Nov-04-15 4:19 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate committee has launched an investigation into exorbitant drug price hikes by Turing Pharmaceuticals and three other companies, responding to public anxiety over rising prices for critical medicines.
- Groups get federal money to rehab low-income Maine housing Updated: Nov-04-15 5:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Two Maine groups will receive federal Housing Preservation Grants to help with low-income housing rehabilitation projects in five counties.