- Congressional committee to hold hearing on proposed monument Updated: May-19-16 2:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A congressional committee will hold a public hearing in Maine over a proposal to create a national monument in the state's Katahdin region.
- NSF gives Bigelow more than $1M for microorganism study Updated: May-19-16 12:23 am
EAST BOOTHBAY, Maine - The National Science Foundation is giving Maine's Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences more than $1 million for a project about microorganisms and the chemical composition of the Southern Ocean.
- Renewable energy grants to Portland, College of the Atlantic Updated: May-15-16 1:25 pm
BAR HARBOR, Maine - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is giving more than $160,000 to the Greater Portland Council of Governments and to the College of the Atlantic to develop renewable energy.
- Mitchell, Collins, speak at Maine commencement ceremonies Updated: May-14-16 2:20 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins used a law school commencement address Saturday to decry the politicization of the U.S. Supreme Court while peace negotiator and former Senate leader George Mitchell challenged University of Southern Maine graduates to speak out against discrimination and injustice.
- Collins warns against politicizing US Supreme Court Updated: May-14-16 10:15 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Republican U.S. Sen. Susan Collins of Maine is using a law school commencement address to decry the politicization of the U.S. Supreme Court and its nominating process.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.
- $15M slated for Maine company to bolster Navy facilities Updated: May-05-16 12:15 am
KITTERY, Maine - A Biddeford company will get $15 million from the U.S. Navy for projects at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and other New England naval facilities.
- Trump running mate? Not so fast, says Sen. Susan Collins Updated: May-03-16 9:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Susan Collins said she's amused to find herself thrust into the discussion of potential running mates for Donald Trump.
- Bath Iron Works to build newest version of Burke destroyer Updated: May-02-16 10:53 am
BATH, Maine - The first destroyer with the capability of shooting down ballistic missiles and conventional airborne threats at the same time will be built at Bath Iron Works, officials say.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Maine to receive more than $900K for conservation projects Updated: Apr-24-16 9:59 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine will receive more than $900,000 from the federal Land and Water Conservation Fund to support conservation projects around the state.