- Congress sends NSA phone-records bill to president Updated: Jun-02-15 9:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress approved sweeping changes Tuesday to surveillance laws enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks, eliminating the National Security Agency's disputed bulk phone-records collection program and replacing it with a more restrictive measure to keep the records in phone companies' hands.
- House GOP moves to punish State Dept. over Benghazi delays Updated: Jun-02-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Following through on a threat, House Republicans on Tuesday proposed cutting the State Department's budget to protest its slow response in producing documents related to the investigation of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
- House GOP leader: Premature for House to investigate Hastert Updated: Jun-01-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - It would be premature for the House to probe whether former Speaker Dennis Hastert committed any wrongdoing while still in office, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Monday.
- Hastert rose to speakership among the scandals of others Updated: May-29-15 7:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Dennis Hastert's career as House speaker both arose and ended amid the sex-related scandals of others.
- GOP conservatives confident they can kill Ex-Im Bank Updated: May-19-15 1:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Conservatives dominating the GOP-controlled House said Tuesday that they are increasingly confident of killing a little-known federal agency that subsidizes overseas purchases of U.S. exports.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.