- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Updated: Apr-30-16 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Aleksander Barkov, Boston's Loui Eriksson and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for Lady Byng Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-28-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Anaheim's Ryan Kesler and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Winnipeg Jets rally from 3 goals down to stun LA Kings 4-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 1:58 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings had a 3-0 lead late in the second period and a boisterous home crowd eager to celebrate the second division title in franchise history.
- Carter scores in OT, Kings beat Flames 5-4 Updated: Apr-06-16 1:50 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Jeff Carter took a bit of a gamble and it paid off for the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night.