- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-29-15 9:09 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Give Carson Palmer some style points for punctuating the Cardinals' latest win, however silly it looked when he tumbled over after spiking the ball.
- 49ers beat themselves with 13 penalties, fall to Cardinals Updated: Nov-29-15 9:07 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Quinton Dial believed he was making a legal play when he came straight at Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer and clobbered him.
- 49ers not worried about Mathieu's comments Updated: Nov-27-15 8:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu made waves this week with comments about San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and new starter Blaine Gabbert.
- Rookie 49ers QB Dylan Thompson prepares in case he's needed Updated: Nov-25-15 4:22 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dylan Thompson has spent the majority of his rookie season as the scout team quarterback, posing as Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson in practice to prepare the starting defense.
- Rudock has rewarded Harbaugh's faith in him at Michigan Updated: Nov-23-15 6:45 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jake Rudock was scanning the country earlier this year, looking for a place to play while taking steps toward his goal of being a pediatric heart specialist.
- Tomsula surprised by 49ers' tentative play in latest loss Updated: Nov-23-15 5:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula studied the film from the 49ers' lopsided loss to the rival Seattle Seahawks and saw a tentative team, one trying not to make mistakes.
- 49ers GM says Kaepernick surgery was mutual decision Updated: Nov-22-15 2:35 pm
SEATTLE - The decision for San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick to have season-ending surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder was a mutual decision between the quarterback and the team, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said Sunday.
- Carlos Hyde out; Shaun Draughn to start in Seattle Updated: Nov-20-15 7:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco running back Carlos Hyde will miss his third game with a stress fracture in his left foot, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula said Friday, days after suggesting he might be available.
- 49ers defenders Bowman, Williams return to Seattle at last Updated: Nov-19-15 5:45 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Ian Williams passed NaVorro Bowman in the locker room earlier this week and reminded his teammate they would be returning to Seattle's home field and the scene of major injuries from the 2013 season that temporarily derailed their careers.
- Teams finding ways to win without stellar QB play Updated: Nov-19-15 4:46 pm
You don't have to be the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens to win games without an elite quarterback.
- Chiefs' Smith on verge of record for errorless pass attempts Updated: Nov-19-15 1:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Just try to ask Chiefs coach Andy Reid about the remarkable streak of passes that Alex Smith has thrown this season without an interception.
- Gabbert provides 49ers' offense new look against Seahawks Updated: Nov-18-15 6:27 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Having not won in Seattle's CenturyLink Field since 2011, the San Francisco 49ers are hoping a change at quarterback can spark their struggling offense against the Seahawks.
- Column: Rebuild a daunting task for Braves, Lakers, others Updated: Nov-13-15 7:44 pm
ATLANTA - Two years ago, the Atlanta Braves won 96 games and a division championship.
- From Romo to Welker, plenty of players to watch in the NFL Updated: Nov-11-15 3:08 am
Tony Romo is coming back, even if it's too late to save the Dallas Cowboys' season.
- Cam has Carolina bound for Cali for Super Bowl 50 Updated: Nov-10-15 3:30 am
Superman is going to the Super Bowl.
- Arizona in control but Seattle will have chance to catch up Updated: Nov-10-15 3:14 am
- 49ers Tomsula names Gabbert starting QB to face Seattle Updated: Nov-09-15 10:19 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As expected, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Tomsula is sticking with Blaine Gabbert as the starting quarterback after the bye week.
- Promoted backup QB Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-09-15 2:51 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula's team had just pulled off a hard-to-come-by victory against a contender and still found himself noncommittal about his starting quarterback for the next game.
- Promoted backup Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-08-15 11:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Blaine Gabbert led the San Francisco 49ers to a rare win, then left Levi's Stadium unsure if he has earned himself another start.
- Latest from the NFL: Steelers QB Roethlisberger hurts a leg Updated: Nov-08-15 4:17 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the ninth Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Packers' defense looks to get back in shape against run Updated: Nov-05-15 6:21 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Clay Matthews' sore left ankle is feeling better.
- 49ers make QB change from Kaepernick to Gabbert Updated: Nov-05-15 3:16 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Three years after Colin Kaepernick led the San Francisco 49ers on a Super Bowl run, coach Jim Tomsula decided his struggling quarterback needed a break and his dormant offense needed a change.
- Falcons could have new-look secondary against 49ers Updated: Nov-04-15 3:43 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons could have as many as three new starters in their secondary against San Francisco on Sunday, perhaps lessening the defense's ability to take advantage of major changes on the 49ers' offense.
- Agent: 49ers adding running back Pierre Thomas to fill void Updated: Nov-03-15 5:11 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers signed running back Pierre Thomas on Tuesday to bolster the position given a rash of recent injuries, adding to a wild two days of change for the once-proud franchise that included the benching of struggling quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
- Behind Gurley's rushing, stout defense, Rams beat 49ers 27-6 Updated: Nov-02-15 4:15 am
ST. LOUIS - Don't look now but the St. Louis Rams have found a winning combination.