- The Latest: Trump says Indiana win means 'it's over' Updated: May-02-16 8:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential race on the eve of Indiana's primary (all times EDT):
- Indiana primary draws record early voting with top races Updated: May-02-16 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana voters cast record numbers of ballots ahead of a Tuesday primary that has put the state in the national spotlight because of spirited Republican and Democratic presidential races.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- Cruz fights for survival as Trump eyes Indiana knockout Updated: May-02-16 4:20 pm
OSCEOLA, Indiana - Ted Cruz's conservative crusade for the presidency fought for new life Monday ahead of an Indiana vote that could effectively end the GOP's primary season. The fiery Texas senator hinted at an exit strategy, even as he vowed to compete to the end against surging Republican front-runner Donald Trump.
- GOP Senate candidates make pitches at state convention Updated: May-01-16 7:08 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Republican candidates for U.S. Senate made cameo appearances Sunday before a sparse crowd at a state party convention, underscoring the scant public attention the contest has generated in a state dominated by Democrats.
- Poll: Clinton has big lead over Trump in Minnesota Updated: May-01-16 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A new statewide poll conducted for the Star Tribune finds Democrat Hillary Clinton holding a big lead over Republican Donald Trump among Minnesota voters.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- Kasich PAC's web ads target delegates with vision of victory Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A super PAC backing Ohio Gov. John Kasich took its case for his presidential nomination directly to delegates this week in an unusual web ad.
- Ohio Republicans meeting for reorganization, convention Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Republicans are gathering in the Columbus area for a state party organizational session and a meeting of their delegation to this summer's national convention in Cleveland.
- Kasich, Cruz to get some delegates despite Trump landslide Updated: Apr-28-16 10:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island gave GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump his biggest majority of any state primary this year, but it's awarding a consolation prize that's a significant gain for Ohio Gov. John Kasich.
- Sanders, Kasich visit Oregon as presidential hopes slip Updated: Apr-28-16 10:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Republican John Kasich and Democrat Bernie Sanders rolled through Oregon on Thursday, hoping to keep their ailing campaigns alive with rallies the state rarely sees from presidential hopefuls ahead of its mid-spring primary.
- The Latest: Rhode Island GOP holds off finalizing delegates Updated: Apr-28-16 10:12 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Rhode Island's GOP delegate selection (all times local):
- Kasich says he's not ready to quit Updated: Apr-28-16 7:27 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - GOP presidential contender John Kasich says he's not ready to give up despite businessman Donald Trump's huge primary wins this week and the Ohio governor's vastly diminished chances.
- 8 advance to interviews for Ohio's schools superintendent Updated: Apr-28-16 4:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Superintendents, consultants, academics, administrators and former education advisers to governors are among eight contenders chosen Thursday to advance to the interview stage in the search for a new leader for Ohio's public schools.
- Early turnout for Indiana primaries highest in 2 decades Updated: Apr-28-16 4:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - More Indiana residents have cast their votes early for the state's primary election than any of the previous nomination contests during the same time period in at least two decades.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.