- Ohio school board members seek education department review Updated: Aug-04-15 1:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Several state school board members are calling for an independent investigation of the Ohio Department of Education and state superintendent amid concerns about the handling of charter school evaluations and the creation of a Youngstown schools plan.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Ferguson spurs 40 new state measures; activists want more Updated: Aug-02-15 10:47 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - When a white Ferguson policeman fatally shot a black 18-year-old nearly a year ago, the St. Louis suburb erupted in violent protests and the nation took notice. Since then, legislators in almost every state have proposed changes to the way police interact with the public.
- Christie, others turn to McCain's town hall playbook in 2016 Updated: Aug-01-15 3:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - In the summer of 1999, John McCain didn't have many big names backing his campaign for president. He didn't have much money, either, and even resorted at one point to giving away ice cream to drum up a decent-size crowd.
- Ohio State Fair breaks opening day attendance record Updated: Jul-31-15 3:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio State Fair had a record-breaking opening day.
- Kasich is 5th candidate who plans to attend Michigan event Updated: Jul-30-15 4:07 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is scheduled to speak at a Republican gathering in Michigan in September.
- Presidential hopeful Kasich says running Ohio still priority Updated: Jul-29-15 4:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said running the state remains his top priority even as he campaigns elsewhere for the Republican presidential nomination.
- CAPITOL HILL BUZZ: Boehner says golf with Obama is a game Updated: Jul-29-15 1:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Speaker John Boehner has a message for everyone wondering what happens when he plays golf with President Barack Obama: It's just a game.
- Armed citizens guard recruiters after Tennessee shootings Updated: Jul-22-15 5:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gun-toting citizens are showing up at military recruiting centers around the country, saying they plan to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Top adviser says Walker running as a 'uniter' Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's top adviser said Tuesday that the Republican governor who survived an attempt to recall him from office is running for president as someone who can bring together a polarized electorate.
- GOP's Rubio cancels New Hampshire visit due to illness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has canceled a two-day campaign swing in New Hampshire due to illness.
- A look at the numbers around Ohio's Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-19-15 11:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio is among a dozen states where enrollment has exceeded projections in the expansion of Medicaid under President Barack Obama's health care law.
- Presidential hopefuls to skip governors meeting in W.Va. Updated: Jul-17-15 2:04 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The four Republican governors eyeing the presidency in 2016 won't be on hand for a national governors meeting next week in West Virginia.
- Pro-Bush group with almost $100 million to echo candidate Updated: Jul-10-15 5:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Flush with almost $100 million, a super PAC supporting Republican Jeb Bush's presidential ambitions is plowing ahead on a parallel campaign, promising to use its immense resources in a way that is untested but could revolutionize presidential politics.
- Overflowing GOP presidential field has Fox News in demand Updated: Jul-09-15 8:17 am
WASHINGTON - It's the stuff of Republican nightmares: Fox News runs out of advertising time.