- Gov. Kasich denies clemency for jailed Ohio coin dealer Updated: Oct-02-15 6:30 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich denied a clemency request Friday from a former Toledo-area coin dealer who raised money for Ohio Republicans before being convicted in a state investment scandal that also ensnared a former governor.
- Trump not coming to Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Donald Trump won't be doing a question-and-answer session with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Washington next week.
- Kasich calls for Syria no-fly zones, warns Russia to comply Updated: Oct-02-15 2:17 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Ohio Gov. John Kasich said Friday the United States should establish no-fly zones and sanctuaries along Syria's border with Jordan and Turkey, and warn aggressors, specifically Russian President Vladimir Putin, that they violate those buffers at their own risk.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- Panel seeks to extend freeze on Ohio green energy targets Updated: Sep-30-15 5:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Government requirements for the use of solar, wind and other forms of renewable energy by Ohio power companies would be suspended indefinitely under recommendations released Wednesday by a legislative panel.
- Clinton, Bush steady fundraising amid GOP summer Trump slump Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 am
WASHINGTON - Voters won't cast their first ballots in the presidential race until February, but donors have been making their picks for months.
- GOP presidential contender Cruz to campaign in Kalamazoo Updated: Sep-28-15 6:10 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Ted Cruz will campaign in Michigan next week.
- No Labels event in NH to draw 8 presidential hopefuls Updated: Sep-28-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Businessman Donald Trump, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Ohio Gov. John Kasich will headline a bipartisan presidential forum in New Hampshire next month aimed at addressing the nation's most urgent problems.
- GOP religious conservatives channeling anger toward victory Updated: Sep-27-15 5:11 am
WASHINGTON - Religious activists in the Republican Party, bolstered by House Speaker John Boehner's sudden exit, say the next GOP presidential nominee must share their uncompromising stance on abortion rights, gay marriage and other priorities to get to the White House.
- Boehner's decision to leave the House surprises constituents Updated: Sep-26-15 2:54 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - People in the Ohio district that House Speaker John Boehner has represented for decades are stunned by his decision to step down, nearly 35 years after he first won election there as township trustee.
- Kasich has role of setting election to fill Boehner vacancy Updated: Sep-25-15 5:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - It will be up to Republican Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) to call a special election to fill the Ohio congressional seat being vacated by House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur).
- Kasich assembles 18-person Mississippi leadership team Updated: Sep-25-15 4:06 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The John Kasich presidential campaign has put together an 18-person leadership team in Mississippi.
- Kasich presidential campaign returning to South Carolina Updated: Sep-24-15 3:35 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is returning to South Carolina as he tries to gain needed national traction for his 2016 presidential campaign.
- GOP candidates scramble to win over Scott Walker supporters Updated: Sep-22-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - Even before Scott Walker dropped out of the race for president, his Republican rivals for the White House were chasing after the remnants of his once high-flying campaign.
- As Georgia race heats up, Rubio gets congressman's support Updated: Sep-21-15 12:25 pm
ATLANTA - As the Republican presidential scramble heats up ahead of Georgia's March 1 primary, the state's elected leaders are starting to take sides, with Marco Rubio picking up support Monday from a conservative congressman from south Georgia.
- Michigan Senate leader endorses Kasich for president Updated: Sep-19-15 5:56 pm
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Michigan Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof is endorsing Ohio Gov. John Kasich for president.
- Snyder creates PAC to back 'problem-solving' candidates Updated: Sep-19-15 3:21 pm
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Saturday announced the creation of a political action committee to financially support like-minded "problem-solving" candidates, with an initial focus on 2016 races in the Republican-controlled Michigan House.
- Kasich remark about Latina maid draws unwanted attention Updated: Sep-18-15 6:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich has become the latest 2016 presidential contender to draw attention for an apparent generalization related to Latinos.
- New Hampshire voters: Still a long way to go for decision Updated: Sep-18-15 5:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The pair of Republican presidential debates on CNN this week spanned five hours - long enough for someone to drive clear across New Hampshire and back again. But some voters in the state that will host the first primaries in 2016 still have a long way to go in settling on a favorite.
- Bush leads off 6 GOP candidates visiting Michigan gathering Updated: Sep-18-15 5:35 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is leading off a half-dozen presidential candidates who plan to attend Michigan Republicans' weekend gathering on Mackinac Island.
- Stretch marks showed on CNN debate Updated: Sep-18-15 3:39 am
NEW YORK - It's safe to turn the TV back on. CNN's Republican presidential debate really is over.
- Carly Fiorina draws interest from undecided Ohio Republicans Updated: Sep-17-15 2:34 pm
CINCINNATI - People ARE looking at former CEO Carly Fiorina. And some undecided Republican activists in swing-state Ohio like what they're seeing.
- At debate, GOP candidates try to tie themselves to Reagan Updated: Sep-17-15 8:18 am
ATLANTA - Standing in Ronald Reagan's presidential library, GOP White House hopeful Jeb Bush argued that the 40th president would agree with him, and not the front-running Donald Trump, on immigration.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Sep-14-15 1:36 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers: