- 3 incumbent GOP state legislators lose primaries Updated: Jun-28-16 11:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - All five of Oklahoma's U.S. House members easily beat back Republican primary challengers on Tuesday and advanced to November's general election, while U.S. Rep. Jim Bridenstine in Tulsa automatically retains his 1st District seat with his victory.
- Daugaard's vote went to Kasich, not Trump, in state primary Updated: Jun-28-16 7:53 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he voted for former presidential contender John Kasich in South Dakota's GOP primary earlier this month after the Ohio governor had suspended his campaign for the White House.
- Longtime Ohio newspaper publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 Updated: Jun-24-16 7:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Longtime Ohio newspaper publisher John F. Wolfe, whose family sold The Columbus Dispatch last year and still owns television and radio stations, has died at age 72.
- Government administrators aim to go lean at Ohio conference Updated: Jun-24-16 12:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's successful efforts to streamline government operations are being highlighted at a national conference in Columbus.
- Road to 270: GOP's California dream has long proven elusive Updated: Jun-20-16 3:17 am
WESTMINSTER, California - Bob Dole thought he could win California with a "fishhook" strategy. George W. Bush came armed with $15 million. John McCain was bullish, too. They all lost.
- In Appalachia Ohio, party allegiances dissolve, TV ads spar Updated: Jun-19-16 5:35 pm
LISBON, Ohio - Skip Hawk is Ohio's close political divide personified. The 66-year-old retired foreman pondered his fall ballot options over a gravy-slathered breakfast at the Steel Trolley Diner recently and figured he'll probably pick Republican Donald Trump for president but local son Ted Strickland, a Democrat, in the race for U.S. Senate.
- Ryan: Republicans should follow 'conscience' on Trump Updated: Jun-17-16 11:05 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan says Republican lawmakers should follow their conscience in deciding whether or not to support Donald Trump, the GOP's presumptive nominee for president.
- Kasich: Bill requiring bond to expand voting goes 'too far' Updated: Jun-17-16 4:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich vetoed a bill Friday that would have required a cash bond for people to get a court order to keep polling places open late on Election Day in the key swing state.
- The Latest: Bill sponsor blasts veto of voting hours bill Updated: Jun-17-16 12:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on Ohio Gov. John Kasich's veto of legislation that creates a process for extending hours at polling places on Election Day (all times local):
- Public pays respects to former GOP senator and Ohio governor Updated: Jun-16-16 4:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Ohio Gov. John Kasich and other elected officials and former state office holders paid their respects Thursday to former U.S. senator, Ohio governor and Cleveland mayor George Voinovich.
- The Latest: Ohio governor pays respects to late US senator Updated: Jun-16-16 3:56 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on a memorial service for former Ohio governor and U.S. Senator George Voinovich (all times local):
- Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois Updated: Jun-15-16 8:48 pm
June 13, 2016
- Law lets Ohioans with drug offense convictions keep license Updated: Jun-15-16 12:32 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sihk) has signed a bill into law giving judges the option of suspending a driver's license for someone convicted of a drug charge, instead of the suspension being mandatory.
- Fallin, 6 other GOP governors meet with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 6:48 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin says she and other Republican governors had a chance to talk about jobs, the economy and the shooting at a Florida nightclub during a visit with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump in New York.
- Former GOP senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich dies Updated: Jun-12-16 5:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former Republican U.S. Sen. George Voinovich, a two-term Ohio governor who preached frugality in his personal and public life and occasionally bucked the GOP establishment, died Sunday. He was 79.
- The Latest: Elder Bush mourns Voinovich as political ally Updated: Jun-12-16 5:43 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on the death of former U.S. senator and Ohio Gov. George Voinovich (all times local):
- Ohio lawmaker resigns spot as GOP delegate for convention Updated: Jun-10-16 1:55 pm
LEBANON, Ohio - An Ohio lawmaker who has opposed presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump's candidacy has resigned her spot as a delegate to next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Evangelicals feel alienated, anxious Updated: Jun-09-16 12:27 pm
BENTON, Kentucky - Pastor Richie Clendenen stepped away from the pulpit, microphone in hand. He walked the aisles of the Christian Fellowship Church, his voice rising to describe the perils believers face in 21st-century America.
- News Guide: Montana voters decide full slate of races Updated: Jun-08-16 10:16 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana's primary election featured contested races for president, governor, state Supreme Court, Public Service Commission and a slate of legislative races. The election also confirmed the party nominations for candidates in unopposed races for U.S. House, attorney general, secretary of state, superintendent of education and state auditor.
- Clinton takes California primary after Trump wins GOP nod Updated: Jun-08-16 6:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Hillary Clinton captured the Democratic presidential primary, while Donald Trump easily won on the Republican side as voters also cast ballots for a new U.S. senator and a host of other offices in California's late-season primary.
- Montana backs Sanders, Trump; top governor candidates cruise Updated: Jun-08-16 2:24 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana voters, undeterred by Hillary Clinton becoming the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, threw their support behind Bernie Sanders on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Bernie Sanders wins Montana's Democratic primary Updated: Jun-08-16 2:09 am
HELENA, Montana - The Latest on Montana's primary elections (all times local):
- The Latest: Clinton defeats Sanders in South Dakota Updated: Jun-07-16 11:52 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The Latest on South Dakota's primary election (all times local):
- Voters look beyond delegate count, make picks for president Updated: Jun-07-16 11:45 pm
Voters in six states cast ballots in presidential primary contests Tuesday, but many were looking ahead to the general election.
- The Latest: Man Christie told to 'sit down, shut up' loses Updated: Jun-07-16 10:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey's primaries (all times local):