- Falcons' McKay reinstated to NFL Competition Committee Updated: Aug-27-15 7:06 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay has been reinstated as chairman of the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, the league said Thursday, after a nearly five-month suspension for the use of artificial noise at the Georgia Dome during games.
- Jets' Richardson awaits legal process, ruling on suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 8:54 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson is eager to find out when he'll be able to play this season.
- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.
- Talks go on as lawyers try to win over 'Deflategate' judge Updated: Aug-25-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - Even as negotiations aimed at settling the NFL's "Deflategate" scandal drag on, lawyers are seeking every legal advantage in a quest to win over a federal judge.
- Days with Gibbs, diverse career shape Packers' Mark Murphy Updated: Aug-21-15 12:08 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Mark Murphy played with such intelligence while with the Washington Redskins that Joe Gibbs didn't need to talk to him, the ultimate sign of respect from the Hall of Fame head coach.
- Silent Brady stands out at joint Patriots-Saints practices Updated: Aug-20-15 5:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tom Brady's media blackout, purportedly on advice of lawyers handling the legal challenge to his "Deflategate" suspension, has left him unavailable to even discuss how the New England Patriots look on the football field.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- AP sources: Brady, Goodell meet but 'Deflategate' unresolved Updated: Aug-18-15 5:47 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met Tuesday to discuss settling the "Deflategate" legal case but were unsuccessful, two people familiar with the case told The Associated Press.
- LINING UP: Pack at Pats, Jets at Lions in preseason games Updated: Aug-12-15 7:31 pm
A look at what to expect in Thursday night's NFL preseason games:
- The Latest: Brady, Goodell leave court after hearing, talks Updated: Aug-12-15 6:00 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments in a federal court hearing in football's "Deflategate" scandal, with the NFL, the players' union and superstar quarterback Tom Brady at odds about a four game suspension he received for using underinflated footballs (all times local):
- Peyton Manning: Tom Brady apologized to him for email barb Updated: Aug-12-15 4:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning says Tom Brady apologized to him - unnecessarily - after taking a shot at him in recently released emails.
- Browns rookie lineman Danny Shelton having huge impact Updated: Aug-12-15 1:59 pm
BEREA, Ohio - His frizzy hair flowing from the back of his helmet and those tree-trunk-sized calves separate Danny Shelton from others on the Browns' practice field.
- NFL owners hear presentations for Los Angeles stadiums Updated: Aug-11-15 7:36 pm
SCHAUMBURG, Illinois - Three NFL teams. Billions of dollars in play. One big opportunity.
- NFL draft returning to Chicago in 2016 Updated: Aug-11-15 5:05 pm
SCHAUMBURG, Illinois - Chicago is on the clock again.
- On football field, in the booth, Frank Gifford a winner Updated: Aug-10-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - An NFL championship with the New York Giants. An Emmy award as television's "outstanding sports personality." Induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Blank still longs for Falcons to win a Super Bowl Updated: Aug-09-15 6:50 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Owner Arthur Blank is not exactly disappointed with the financial state of the Atlanta Falcons.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford dies at 84 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - From the football field to the broadcast booth, Frank Gifford was a star. And a winner.
- Jets' Cromartie: Patriots' Brady shouldn't be suspended Updated: Aug-06-15 7:23 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Tom Brady has an unlikely ally in Antonio Cromartie.
- Judge overseeing Brady case no stranger to big personalities Updated: Aug-05-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - If there's anybody who can take the hot air out of football's "Deflategate," it's a Manhattan federal judge with a history of encouraging fast resolutions to perplexing problems.
- Ravens deny 'tipping off' Colts about deflated footballs Updated: Aug-05-15 1:57 pm
- Brady testimony in NFL 'Deflategate' released Updated: Aug-04-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady denied under oath to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that he tampered with footballs before the AFC title game, and investigator Ted Wells said in a transcript that he never warned the New England Patriots quarterback he would be punished if he didn't turn over his cellphone.
- For Jets' Pace, monotony of camp really grinds his gears Updated: Aug-02-15 7:48 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Calvin Pace can't stand training camp.
- Maine man hires plane to fly banner protesting Brady ruling Updated: Aug-02-15 2:08 pm
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - A man hired a plane to fly a banner over NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's vacation home in Maine, telling him to go back to New York.
- Troubles haven't slowed down for NFL Updated: Aug-01-15 12:15 pm
Shattered cellphones. Fireworks accidents. Failed drug tests.
- Patriots open camp, try to ignore 'Deflategate' noise Updated: Jul-30-15 5:55 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Fans drove to Gillette Stadium past a booth selling "Free Tom Brady" T-shirts.