- Miller awaits offseason filled with fun, financial reward Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - On top of his game and now the world, Von Miller's docket is quickly filling up.
- Despite troubles aplenty, NFL and Super Bowl popular as ever Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The headlines hit in a persistent stream this season, and the onslaught only grew steadier as the Super Bowl approached.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Shula: Newton tough to bring down, Csonka even tougher Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Don Shula said Cam Newton is pretty hard to tackle.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- Goodell to require teams to interview women for exec jobs Updated: Feb-04-16 3:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will implement a "Rooney Rule" requiring that women be interviewed for executive positions with teams around the league and in his own office, too.
- 'What If' moments that defined Super Bowl legacies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 am
Imagine a world where the name Scott Norwood evokes awe in Buffalo, not "aww, dude."
- Chairman says Chargers to stay in San Diego in 2016 Updated: Jan-30-16 2:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Chargers Chairman Dean Spanos said Friday that the team will play in San Diego in 2016, and he'll work with politicians and the business community to try to resolve a long, bitter fight over a new stadium.
- Eli Manning, Boldin, Watson finalists for Man of Year award Updated: Jan-24-16 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Anquan Boldin and New Orleans Saints tight end Benjamin Watson are the three finalists for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award.
- 17th and likely last meeting between QB blue bloods on tap Updated: Jan-22-16 3:37 am
DENVER - The final chapter of the greatest quarterback rivalry in NFL history plays out in all likelihood Sunday with the 17th meeting between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
- Brains amid brawn: Browns introduce front-office thinkers Updated: Jan-21-16 5:09 pm
BEREA, Ohio - One's a Harvard educated lawyer, the other a baseball statistics guru.
- AP source: Josh Gordon applies to the NFL for reinstatement Updated: Jan-20-16 11:38 am
CLEVELAND - Josh Gordon has asked the NFL for another chance.
- St. Louis united against common enemy: Stan Kroenke Updated: Jan-18-16 1:11 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis football fans don't have the 49ers or Seahawks to hate anymore. They have a new nemesis: Rams owner Stan Kroenke and the NFL executives who helped take away the team.
- With Rams returning to LA, challenges abound for 3 NFL teams Updated: Jan-13-16 12:30 pm
HOUSTON - The Rams belong to Los Angeles once again.
- Column: Play ball with the NFL ... or else Updated: Jan-13-16 9:52 am
As the clock ticked down toward a vote, the NFL Network breathlessly reported on the long line of luxury cars idling outside a suburban Houston hotel waiting to whisk the rich and powerful back to their private jets and onto the next important task. It was not the only time Tuesday's NFL owners' meeting resembled a meeting of old-line mafia families.