- The Latest: Pats fans celebrate 'Deflategate' judgment Updated: Sep-03-15 4:27 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- It's not over yet: What's next in the 'Deflategate' mess Updated: Sep-03-15 4:19 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Seven months. At least $3 million spent on lawyers - and probably twice that or more. Reports and responses and arbitration and appeals and even a college class in New England called "Deflategate."
- Judge sides with Brady on 'Deflategate,' NFL appeals Updated: Sep-03-15 3:50 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady learned Thursday he will start the season on the field after a judge lifted the league's four-game suspension of the star quarterback for a scandal over deflated footballs, saying he was treated unfairly by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The league quickly appealed.
- Sony, back in the crosshairs, defends 'Concussion' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly a year after the devastating hacking attack that leaked thousands of emails, Sony Pictures Entertainment again finds itself trying to justify its own inner dealings, this time over the upcoming Will Smith film about head trauma and the NFL, "Concussion."
- Column: Has NFL's PR machine finally met its match? Updated: Sep-02-15 1:25 pm
Merry Christmas, Mr. Commissioner. Enjoy your lump of coal.
- Patriots ready for Brady or no Brady Updated: Sep-01-15 8:41 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - No matter U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman's ruling, the New England Patriots are prepared to move forward with or without star quarterback Tom Brady.
- Falcons' McKay reinstated to NFL Competition Committee Updated: Aug-27-15 7:06 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay has been reinstated as chairman of the NFL's powerful Competition Committee, the league said Thursday, after a nearly five-month suspension for the use of artificial noise at the Georgia Dome during games.
- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.
- Days with Gibbs, diverse career shape Packers' Mark Murphy Updated: Aug-21-15 12:08 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Mark Murphy played with such intelligence while with the Washington Redskins that Joe Gibbs didn't need to talk to him, the ultimate sign of respect from the Hall of Fame head coach.
- Silent Brady stands out at joint Patriots-Saints practices Updated: Aug-20-15 5:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tom Brady's media blackout, purportedly on advice of lawyers handling the legal challenge to his "Deflategate" suspension, has left him unavailable to even discuss how the New England Patriots look on the football field.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- AP sources: Brady, Goodell meet but 'Deflategate' unresolved Updated: Aug-18-15 5:47 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met Tuesday to discuss settling the "Deflategate" legal case but were unsuccessful, two people familiar with the case told The Associated Press.
- LINING UP: Pack at Pats, Jets at Lions in preseason games Updated: Aug-12-15 7:31 pm
A look at what to expect in Thursday night's NFL preseason games:
- Peyton Manning: Tom Brady apologized to him for email barb Updated: Aug-12-15 4:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning says Tom Brady apologized to him - unnecessarily - after taking a shot at him in recently released emails.
- Browns rookie lineman Danny Shelton having huge impact Updated: Aug-12-15 1:59 pm
BEREA, Ohio - His frizzy hair flowing from the back of his helmet and those tree-trunk-sized calves separate Danny Shelton from others on the Browns' practice field.
- NFL owners hear presentations for Los Angeles stadiums Updated: Aug-11-15 7:36 pm
SCHAUMBURG, Illinois - Three NFL teams. Billions of dollars in play. One big opportunity.
- NFL draft returning to Chicago in 2016 Updated: Aug-11-15 5:05 pm
SCHAUMBURG, Illinois - Chicago is on the clock again.
- On football field, in the booth, Frank Gifford a winner Updated: Aug-10-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - An NFL championship with the New York Giants. An Emmy award as television's "outstanding sports personality." Induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Blank still longs for Falcons to win a Super Bowl Updated: Aug-09-15 6:50 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Owner Arthur Blank is not exactly disappointed with the financial state of the Atlanta Falcons.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford dies at 84 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - From the football field to the broadcast booth, Frank Gifford was a star. And a winner.
- Jets' Cromartie: Patriots' Brady shouldn't be suspended Updated: Aug-06-15 7:23 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Tom Brady has an unlikely ally in Antonio Cromartie.
- Judge overseeing Brady case no stranger to big personalities Updated: Aug-05-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - If there's anybody who can take the hot air out of football's "Deflategate," it's a Manhattan federal judge with a history of encouraging fast resolutions to perplexing problems.
- Ravens deny 'tipping off' Colts about deflated footballs Updated: Aug-05-15 1:57 pm
- Brady testimony in NFL 'Deflategate' released Updated: Aug-04-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady denied under oath to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that he tampered with footballs before the AFC title game, and investigator Ted Wells said in a transcript that he never warned the New England Patriots quarterback he would be punished if he didn't turn over his cellphone.