- Texans' Mallett forced into 21-14 preseason loss to Cowboys Updated: Sep-04-15 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Backup Houston quarterback Ryan Mallett was forced into the game unexpectedly when third-stringer Tom Savage went out with an apparent shoulder injury in the fourth quarter of the preseason finale.
- McFadden on board if Dallas replaces Murray by committee Updated: Sep-01-15 6:24 pm
IRVING, Texas - Darren McFadden wants to be one of the replacements for NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray.
- Romo's quirky eye issue pops up again, but concern doesn't Updated: Aug-31-15 9:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo practiced Monday, with his left eye looking better after his second bout with a sty that kept him out of practice for a day early in training camp a month ago.
- Bridgewater perfect for Vikings, Romo solid for Cowboys Updated: Aug-30-15 12:02 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Tony Romo got his first and likely only extended action of the preseason for the Dallas Cowboys, and found one of his reliable options even with Dez Bryant sitting out again.
- Cowboys break camp early but in keeping with routine Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
OXNARD, California - The Cowboys have broken camp in California, technically a day early but in keeping with their routine for preseason games this year.
- Gregory's work to impress Cowboys now showing on field, too Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
OXNARD, California - At times this summer, Randy Gregory would sign autographs and give interviews until Dallas team personnel had to just about pull him off the field during training camp.
- Cowboys think they have depth to replace injured Scandrick Updated: Aug-26-15 9:09 pm
OXNARD, California - Orlando Scandrick's season-ending knee injury was a flashback for Dallas coach Jason Garrett to losing linebacker Sean Lee during the offseason a year earlier.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- Defensive lineman Mike Purcell's pick-6 highlight for 49ers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:41 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Long black hair swinging from his helmet, 303-pound defensive lineman Mike Purcell - not strong-armed quarterback Colin Kaepernick - provided the highlight touchdown of the night for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Cowboys owner Jones apologizes to 49ers for grass comment Updated: Aug-24-15 12:00 am
- Cowboys concerned with 49ers' turf for preseason game Updated: Aug-21-15 8:24 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested Friday that the Cowboys could sit quarterback Tony Romo and other starters for a preseason game in San Francisco over concerns with the troublesome turf at Levi's Stadium.
- Romo, Witten growing 'old' while seeking title for Cowboys Updated: Aug-21-15 4:17 pm
OXNARD, California - Tony Romo crouches to give his little son Hawkins instructions on running a pass route while Jason Witten carries one of his kids nearby, surrounded by autograph seekers.
- Cowboys, Rams end practice early after fights break out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:23 pm
OXNARD, California - The Cowboys and St. Louis Rams cut short the second of two joint practices at training camp Tuesday after several fights broke out, including one where Dallas receiver Dez Bryant was punched in the face.
- Romo a go for 2nd workout with Rams, making it 4 straight Updated: Aug-18-15 7:48 pm
OXNARD, California - Tony Romo had to wait until after Dallas' first joint practice with St. Louis to see if his surgically repaired back would feel good enough to make it through a second straight day with the Rams.
- Cautious Cowboys sit Bryant, Smith in practices with Rams Updated: Aug-17-15 11:18 pm
OXNARD, California - Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith would likely be playing - and maybe even practicing - if the Dallas Cowboys were back home in the middle of the regular season.
- Cowboys' Patmon still fighting year after unlikely rise Updated: Aug-16-15 9:51 pm
OXNARD, California - Tyler Patmon showed the Dallas Cowboys his feisty side long before he threw the first punch in a training camp fight with star receiver Dez Bryant.
- McFadden finally joining race to replace Murray in Dallas Updated: Aug-15-15 9:48 pm
OXNARD, California - Darren McFadden is ready to give Joseph Randle a run for the job of replacing NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray in Dallas.
- Woodhead scores TD in return to Bolts, who beat 'Boys 17-7 Updated: Aug-14-15 2:02 am
SAN DIEGO - It didn't take long for Danny Woodhead to remind the San Diego Chargers and their fans of what they missed most of the 2014 season.
- New twist: Stars mixing it up in NFL training camp fights Updated: Aug-12-15 2:41 am
NFL training camps are in full swing.
- 'Paper boy' Beasley proving his growing value to Cowboys Updated: Aug-11-15 8:27 pm
OXNARD, California - Cole Beasley has the security of a long-term contract and a growing bond with Tony Romo in the Dallas passing game.
- Cowboys' Sean Lee finally full go, but playing it low key Updated: Aug-10-15 8:31 pm
OXNARD, California - Sean Lee waited 15 months to be cleared for every segment of practice after the oft-injured Dallas linebacker tore a ligament in his left knee in the first offseason workout of 2014.
- Holding pattern with starters opens doors for young Cowboys Updated: Aug-09-15 10:56 pm
OXNARD, California - Dez Bryant tops a list Dallas starters unlikely to return to practice until after the preseason opener at San Diego.
- Cowboys' Romo still mindful of back after normal offseason Updated: Aug-08-15 7:33 pm
OXNARD, California - Tony Romo still takes it easy on his surgically repaired back even though he had a normal offseason for the first time in three years.
- Cowboys' Carr breaks hand, Bryant out with hamstring strain Updated: Aug-08-15 5:32 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr is returning to Texas for surgery on a broken right hand, and All-Pro receiver Dez Bryant missed practice Saturday because of a strained hamstring.
- Injuries slowing some Cowboys in race to replace Murray Updated: Aug-06-15 10:00 pm
OXNARD, California - Simply by showing up for practice every day at training camp, Joseph Randle separates himself from the other primary contenders to replace NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray for the Cowboys.