- Ex-NY Senate leader heading to trial on corruption charges Updated: Jul-30-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - A former state Senate leader is set to go to trial this fall on charges he sold his office for the sake of his adult son.
- Leading NY lawmaker found guilty of lying to FBI Updated: Jul-22-15 6:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The No. 2 Republican in the New York Senate was found guilty Wednesday of lying to the FBI, a felony conviction that will cost him his seat.
- New York Assembly speaker to kick off upstate tour Updated: Jul-20-15 11:26 am
SYRACUSE, New York - The new speaker of the New York state Assembly is heading north to visit with leaders and residents in the upstate region.
- State's new legislative leaders see jump in contributions Updated: Jul-16-15 4:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - In Albany, it pays to be in charge.
- Ex-Assembly speaker's son-in-law admits to Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-13-15 6:05 pm
NEW YORK - A son-in-law of former New York state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver pleaded guilty to securities fraud Monday, admitting to cheating investors out of nearly $6 million in a Ponzi scheme.
- Prosecutors' in-house investigators behind NY criminal cases Updated: Jul-13-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - Years ago as a young prosecutor, Preet Bharara was driving in New York City's Little Italy with a dogged investigator named Ken McCabe, who suddenly recognized some mobsters, rolled down his window and surprised them by addressing them by their Mafia nicknames.
- Ex-NY Speaker balks at reporting income, cites federal probe Updated: Jul-03-15 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - Former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver is declining to report his outside income on a state disclosure form, citing federal charges that he collected nearly $4 million in kickbacks.