- UN condemns NKorea launch, pledges significant new sanctions Updated: Feb-07-16 11:41 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The U.N. Security Council condemned North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket that world leaders called a banned test of ballistic missile technology and another "intolerable provocation." The U.N.'s most powerful body pledged to quickly adopt a new resolution with "significant" new sanctions.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- Storms may brew, but in N. Korea pride over new satellite Updated: Feb-07-16 2:17 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - Hours after the rest of the world already knew, North Korea's state media triumphantly announced in a special news bulletin to the nation Sunday it had successfully launched a satellite into orbit, calling it a major milestone in the nation's history and the "greatest gift of loyalty" to the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un.
- Unabashed gluttony takes center stage at Philly's Wing Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 5:16 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With those around him sick and stuffed, Dennis Rodman needed to brush up on the rulebook.
- After H-bomb test, N. Korea wants to focus on economy Updated: Jan-16-16 2:06 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - After ringing in the new year with claims of its first successful hydrogen bomb test, North Korea is now calling on the United States and the world community to accept it as a nuclear power, jettison the pursuit of punitive sanctions and allow it to focus on what it really wants: build up the nation's troubled economy.
- S. Korea fires warning shots after North Korean drone seen Updated: Jan-13-16 8:14 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Wednesday fired 20 machine gun warning shots after a North Korean drone briefly crossed the rivals' border, officials said, the first shots fired in a Cold War-style standoff between the Koreas in the wake of the North's nuclear test last week.
- House moves on North Korea sanctions bill after bomb test Updated: Jan-11-16 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The House pushed ahead on legislation that seeks to punish North Korea for its latest nuclear test by expanding sanctions on Pyongyang, a move with strong bipartisan support despite questions over how effective the new restrictions can be.
- Lax enforcement weakens UN sanctions on nuclear North Korea Updated: Jan-10-16 12:06 am
UNITED NATIONS - While the U.N. Security Council considers new sanctions on North Korea after its latest nuclear test, experts say existing sanctions are going unenforced.