- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.
- US institute: NKorea launch site upgrade complete Updated: Jul-28-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Construction to upgrade North Korea's main rocket launch site now appears complete amid expectations in rival South Korea that a launch could take place in October, a U.S. research institute said Tuesday.
- With warning to US, North Korea marks end of Korean War Updated: Jul-27-15 9:26 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korean officials warned the United States that another war on the Korean Peninsula would leave no Americans alive to sign a surrender document as the country marked Monday's anniversary of the armistice that ended fighting in the Korean War more than six decades ago.
- Seoul: North Korea media confirms purging of defense chief Updated: Jul-13-15 1:28 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has officially confirmed the purging of its defense chief two months after Seoul's spy service said he had been executed for disloyalty to leader Kim Jong Un, a South Korean official said Monday.
- With great fanfare, Pyongyang opens new airport terminal Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korea opened a new terminal building at Pyongyang's international airport on Wednesday, underscoring an effort to attract more tourists and to spruce up the country ahead of a celebration of a major anniversary of the founding of its ruling party in October.