- Prince was a one-man band and a friend to many others Updated: Apr-25-16 3:32 am
NEW YORK - On his own, Prince was a revolutionary recording artist and one-man band.
- A synthesizer of sounds, Prince 'rewrote the rulebook' Updated: Apr-22-16 8:04 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Prince could play guitar like Carlos Santana or Jimi Hendrix, sing like James Brown, turn out pop melodies worthy of Motown or lay down the deepest grooves this side of Sly and the Family Stone. But no one could mistake his sound for anyone but Prince.
- Pop superstar Prince dies at his Minnesota home at age 57 Updated: Apr-21-16 8:24 pm
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - Prince, one of the most inventive and influential musicians of modern times with hits including "Little Red Corvette," ''Let's Go Crazy" and "When Doves Cry," was found dead at his home on Thursday in suburban Minneapolis, according to his publicist. He was 57.
- Cirque du Soleil will snub North Carolina after state law Updated: Apr-15-16 2:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Canadian-based circus company Cirque du Soleil is cancelling upcoming stops in North Carolina by two of its touring shows to protest a state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Transgender advocates fear bill's fallout even if it dies Updated: Apr-14-16 10:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Transgender people said Thursday they fear a South Carolina bill that would require them to use the public bathroom for their biological sex will stoke misguided fears and endorse restroom vigilantism, even if the bill ultimately dies as expected.
- Ani DiFranco, Cyndi Lauper join North Carolina law protest Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Ani DiFranco and Cyndi Lauper are the latest musicians to protest a North Carolina state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- 'Kinky Boots,' 'Hangmen,' 'Gypsy' win at UK's Olivier Awards Updated: Apr-03-16 5:52 pm
LONDON - The high-stepping Broadway hit "Kinky Boots" was named best new musical at London's Olivier theater awards on Sunday, while Martin McDonagh's killer comedy "Hangmen" won the prize for best new play.