- Obama vows to press ahead on Clean Power Plan after setback Updated: Feb-10-16 3:32 am
WASHINGTON - The administration of President Barack Obama is vowing to press ahead with efforts to curtail greenhouse gas emissions after a divided Supreme Court put his signature plan to address climate change on hold until after legal challenges are resolved.
- Supreme Court puts Obama's Clean Power Plan on hold Updated: Feb-09-16 9:09 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to halt enforcement of President Barack Obama's sweeping plan to address climate change until after legal challenges are resolved.
- Roberts sold more than $250,000 in Microsoft stock Updated: Feb-04-16 3:23 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's recent decision to step into a relatively unimportant case involving Microsoft's Xbox 360 gaming system revealed that Chief Justice John Roberts has sold between $250,000 and $500,000 in Microsoft stock in the past year.
- Justices extend bar on automatic life terms for teenagers Updated: Jan-25-16 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that people serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers must have a chance to seek their freedom, a decision that could affect more than 1,000 inmates.
- Immigration tops politically charged caseload for high court Updated: Jan-20-16 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's decision to add immigration to its already robust list of politically charged cases means a raft of rulings in the late spring or early summer that could inject the court into the presidential campaign.