- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Jun-29-16 11:57 am
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Supreme Court leans left in term unsettled by Scalia's death Updated: Jun-28-16 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Antonin Scalia's sudden death transformed the Supreme Court's term, shifted power to its liberal wing and started a transition that will be greatly affected by who wins the presidency.
- Supreme Court ruling imperils abortion laws in many states Updated: Jun-28-16 10:20 am
NEW YORK - By striking down tough abortion restrictions in Texas, the U.S. Supreme Court has emboldened abortion-rights activists nationwide and imperiled a range of anti-abortion laws in numerous states.
- La, Miss abortion laws similar to overturned Texas law Updated: Jun-27-16 6:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Mississippi's abortion restrictions will likely be the first outside Texas to be affected by Monday's U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturning requirements that abortion doctors have hospital admitting privileges, the leader of the Center for Reproductive Rights said.
- The Latest: Wendy Davis calls abortion ruling gratifying end Updated: Jun-27-16 6:06 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on the Supreme Court's decision striking down Texas' strict regulation of abortion clinics (all times local):
- The Latest: Sponsor: Ruling may mean end to Mississippi law Updated: Jun-27-16 3:27 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on likely effects of the Supreme Court's latest abortion ruling in Louisiana and Mississippi (all times local):
- What to know about Supreme Court tossing Texas abortion law Updated: Jun-27-16 12:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-3 on Monday that Texas' sweeping anti-abortion law is unconstitutional. Here are details about the ruling and the law, known as HB2:
- Supreme Court set to close out current term with 3 big cases Updated: Jun-27-16 8:56 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is set to close out its current term with opinions Monday in three remaining cases after a flurry of decisions last week.
- High court limits use of repeat offender law Updated: Jun-23-16 1:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it tougher for federal prosecutors to seek longer prison terms for people convicted of repeated violent crimes.
- Breyer book royalties top $100K in 2015 Updated: Jun-22-16 1:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer received around $120,000 last year from the publisher of his latest book about the high court and the world.
- Supreme Court rules for police in search case Updated: Jun-20-16 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court bolstered police powers on Monday, ruling that evidence of a crime in some cases may be used against a defendant even if the police did something wrong or illegal in obtaining it.
- High court nixes European suit against R.J. Reynolds Updated: Jun-20-16 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the European Union can't pursue a federal racketeering lawsuit accusing tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds of taking part in a global money-laundering scheme that sponsored cigarette-smuggling in Europe.
- Justices rule against Puerto Rico in fight over criminal law Updated: Jun-09-16 1:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled against Puerto Rico in a politically charged dispute over the island's power to enforce its own criminal laws.
- Justice lawyer who defended Obamacare at high court leaving Updated: Jun-02-16 11:31 am
WASHINGTON - The top Justice Department official who defended the president's health care law at the Supreme Court is leaving his job.
- High court rejects La. inmate's death penalty challenge Updated: May-31-16 10:06 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a Louisiana inmate's appeal that his death sentence was unconstitutional.