- Ginsburg: Having only 8 justices hamstrings Supreme Court Updated: May-26-16 6:06 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Thursday that having only eight high court justices isn't good, resulting in some 4-4 splits this year that denied litigants an opinion.
- Breyer says Supreme Court not diminished with only 8 members Updated: May-23-16 9:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Stephen Breyer said Monday that the Supreme Court has not been diminished by having only eight members since the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February.
- Supreme court dismisses GOP appeal over Virginia districts Updated: May-23-16 10:36 am
WASHINGTON - A unanimous Supreme Court has dismissed a Republican appeal over congressional districts in Virginia.
- High court rules against NY man denied re-entry to US Updated: May-19-16 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it easier for the government to deport or otherwise remove people who are not U.S. citizens if they are convicted of seemingly minor state crimes.
- Supreme Court, down by one, finds it can be hard to decide Updated: May-17-16 7:05 am
WASHINGTON - The eight Supreme Court justices say they'll take care of business until a new ninth justice joins them. Their actions say otherwise.
- Scalia's loss raises questions for Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 3:48 am
WASHINGTON - Two months, 31 arguments and 18 decisions since the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, is the Supreme Court hopelessly deadlocked or coping as a party of eight?
- High court seems poised to overturn McDonnell conviction Updated: Apr-27-16 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court could make it tougher for the government to crack down on public corruption, signaling Wednesday that it may overturn former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's federal bribery conviction.