- West Virginia, Japanese leaders talk natural gas partnership Updated: Apr-25-16 3:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin and natural gas industry executives have met with Japanese business leaders to discuss investment opportunities.
- West Virginia Democrats to face off in governor race debate Updated: Apr-14-16 6:23 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - For the first - and likely only - time, all three Democratic candidates for West Virginia governor will take the same debate stage.
- Painkiller critics take aim at hospital surveys, procedures Updated: Apr-13-16 6:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Critics of how prescription painkillers are administered in the U.S. are calling on health officials to phase out hospital procedures and questionnaires used to manage pain.
- West Virginia Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-06-16 6:36 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Nominee Garland smiles, stays quiet while in public view Updated: Apr-06-16 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - "Cubs or White Sox?"
- Manchin to meet with Obama's Supreme Court nominee Updated: Apr-05-16 4:41 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin will meet with President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee.
- Obama to push Supreme Court nominee at University of Chicago Updated: Apr-01-16 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Kansas Republican Sen. Jerry Moran is backtracking on his willingness to hold a hearing and vote on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee, reversing course after infuriating conservatives.
- Top West Virginia contests yield big fundraising hauls Updated: Mar-31-16 7:14 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Candidates in West Virginia's high-profile races for governor and Supreme Court have raked in six- and seven-figure fundraising hauls, with a couple of hopefuls signing big checks to themselves.