- More fights ahead on Planned Parenthood after Senate vote Updated: Aug-04-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - After the Senate's derailing of Republican legislation halting federal dollars for Planned Parenthood, one thing seems clear: Many on both sides think they can ring up gains from the battle.
- Fayette, Mineral receive federal funding for Head Start Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Fayette and Mineral counties have been awarded federal funding for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
- Prescription drug take back initiative set for Sept. 26 Updated: Jul-30-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Another prescription drug collection effort will be held in September.
- FEMA approves $7.7M in W.Va. homeland security funds Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved $7.7 million in funding for emergency preparedness and homeland security programs in West Virginia.
- West Virginia editorial roundup Updated: Jul-29-15 3:24 pm
Recent editorials from West Virginia newspapers:
- Democratic senator leaning toward supporting Iran deal Updated: Jul-26-15 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said Sunday he is leaning toward supporting the Iranian nuclear deal because the alternative would be war.
- House approves bill to tweak coal ash standards Updated: Jul-22-15 7:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Wednesday approved a bill granting states authority to regulate waste generated from coal burned for electricity.
- VA director tells lawmakers Greenbrier clinic will reopen Updated: Jul-17-15 1:25 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's congressional delegation says the top Veterans Affairs official has committed to reopen a health clinic in Greenbrier County.