- Idea to create national park concerns Maine delegation Updated: Nov-23-15 6:21 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Three members of Maine's congressional delegation told President Barack Obama they have serious reservations about a proposal to have more than 100,000 acres of Maine's northern woods designated a national monument.
- UMaine's ocean simulator to carry Alfond name Updated: Nov-23-15 3:00 pm
ORONO, Maine - The University of Maine's new ocean engineering laboratory was formally dedicated Monday and will bear the name of the late philanthropist Harold Alfond.
- Former Maine congressman approved for administration post Updated: Nov-20-15 9:48 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate has approved a former Maine congressman for an administration post to help veterans seeking training and jobs.
- UMaine-led offshore wind project gets $3.7M boost Updated: Nov-16-15 12:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Energy is awarding another $3.7 million to a University of Maine-led offshore wind power pilot project, a sign of confidence in the project, officials said Monday.
- Maine senators say SEC should keep paper mutual fund reports Updated: Nov-15-15 8:30 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's senators are calling on the federal Securities and Exchange Commission to reconsider a proposed rule they say would hurt residents by eliminating a requirement that mutual fund information be delivered to investors in paper form.
- National Park supporters to deliver petitions to lawmakers Updated: Nov-10-15 10:10 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Supporters of a North Woods National park funded by a founder of Burt's Bees are delivering a petition signed by more than 13,000 people to Maine's congressional delegation, they said Tuesday.
- Defense bill includes $250M for extra Maine-built destroyer Updated: Nov-10-15 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - A defense budget sent to President Barack Obama includes funding to start construction of an extra warship in Maine.
- National Guard 133rd Engineer Battalion won't leave Maine Updated: Nov-06-15 3:38 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Plans to convert the 133rd Engineer Battalion into an infantry battalion have been scrapped, the adjutant general of the Maine National Guard said Friday.
- Groups get federal money to rehab low-income Maine housing Updated: Nov-04-15 5:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Two Maine groups will receive federal Housing Preservation Grants to help with low-income housing rehabilitation projects in five counties.
- Advocates, businesses at odds over Maine clean elections law Updated: Nov-01-15 10:57 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine voters are getting ready to decide proposed changes to their state's public campaign finance law as business interests disagree over the measure, the governor calls it "a scam" and a U.S. senator praises the effort to "pull back the curtain on secret money."