- LeBron, Cavs hold off Hawks 104-93 in Game 1 Updated: May-03-16 12:01 am
CLEVELAND - Rusty, rested or reeling, LeBron James and the Cavaliers find a way to beat the Hawks in the playoffs every time.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 10:54 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Updated: Apr-27-16 1:06 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coming up short of the Final Four was a setback Dawn Staley did not expect for her South Carolina program. She hopes it was a lasting lesson for the Gamecocks.
- Jordan reiterates Hornets opposed to discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 10:37 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Michael Jordan reiterated that the Charlotte Hornets are opposed to House Bill 2, which was recently passed in North Carolina and could prevent the NBA All-Star Game from coming to Charlotte.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Prince and sports: Music in blood, basketball in his heart Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had music in his blood. Basketball was in his heart.
- Oprah, Mick Jagger among celebs to react to Prince's death Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 am
Musicians, actors and other celebrities react to the death Thursday of music great Prince via interviews, statements and social media:
- Silver: Change in NC law needed for All-Star in Charlotte Updated: Apr-21-16 6:39 pm
NEW YORK - Commissioner Adam Silver believes the NBA has been "crystal clear" that the 2017 All-Star Game only stays in Charlotte if a North Carolina law goes.
- LeBron scores 27, Cavs make 20 3s in Game 2 win over Pistons Updated: Apr-21-16 12:31 am
CLEVELAND - J.R. Smith looked down at the postgame box score and couldn't believe his eyes.
- Young players have to contribute for OSU to be successful Updated: Apr-20-16 6:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State just wrapped up its 15 spring practices with the spring game, and coach Urban Meyer and position coaches talked Wednesday about the road ahead.
- Bob Mackie to receive award from Chicago costume council Updated: Apr-18-16 1:33 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago History Museum's Costume Council plans to honor fashion designer Bob Mackie.
- Silver: NC law 'problematic' to NBA, no decision on All-Star Updated: Apr-15-16 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Friday a North Carolina law that limits anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay and transgender people remains "problematic" for the league, but he said there is no decision on moving next year's All-Star Game out of Charlotte.
- NBA to begin selling jersey sponsorships in 2017-18 Updated: Apr-15-16 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA will begin putting sponsorship logos on player uniforms in 2017-18, a move that could generate at least $100 million annually and a step that the NFL, Major League Baseball and NHL have yet to take.
- Thunder star Russell Westbrook rolling as playoffs arrive Updated: Apr-15-16 2:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook's triple-double against the Los Angeles Clippers reminded Kevin Durant of someone playing the NBA 2K game on rookie mode.
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Updated: Apr-14-16 9:25 pm
OAKLAND, California - Steve Kerr makes one thing perfectly clear: This special season is not about him. Far from it. Even if he is so perfectly entwined with the record-setting Golden State Warriors and the Chicago Bulls group Kerr played for 20 years ago that just lost its all-time wins record to the team he now leads.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- In NBA playoffs, Warriors want to add 16 wins to their 73 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:06 pm
The Golden State Warriors don't want a record without a championship.
- Hornets look for first playoff win in 14 seasons vs. Heat Updated: Apr-14-16 3:45 pm
- 'Kobe means LA': Lakers fans lament on Bryant's last game Updated: Apr-14-16 2:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - After one, last, unforgettable, 60-point night, the fans of Los Angeles will have to get used to life without Kobe Bryant. It's something many of them have never known.
- What a night! Golden State wins 73, Kobe scores 60 in finale Updated: Apr-14-16 3:52 am
The stars did not disappoint.
- Polarizing in his prime, Kobe enjoys some love in the end Updated: Apr-14-16 2:34 am
They came to pay tribute, the rich and famous in their courtside seats and the less affluent up high in the rafters of Staples Center.
- Curry shoots Warriors to 73rd win, breaking Bulls' mark Updated: Apr-14-16 2:29 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors took their last shot at Michael Jordan and history and they swished it - for 73.
- The Latest: Kobe and the Warriors delivered in finales Updated: Apr-14-16 1:37 am
The Latest on the Golden State Warriors' chase of the best regular-season record in NBA history on Wednesday and Kobe Bryant's final game with the Los Angeles Lakers (all times local):
- Rockets clinch playoff berth with 116-81 win over Kings Updated: Apr-13-16 11:37 pm
HOUSTON - After it looked as if they'd be heading home early just a week ago, the Houston Rockets are in the playoffs after securing the final Western Conference playoff spot on the last day of the regular season.
- Column: Vintage MJ-led Bulls would top Curry's Warriors Updated: Apr-13-16 2:14 am