- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia
- Manchester City, Pedro Rodriguez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Aug-25-15 11:42 am
LONDON - Manchester City is top of the first Associated Press Global Football 10 of the new season and Pedro Rodriguez is the leading player after scoring on his Chelsea debut.
- Sterling proving the difference for rampant Man City Updated: Aug-24-15 9:42 am
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling hasn't scored in his first three games for Manchester City. He is yet to complete 90 minutes. He's even been upstaged by many of his teammates.
- Man City beats Everton 2-0 for 3rd straight league win Updated: Aug-23-15 2:15 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Manchester City secured a club record-equaling ninth straight league win in beating Everton 2-0 on Sunday, with second-half goals by Aleksandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri keeping the team top of the Premier League after three games.
- Rampant Man City crushes Chelsea 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-16-15 3:03 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Sergio Aguero's exquisite solo strike and late goals by Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho earned Manchester City a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday in the first heavyweight showdown in the Premier League, compounding the champions' early-season problems.
- Struggles and surprises as Premier League gets moving Updated: Aug-10-15 6:26 pm
LONDON - It is, of course, much too early to try to read something into the first round of matches in a Premier League season that has another 37 games and more than eight months to run.
- Sterling boost but City senior trio must shine for title bid Updated: Aug-04-15 4:17 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City has gambled on Raheem Sterling being the key signing that manager Manuel Pellegrini needs to lift his team back to the top of English soccer.