- Boris Johnson emerges as the winner after British referendum Updated: Jun-24-16 2:00 pm
LONDON - Boris Johnson emerged Friday as perhaps the biggest winner in Britain's shock move away from the European Union.
- Former UN General Assembly chief dies amid bribery case Updated: Jun-22-16 11:06 pm
DOBBS FERRY, New York - Former U.N. General Assembly President John Ashe of the twin-island Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda died on Wednesday in the United States as he was facing criminal charges in a bribery case. He was 61.
- Actress Helen Mirren rejects efforts to boycott Israel Updated: Jun-22-16 11:38 am
JERUSALEM - Oscar-winning actress Helen Mirren said Wednesday she was a "believer" in Israel and rejected efforts to boycott it.
- NY-NJ agency director is honored by Queen Elizabeth II Updated: Jun-20-16 10:53 am
NEW YORK - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's program director has received an honorary title from Queen Elizabeth II.
- Iranian-British woman held in Iran faces coup charge Updated: Jun-15-16 1:27 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian-British woman detained in Iran faces charges of trying to cause the "soft toppling" of the government, a state-run news agency reported Wednesday, the latest in a series of cases in which dual nationals have been detained since last year's nuclear deal with world powers. Her husband dismissed the charges as "extraordinary and untrue."
- American horse Tepin wins at Royal Ascot Updated: Jun-14-16 12:26 pm
ASCOT, England - American mare Tepin won the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot on Tuesday in her first race in Europe.
- Across the world, shock and condemnation at Orlando massacre Updated: Jun-13-16 3:43 pm
From across the world, officials and public figures are expressing condemnation and shock over the Florida mass shooting at the Pulse Orlando nightclub on Sunday, when police say a gunman wielding an assault-type rifle opened fire, killing at least 49 people and wounding dozens.
- UK: Queen's birthday celebrations ends with street party Updated: Jun-12-16 11:05 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II's subjects serenaded her with impromptu renditions of "Happy Birthday," on Sunday, as the monarch slowly drove past some 10,000 people attending a massive street fair in her honor.
- Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Ma'am? Rod Stewart knighted by queen Updated: Jun-10-16 7:07 pm
LONDON - Some guys have all the luck.
- Palace releases new portrait of queen by Annie Leibovitz Updated: Jun-09-16 7:18 pm
LONDON - Buckingham Palace has released a new Annie Leibovitz portrait of Queen Elizabeth II to mark the celebrations of her 90th birthday.
- The Latest: Jim Brown recalls Ali as social force, comedian Updated: Jun-04-16 9:36 pm
The Latest on the death of Muhammad Ali (all times EDT):
- Bank of England's new 5-pound note features Churchill Updated: Jun-02-16 11:37 am
LONDON - Britain's new five-pound note features the image of World War II leader Winston Churchill - and comes with a promise that it can stand up to all his favorite things.
- Dior returns to Blenheim Palace for Cruise show Updated: May-31-16 4:16 pm
BLENHEIM PALACE, England - Dior returned Tuesday to England's Blenheim Palace to unveil its Cruise collection in glamorous surroundings that evoked the distinctive days of Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent.
- Queen Elizabeth II is magazine cover star in Leibovitz photo Updated: May-31-16 2:48 pm
LONDON - Britain's 90-year-old Queen Elizabeth II is a Vanity Fair cover star, in a portrait by photographer Annie Leibovitz.
- Prince Philip to miss Battle of Jutland event Updated: May-30-16 9:50 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II's husband Prince Philip has decided to follow medical advice and skip upcoming commemorations to mark the Battle of Jutland.