- Prince Philip to miss Battle of Jutland event Updated: May-30-16 9:50 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II's husband Prince Philip has decided to follow medical advice and skip upcoming commemorations to mark the Battle of Jutland.
- Anthony Hopkins overcomes his stage fright in 'The Dresser' Updated: May-26-16 10:20 am
LONDON - He's a much-lauded Academy Award-winning performer and his Hannibal Lecter is one of the all-time great movie villains.
- Burt Kwouk, veteran of the 'Pink Panther' movies, dies at 85 Updated: May-24-16 11:15 am
LONDON - Burt Kwouk, an actor who played martial arts expert Cato in the comic "Pink Panther" films, has died. He was 85.
- Sugar tax, spaceports meet pageantry in UK Queen's Speech Updated: May-18-16 12:51 pm
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II donned an ermine-trimmed robe and diamond-studded crown Wednesday to announce government promises to put Britain at the cutting edge of technology and social progress in the 21st century.
- Buckingham Palace releases rare images of the queen Updated: May-14-16 7:52 am
LONDON - Buckingham Palace has released black-and-white images of Queen Elizabeth II as a young girl amid celebrations marking her 90th birthday.
- Queen Elizabeth II set to celebrate 90th birthday - again Updated: May-12-16 4:26 pm
LONDON - Does one person really need 900 horses to tell their life story?
- Cameron's anti-corruption summit faces uphill struggle Updated: May-12-16 6:27 am
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron on Thursday called corruption a "cancer" at the heart of the world's problems, while U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said it was as great a threat as extremism.
- Queen Elizabeth II: Chinese officials were 'very rude' Updated: May-11-16 4:03 pm
LONDON - Britain's 90-year-old monarch has made a rare foray into political affairs, being caught on film characterizing Chinese officials as "very rude" in their dealings with British counterparts during a state visit last year.
- The Latest: China's foreign ministry on queen's remarks Updated: May-11-16 5:33 am
LONDON - The Latest on Queen Elizabeth II's comments at a garden party that Chinese officials were "very rude" to Britain's ambassador ahead of a state visit by Chinese President Xi in October (all times local):
- Sandringham is British royals' much-loved country retreat Updated: May-03-16 12:27 pm
SANDRINGHAM, England - It is unique among royal residences, a country retreat that is the private property of Queen Elizabeth II, a place at once so private and so beguiling that King George V pronounced it "the place I love better than anywhere in the world."