- SC's actual income tax rates much lower than portrayed Updated: May-30-15 10:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is demanding that legislators cut personal income taxes to make South Carolina more competitive with neighboring states. But South Carolinians already pay less in income taxes than their counterparts in North Carolina and Georgia, as well as most other states that collect the tax.
- Lawmakers proclaim "Darlington Raceway Week" Updated: May-28-15 6:54 pm
DARLINGTON, South Carolina - South Carolina lawmakers have made the first week in September "Darlington Raceway Week" as the track prepares for Labor Day weekend racing.
- Increased domestic violence penalties headed to Haley's desk Updated: May-28-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill increasing penalties in South Carolina for repeat domestic violence offenders and banning batterers from having guns is heading to the governor's desk.
- Bill that bans abortion in SC past 19 weeks returns to House Updated: May-27-15 6:40 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The fate of a bill banning abortion past 19 weeks in South Carolina is once again in the House's hands.
- Haley urges senators to pass bill allowing Uber services Updated: May-27-15 4:59 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is urging senators to pass a bill that would allow Uber to continue operating in South Carolina past this summer.
- Senators praise latest pick to lead DHEC as the right choice Updated: May-21-15 2:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Senators say the board of South Carolina's public health and environmental agency got it right this time in selecting a director.
- Deal near on bill requiring public bodies to have agendas Updated: May-20-15 4:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - House and Senate members are nearing a deal on a bill that would require government bodies in South Carolina to publish agendas before public meetings.
- Senate panel hears more testimony over public records bill Updated: May-13-15 10:41 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Senate subcommittee has taken more testimony on a bill that would overhaul South Carolina's open records law.
- South Carolina may get small ethics reform package this year Updated: May-12-15 6:46 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Ethics reform might not be dead at the South Carolina Statehouse this year: A Senate committee on Tuesday passed a lighter version of the measure pertaining to what income lawmakers and their families must disclose and when candidates must report campaign spending.
- South Carolina Senate gives roads bill priority debate spot Updated: May-12-15 5:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Senate has agreed to put the debate on whether to raise taxes for more money for road in a prime debate spot.
- Graham takes trip down memory lane at SC Statehouse Updated: May-12-15 12:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Likely presidential candidate Lindsey Graham has returned to his roots.
- Gay leaders happy even with anti-discrimination bill failing Updated: May-05-15 2:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Advocates of gay rights say no matter what happens to an anti-discrimination bill that Democrats managed to get to the House floor, this has been a surprisingly quiet legislative session for gay issues.