- Fuente plans to build on Beamer's success at Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-30-15 2:54 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Justin Fuente had numerous opportunities to leave Memphis, but said Monday that it wasn't until Virginia Tech athletic director Whit Babcock offered him the chance to replace the retiring Frank Beamer as coach that he knew it was time to make the move.
- Memphis begins search, names Dickey interim head coach Updated: Nov-29-15 8:02 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has named offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey interim head coach while it begins seeking a permanent replacement for Justin Fuente, who left Sunday to take over Virginia Tech's program.
- Hokies give Beamer 1 more win over Virginia, 23-20 Updated: Nov-28-15 6:24 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Frank Beamer and his coaching staff aren't going anywhere for a few more weeks.
- Mistakes doom Virginia in 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-28-15 6:21 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Mike London sat down, sighed heavily, and began his postgame press conference as he has begun so many others in a six-year career at Virginia: "That's a tough way to lose a football game," he said Saturday.
- ACC title game will match surprising and predictable Updated: Nov-25-15 2:37 pm
BOSTON - Maybe the Atlantic Coast Conference should change the names of its divisions from Atlantic and Coastal to Predictable and Surprising.
- Beamer suspends Nicolas for half after contact with referee Updated: Nov-23-15 8:16 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer says defensive end Dadi Nicolas will be suspended for half of the Hokies' game at Virginia on Saturday for hitting referee Ron Cherry during a loss to North Carolina.
- Virginia hoping to spoil finale for Beamer, Virginia Tech Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 pm
Virginia Tech and outgoing coach Frank Beamer are in an uncomfortably familiar spot heading into their traditional regular season-ending rivalry game against Virginia: For the third time in four years, the Hokies need to beat the Cavaliers to qualify for a bowl game.
- Beamer focusing on more work, bowl game after 30-27 OT loss Updated: Nov-21-15 6:29 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Frank Beamer wasn't in any great rush to reflect on a celebration of his 29 years as the Hokies' football coach, or anything else but next weekend's game.
- No. 12 North Carolina spoils Beamer's finale in OT, 30-27 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:45 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - North Carolina defensive end Mikey Bart started celebrating too soon. Marquise Williams made sure his 12th-ranked Tar Heels were able to celebrate at all.
- Virginia Tech looks to control emotions vs No. 12 UNC Updated: Nov-17-15 4:51 pm
Frank Beamer's last home game. Senior Day.
- Virginia Tech rallies from 14 down to beat Ga Tech 23-21 Updated: Nov-13-15 12:04 am
ATLANTA - Frank Beamer picked up his first retirement gift.
- In disappointing season, Georgia Tech still hoping for bowl Updated: Nov-10-15 6:52 pm
ATLANTA - Outside of a stunning upset of Florida State, there hasn't been much to cheer about at Georgia Tech.
- Virginia Tech prepping for ACC matchup against Georgia Tech Updated: Nov-09-15 5:13 pm
Virginia Tech quarterback Michael Brewer was glad to have a few days off after coach Frank Beamer announced his 29th and current season would be his last with the Hokies.
- Beamer: 'The last thing I want is for Hokies to be divided' Updated: Nov-02-15 4:35 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - An emotional Frank Beamer wanted everyone to know that his health wasn't the reason he has decided to retire.
- Who's next at Virginia Tech? Possible successors for Beamer Updated: Nov-02-15 4:26 am
The cliche goes that you don't want to be the guy who follows the coaching legend.