- Asian women's teams show up male rivals Updated: Jul-03-15 1:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The contrast between the fortunes of Asia's women's soccer teams and their male equivalents could not be more striking.
- French women beat South Korea 3-0 in World Cup round of 16 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:36 pm
MONTREAL - The French-speaking and France-favoring crowd sang "La Marseillaise" three times during Sunday's game against South Korea.
- South Korea beats Spain 2-1, advances in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-17-15 9:50 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Soo-yun Kim scored the winner in the 78th minute to cap South Korea's 2-1 comeback over Spain Wednesday night at Ottawa, Ontario, to reach the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup.
- Asian powers unconvincing in World Cup qualifying Updated: Jun-17-15 1:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The four power teams of Asian football avoided defeat in their opening World Cup qualifiers, yet none put in performances that will dispel the doubts about the strength of the region's teams following their combined winless record at the 2014 World Cup.
- Japan held to 0-0 by Singapore in Asian World Cup qualifier Updated: Jun-16-15 5:21 pm
Japan was held to a surprising goalless draw by visiting Singapore while Guam pulled off only its second World Cup qualifying win when it beat India 2-1 on Tuesday.
- Villalobos' late goal earns Costa Rica draw with South Korea Updated: Jun-13-15 9:23 pm
MONTREAL - Karla Villalobos came off the bench to score in the 89th minute as Costa Rica escaped with a 2-2 draw against South Korea at the Women's World Cup on Saturday.
- Marta scores record 15th World Cup goal in Brazil win Updated: Jun-09-15 9:11 pm
Marta scored her 15th career women's World Cup goal to become the all-time leader in tournament history, leading Brazil to a 2-0 win over South Korea in Montreal on Tuesday.