- Chinese troops to visit US Army base for medical drills Updated: Nov-16-15 1:59 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The month after a U.S. Navy warship sailed by an artificial Chinese island in the contested waters of the South China Sea, the Department of Defense is reaching out with a friendlier gesture.
- US Navy ship visits China in wake of recent tensions Updated: Nov-16-15 5:13 am
BEIJING - A U.S. Navy destroyer docked in Shanghai on Monday in a sign that contacts between the U.S. and Chinese militaries are continuing despite tensions over the South China Sea.
- Chinese hospital ship to offer tours in San Diego Updated: Nov-04-15 6:58 am
SAN DIEGO - China's Peace Ark is in San Diego, where the hospital ship will offer its first public tours on the U.S. mainland.
- China to prosecute former head of Xinjiang border guards Updated: Nov-03-15 12:09 am
BEIJING - Prosecutors plan to bring charges of selling promotions against the former head of border guards in China's strategically key northwestern region of Xinjiang, the ruling Communist Party said Tuesday.
- US, China officials discuss ship's passage by China islets Updated: Oct-29-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - American warships will continue to "regularly" sail within the 12-nautical mile limit of islands built by China in the South China Sea, a senior U.S. official said Thursday, despite protests from Beijing after the USS Lassen's passage near one of the man-made islets this week.
- China: Will respond to US ships with all necessary means Updated: Oct-29-15 6:36 am
BEIJING - China's military will take "all necessary" measures in response to any future U.S. Navy incursions into what it considers its territorial waters around islands in the South China Sea, a Defense Ministry spokesman said Thursday.