- Former Fairbanks mayor announces state senate bid Updated: May-29-16 10:28 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Former Fairbanks North Star Borough Mayor Luke Hopkins is running for state senate.
- Walker breaks up tax proposals after legislative pushback Updated: May-27-16 5:57 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker broke his tax proposals apart again after legislators pushed back on his decision to bundle them together for the special session.
- Hopkins resigns from gas line board for Alaska Senate run Updated: May-25-16 7:14 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Luke Hopkins, who was narrowly confirmed to the board of the Alaska Gasline Development Corp. last month, has resigned from that post to run for the state Senate.
- The Latest: Gov: 'Modest' tax measures would have big impact Updated: May-23-16 9:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on the Alaska Legislature's special session (all times local):
- Alaska editorials Updated: May-23-16 1:56 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Man believed to be ex-Arizona lawmaker held in Alaska death Updated: May-17-16 10:33 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A man believed to be a former Arizona state legislator who has spent the last month as a day laborer in Alaska's capital city has been accused of killing a man in a hunting party after a day of drinking.
- Department of Law fights House substitution in Medicaid case Updated: May-17-16 7:18 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Attorneys for Gov. Bill Walker are fighting an attempt to prolong litigation challenging Walker's authority to expand Medicaid unilaterally.
- Alaska governor signs bill clearing way for Dave & Buster's Updated: May-17-16 2:49 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker has signed into law legislation that would clear the way for the restaurant Dave & Buster's to do business in Alaska.
- Negotiators advance compromise marijuana legislation Updated: May-16-16 4:24 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska House and Senate negotiators have advanced legislation that would give unincorporated communities the ability to hold elections to decide whether to prohibit legal marijuana businesses.
- House approves bill to rewrite oil, gas credits Updated: May-14-16 3:57 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House of Representatives has approved legislation that would phase out most existing oil and gas tax credits.
- Alaska Legislature approves criminal justice system changes Updated: May-13-16 7:08 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has approved sweeping changes to the state's criminal justice system.
- Proposal would halt distribution of cruise ship head tax Updated: May-12-16 9:19 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state would not distribute cruise ship passenger taxes during the coming budget year to communities where ships stop under a proposal approved by House and Senate negotiators.
- With deadline looming, a look at Alaska budget proposals Updated: May-12-16 6:23 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Approval of state spending bills and plans to pay for them are among the unresolved issues as the constitutional deadline looms for the Alaska Legislature to finish its work.
- Legislature passes bill limiting who can teach sex education Updated: May-05-16 10:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has passed an education bill limiting who can teach sex education in public schools.
- House approves sweeping criminal justice overhaul Updated: May-05-16 9:17 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - After dozens of hours of testimony and debate, lawmakers in the state House voted overwhelming in favor of a massive overhaul of the criminal justice system.