- NY commuter rails see uptick in ridership in 2015 Updated: Feb-02-16 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - New York transit officials say ridership increased on the nation's two largest commuter railroad systems last year.
- MTA admits fault for inaccurate LIRR alerts after blizzard Updated: Jan-28-16 7:40 am
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is taking the blame for some of the confusion in communication LIRR riders experienced during and after the snowstorm.
- Full LIRR service to be restored for Tuesday Updated: Jan-25-16 10:48 pm
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says full service will be restored on the Long Island Rail Road in time for the morning rush hour.
- NY lawmakers push for details of Cuomo's transportation plan Updated: Jan-20-16 5:39 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may be proposing the largest investment in transportation projects in state history, but that's not preventing criticism that the plan shortchanges upstate regions, or glosses over important details about how the governor intends to pay for it.
- MTA: Service restored after boy,16, hit by train, killed Updated: Jan-19-16 4:26 am
SLEEPY HOLLOW, New York - Police say a teenager was hit by a train and killed about 20 miles north of New York City.