- NYC, state reach deal on mass transit capital funding Updated: Oct-10-15 12:31 pm
NEW YORK - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio are announcing a deal to fund the region's mass transit system's capital spending program.
- Future of New York City mass transit hinges on funding fight Updated: Oct-09-15 11:04 pm
NEW YORK - The New York subway system was a gleaming symbol of American ingenuity when it opened in 1904. Now it rattles along past aging stops, controlled by cloth-insulated electrical wiring and signal devices almost as old as the tunnels themselves.
- Judge OKs Muslim film ads rejected by New York subway agency Updated: Oct-07-15 8:03 pm
NEW YORK - A federal judge gave a green light Wednesday to light-hearted subway advertisements promoting a documentary about American Muslim comedians, saying a transportation agency improperly labeled them political in nature.
- DA: Man leading cops on high-speed chase caused NY bus crash Updated: Oct-07-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say a man led police on a high-speed chase in Queens before crashing into a New York City bus, injuring a dozen people.
- NYS audit critical of subway trash can removal experiment Updated: Sep-23-15 6:48 am
NEW YORK - A state comptroller's audit is critical of a Metropolitan Transportation Authority pilot program that removed trash cans from 39 subway stations to reduce garbage and rats.