- Small Mississippi town opens doors to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 7:38 pm
LOUISE, Mississippi - Officials in Louise, a Mississippi town of 200, they'll take refugees from Syria, even though Gov. Phil Bryant has said he'll do "everything humanly possible" to keep such resettlements away from Mississippi.
- 5 die on Louisiana highways as Thanksgiving weekend opens Updated: Nov-26-15 7:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana State Police say two highway wrecks killed five people in the opening hours of the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Another $48M taken from roadwork, steered to plug deficit Updated: Nov-25-15 10:25 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Despite criticism, Gov. Bobby Jindal has taken $48 million that would have been used on roads and bridges and used it instead to plug this year's budget deficit.
- Republican contender Jeb Bush names Louisiana campaign team Updated: Nov-24-15 1:31 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has named his Louisiana steering committee and finance chairs, ahead of the state's March 5 primary.
- Casino employee arrested for stealing gaming chips Updated: Nov-23-15 7:55 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A Lake Charles casino employee has been arrested for stealing gaming chips.
- After victory, Edwards starts piecing together transition Updated: Nov-22-15 6:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Fresh off a strong victory in the Louisiana governor's race, Democrat John Bel Edwards began to work Sunday on his plans for the transition into his new office and an upcoming term in which he'll have to grapple with a hefty state financial crisis.
- The Latest: Louisiana chose hope, says Edwards after win Updated: Nov-21-15 11:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest news in the 2015 Louisiana election (all times local):
- Refugee flap overtakes state issues in La. governor's race Updated: Nov-18-15 7:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana governor's race has taken a surprising turn into foreign policy ahead of Saturday's election, as TV political ads and campaign rhetoric shifted this week to the Paris terrorist attacks and the wisdom of allowing Syrian refugees into U.S. borders.
- GOP attorney general candidates fight over Democratic votes Updated: Nov-18-15 12:02 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the two Republican candidates in the Louisiana attorney general's race, it's all about the Democrats.
- State: 14 Syrian refugees resettled in Louisiana this year Updated: Nov-15-15 8:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Gov. Bobby Jindal has told the White House he wants to know how many Syrian refugees have been placed in Louisiana. The Republican said he wants that and other information "in hopes that the night of horror in Paris is not duplicated here."
- Bobby Jindal won't endorse in Louisiana governor's race Updated: Nov-13-15 4:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Term-limited Gov. Bobby Jindal said Friday that he won't publicly back a candidate in the Nov. 21 runoff election to choose his successor.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Nov-11-15 3:57 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- Mississippi suspect in fatal bridge crash to return to La Updated: Nov-09-15 5:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Mississippi man accused of causing last week's deadly collision on Interstate 10 over the Middle Pearl River will be brought back to Louisiana to face charges.
- Former state trooper accused of malfeasance back in court Updated: Nov-09-15 12:26 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - The former Louisiana state trooper accused of payroll fraud, malfeasance and conspiracy to distribute cocaine will return to court in January.
- Mississippi woman killed in accident on I-20 in Louisiana Updated: Nov-06-15 11:30 am
SIMSBORO, Louisiana - Louisiana State police say a 29-year-old Mississippi woman died in a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 20 in Lincoln Parish.
- Louisiana state police arrest 9 in auto insurance fraud case Updated: Nov-04-15 7:49 am
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana State Police said they conducted a major two-day sweep for people involved in alleged automobile insurance fraud, netting nine suspects.