- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- New ideas to tackle Syria refugee crisis: Investing, not aid Updated: Nov-16-15 7:09 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Bold new ideas for helping Syrian refugees and their overburdened Middle Eastern host countries are gaining traction among international donors, shocked into action by this year's migration of hundreds of thousands of desperate Syrians to Europe.
- Obama, Putin discuss Syria conflict on G-20 summit sidelines Updated: Nov-15-15 12:16 pm
ANTALYA, Turkey - President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin traded views on Syria's civil war and broached the tense topic of Ukraine during an impromptu sit-down Sunday in Turkey, American and Russian officials said.
- Turkey: Soldiers kill 4 suspected militants day before G-20 Updated: Nov-15-15 12:36 am
ISTANBUL - Turkish soldiers killed four suspected Islamic State militants Saturday and authorities detained 11 demonstrators a day before leaders of the G-20 group of economic powerhouses meet for a summit overshadowed by the slaughter in Paris.
- Erdogan hosting world leaders for G-20 after election boost Updated: Nov-13-15 11:50 am
ANKARA, Turkey - As leaders from the world's 20 biggest economies gather for a summit in Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will be taking a victory lap.
- Migrants, Islamic State shoulder aside G-20 economic agenda Updated: Nov-13-15 8:40 am
Leaders from the world's largest industrial and emerging economies won't exactly ignore GDP when they meet Sunday and Monday, but the migration and terrorism have overshadowed the usual G-20 economic agenda at its gathering in Turkey - a country at the crossroads for both Islamic extremists and hundreds of thousands of people fleeing war in their homelands.
- Obama to huddle with European leaders on Islamic State fight Updated: Nov-12-15 5:50 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will huddle with the leaders of Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy and France next week in hopes of making "incremental progress" in the fight against the Islamic State group, the White House said Thursday.