- Maryland to seek tech solutions to reduce I-270 gridlock Updated: May-26-16 6:18 am
WASHINGTON - Maryland is looking for new high-tech ways to reduce gridlock on one of the most congested highways in the Washington suburbs.
- 2 killed in 2-car crash collision in McHenry Updated: May-24-16 3:24 pm
McHENRY, Maryland - Maryland State Police say two people were killed and a third person was injured when two cars collided head-on in Garrett County.
- Troopers: Man pulled gun at Carroll County football game Updated: May-24-16 2:21 pm
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - A man has been arrested after police say he brandished a small pistol during a fight between the Carroll County and Germantown semipro football teams.
- Man sentenced for assaulting trooper in Wal-Mart bathroom Updated: May-20-16 10:03 am
WESTMINSTER, Maryland - A man will spend a year behind bars for assaulting a Maryland State Police trooper in a Wal-Mart bathroom following a road rage encounter.
- Cessna crashes into highway fence upon landing; no one hurt Updated: May-19-16 5:25 pm
MITCHELLVILLE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a small plane landing at a Prince George's County airport crashed into a fence. No one was hurt.
- Man charged with murder in April slaying in Salisbury Updated: May-13-16 6:22 pm
SALISBURY, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man in connection with murder in the shooting death of another man in a Salisbury home.
- The Latest: US appeals court hears Maryland gun-control case Updated: May-11-16 11:19 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Latest on a federal appeals court hearing on Maryland's assault weapons ban (all times local):
- Mooney wins 2nd District GOP nomination in West Virginia Updated: May-11-16 12:08 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Incumbent Alex Mooney won the Republican nomination in West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District, easily defeating mortgage broker Marc Savitt on Tuesday night.
- Police: Princess Anne official extorted county commissioner Updated: May-10-16 9:49 am
PRINCESS ANNE, Maryland - A Princess Anne town commissioner has been accused of conducting an extortion scheme to keep someone from running as a Somerset County commissioner.
- Maryland unveils new driver's licenses, ID cards Updated: May-10-16 7:19 am
BALTIMORE - The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration has announced a $3.5 million redesign of its driver's license and identification cards.
- Maryland police: Fugitive killed himself without warning Updated: May-03-16 8:46 pm
BALTIMORE - An armed man wanted on robbery and kidnapping charges in North Carolina fatally shot himself without warning Tuesday after police officers found him at a Baltimore home, Maryland State Police said.
- Lawmakers to discuss Md.'s new languages proficiency seal Updated: May-03-16 4:53 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers and educators are scheduled to discuss the state's new law noting high school proficiency in two or more languages.
- Driver charged in fatal crash after fleeing traffic stop Updated: May-02-16 8:12 pm
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - Maryland State Police have charged a man with vehicular manslaughter after a crash in Glen Burnie that killed another driver.
- 3 dead in solo-car crash in LaVale Updated: Apr-30-16 3:48 pm
LaVALE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say three people are dead after a single-vehicle accident in LaVale.
- Maryland governor says he still won't support Trump Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Friday that he still won't support Donald Trump's campaign for the White House, despite the Republican's sweeping victory in the state's primary this week when he won all of the state's 38 delegates.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- Trooper charged with assaulting driver after vehicle chase Updated: Apr-27-16 6:59 pm
BELCAMP, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a trooper has been charged with assaulting a driver after a vehicle chase on Interstate 95 in Harford County.
- State police helicopter helps rescue teen after cliff fall Updated: Apr-27-16 10:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Authorities in Cumberland say a 16-year-old boy is recovering after falling 40 feet down a cliff.
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- Maryland primary guide: Van Hollen, Pugh clinch key wins Updated: Apr-26-16 11:45 pm
Maryland congressman Chris Van Hollen won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat Barbara Mikulski on Tuesday in a polarizing battle over race and gender.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump win primary in Maryland Updated: Apr-26-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic presidential primary in Maryland on Tuesday, and Donald Trump won the state's Republican presidential primary.