- Maryland police: Fugitive killed himself without warning Updated: May-03-16 8:46 pm
BALTIMORE - An armed man wanted on robbery and kidnapping charges in North Carolina fatally shot himself without warning Tuesday after police officers found him at a Baltimore home, Maryland State Police said.
- Lawmakers to discuss Md.'s new languages proficiency seal Updated: May-03-16 4:53 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers and educators are scheduled to discuss the state's new law noting high school proficiency in two or more languages.
- Driver charged in fatal crash after fleeing traffic stop Updated: May-02-16 8:12 pm
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - Maryland State Police have charged a man with vehicular manslaughter after a crash in Glen Burnie that killed another driver.
- 3 dead in solo-car crash in LaVale Updated: Apr-30-16 3:48 pm
LaVALE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say three people are dead after a single-vehicle accident in LaVale.
- Maryland governor says he still won't support Trump Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Friday that he still won't support Donald Trump's campaign for the White House, despite the Republican's sweeping victory in the state's primary this week when he won all of the state's 38 delegates.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- Trooper charged with assaulting driver after vehicle chase Updated: Apr-27-16 6:59 pm
BELCAMP, Maryland - Maryland State Police say a trooper has been charged with assaulting a driver after a vehicle chase on Interstate 95 in Harford County.
- State police helicopter helps rescue teen after cliff fall Updated: Apr-27-16 10:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Authorities in Cumberland say a 16-year-old boy is recovering after falling 40 feet down a cliff.
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- Maryland primary guide: Van Hollen, Pugh clinch key wins Updated: Apr-26-16 11:45 pm
Maryland congressman Chris Van Hollen won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat Barbara Mikulski on Tuesday in a polarizing battle over race and gender.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump win primary in Maryland Updated: Apr-26-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic presidential primary in Maryland on Tuesday, and Donald Trump won the state's Republican presidential primary.
- Md. congressional primary features largest self-funder ever Updated: Apr-24-16 5:34 pm
CHEVY CHASE, Maryland - A Maryland congressional primary contender has broken the record for what a self-funded House candidate has poured into a single campaign, as wine superstore owner David Trone has uncorked more than $12 million of his own amid a crowded Democratic field.
- Mooney faces 2nd District GOP challenger; 5 Dems square off Updated: Apr-23-16 11:03 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Congressman Alex Mooney has been an inspiration for other candidates to run in West Virginia's 2nd District.
- Police: Suspicious box that closed bridge just loose wires Updated: Apr-21-16 10:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Maryland State Police say a suspicious package that caused the closure of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge has turned out to be a box of loose wires.
- Highway worker struck by vehicle on I-70 identified Updated: Apr-21-16 3:13 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Maryland State Police are releasing the name of a highway worker hospitalized after he was hit by a pickup truck along Interstate 70 near Hagerstown.
- Freddie Gray: 2nd officer must testify against colleagues Updated: Apr-20-16 5:39 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore Circuit judge on Wednesday ordered a second officer to testify against his colleagues on charges arising from the 2015 death of Freddie Gray, the black man fatally injured in a police transport van.
- Maryland approves scholarships for school choice program Updated: Apr-20-16 9:44 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has approved state-funded scholarships that will enable parents to enroll children in private or parochial schools next fall.
- 2 dead in small plane crash on Maryland's Eastern Shore Updated: Apr-19-16 4:07 pm
STEVENSVILLE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say two people were killed when their small plane crashed on the state's Eastern Shore.
- 2 dead in small plane crash on Maryland's Kent Island Updated: Apr-19-16 3:18 pm
STEVENSVILLE, Maryland - Maryland State Police say two people were killed when a small plane crashed on Kent Island near the Bay Bridge Airport.
- Freddie Gray, 1 year later: What has changed in Baltimore? Updated: Apr-19-16 11:30 am
BALTIMORE - When Freddie Gray died April 19, 2015, and riots erupted, Baltimore and its residents were forced to confront issues that had plagued them for decades, community leader Ericka Alston said.
- No serious injuries after helicopter crashes near Baltimore Updated: Apr-16-16 7:13 pm
BALTIMORE - No one was seriously injured after a helicopter carrying workers who were inspecting power lines crashed near Baltimore's airport Saturday, authorities said.
- Md.'s Brown lends nearly $400,000 to campaign for Congress Updated: Apr-15-16 11:35 am
WASHINGTON - Maryland's former lieutenant governor lent nearly $400,000 to his bid for Congress but still has less money to spend than his rivals in the final days of the Democratic primary campaign, finance records show.
- Police: Car hit others on Beltway before crash with cruiser Updated: Apr-15-16 8:33 am
LANHAM, Maryland - Maryland State Police say investigators are trying to determine what caused a Mercedes Benz to strike several cars on the Capital Beltway before hitting a trooper's cruiser.
- Democratic leaders criticize ad in Maryland Senate race Updated: Apr-14-16 7:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic leaders of the House and Senate on Thursday denounced an advertisement being run on behalf of one House Democrat against another in Maryland's hotly contested Senate primary.
- Md. House race no easy comeback for ex-lieutenant governor Updated: Apr-14-16 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Eighteen months after he lost a bid for the state's highest office, Maryland's former lieutenant governor is finding that a safely Democratic seat in Congress is no easy consolation prize.