- Newspaper raises questions about warden investigation Updated: May-09-16 9:52 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine Republican lawmaker wants answers about a poaching investigation that led to a big raid but minor charges.
- Lawmakers overturn LePage Narcan veto, falter on solar bill Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - With five state residents dying each week from drug overdoses, lawmakers on Friday overwhelmingly rejected Republican Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill that would increase availability of an overdose antidote. But they failed to overcome his veto of a bill to modernize state policies on solar power.
- The Latest: Maine boosts availability of overdose antidote Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Latest on veto votes by the Maine Legislature (all times local):
- Education leader: Blue ribbon commission meetings to be open Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The chairman of a blue ribbon education commission says all future meetings will be open to the public after Maine House Speaker Mark Eves, a Democrat, called for sanctions over a closed-door meeting at the Republican governor's mansion earlier this week.
- GOP offers minimum wage hike; Democrats call it a diversion Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican lawmakers are pushing a bill to hike the minimum wage this summer, but Democrats say it's a ploy to undermine a more ambitious pay increase that voters are set to decide on the November state ballot.
- LePage vetoes proposed fix to Maine Clean Election Fund Updated: Apr-26-16 1:34 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a funding fix that the Maine Legislature approved for the Maine Clean Election Fund.