- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tyler Johnson continues to have postseason success.
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.
- Panthers C Nick Bjugstad out for Game 5 against Islanders Updated: Apr-24-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Florida center Nick Bjugstad is out for Game 6 of the Panthers' first-round series against the New York Islanders on Sunday night after sustaining a head injury in the last game.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Quine wins it in 2nd OT, Islanders top Panthers 2-1 Updated: Apr-23-16 1:43 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Alan Quine was a newborn when the New York Islanders last won a playoff series. He spent most of this season in the minors. His NHL debut was a mere two weeks ago, the team adding him to the roster as an emergency callup.
- Challenge system takes center stage in NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-18-16 7:31 pm
- Jagr set to head to postseason for the 18th time Updated: Apr-12-16 5:13 pm
CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Jaromir Jagr sat at his locker at the Florida Panthers training facility for a few seconds in silence, processing his answer. The question was about how often does he think about the Stanley Cup when he's putting himself through his workout regimen, if hockey's biggest prize is always in mind.
- Islanders lose 5-2 to flyers, get Panthers in 1st round Updated: Apr-10-16 11:05 pm
- Rangers open playoffs at Pens; Ducks vault Kings in Pacific Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 pm
- Gionta scores twice to lead Sabres over Islanders in OT Updated: Apr-09-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - For the Buffalo Sabres, the 2015-16 season was about laying the foundation for the future.
- Islanders finish season sweep of Rangers with 4-1 win Updated: Apr-07-16 11:04 pm
NEW YORK - John Tavares and the New York Islanders are rolling into the playoffs, making some team history along the way at the Rangers' expense.
- Islanders battle through slew of injuries, make playoffs Updated: Apr-06-16 12:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Losing another player to injury struck a nerve for Jack Capuano. The New York Islanders' coach couldn't remember how many times in recent weeks his team had to finish a game with only five defensemen.
- Islanders clinch playoff spot by beating Capitals in OT Updated: Apr-05-16 11:07 pm
WASHINGTON - All eyes were on Braden Holtby in his first chance to tie Martin Brodeur's single-season wins record. Then, New York Islanders rookie Christopher Gibson stole the show at the other end.
- Rangers clinch playoff berth with 4-2 win over Blue Jackets Updated: Apr-04-16 11:32 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The New York Rangers needed three tries before finally getting the win that clinched a postseason berth.
- Tavares caps Islanders' 3-goal 2nd in 5-2 win over Lightning Updated: Apr-04-16 11:19 pm
NEW YORK - Disappointed by a bad loss in the last game, New York coach Jack Capuano singled out some players he said 'needed to play better.' The Islanders then went out and got a crucial win in their playoff push.
- Murray, Crosby spearhead Penguins' rout of Islanders Updated: Apr-02-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Penguins coach Mike Sullivan recognizes what an achievement it is to get into the postseason.
- Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury out with a concussion Updated: Apr-02-16 12:08 pm
NEW YORK - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury has a concussion and did not travel to New York for Saturday's game against the Islanders.