- Halak makes 17 saves and Islanders beat Flyers 3-1 Updated: Nov-25-15 10:31 pm
NEW YORK - Jaroslav Halak made 17 saves and Kyle Okposo put New York ahead early in the second period to lead the Islanders over the Philadelphia Flyers 3-1 on Wednesday night.
- Canadiens beat Islanders 4-2, lose Gallagher to injury Updated: Nov-22-15 11:08 pm
- Canadiens beat Islanders in Price's return Updated: Nov-20-15 11:34 pm
NEW YORK - Jeff Petry is growing comfortable with the Montreal Canadiens.
- Tavares has 2 goals, assist as Islanders beat Coyotes 5-2 Updated: Nov-16-15 11:43 pm
NEW YORK - Islanders coach Jack Capuano knows how eastern teams can struggle when they return home from a western road trip.
- Nielsen scores twice in 3rd as Islanders beat Ducks 4-1 Updated: Nov-14-15 1:15 am
- Enroth, Lucic star as LA Kings beat Islanders 2-1 Updated: Nov-13-15 2:04 am
LOS ANGELES - Jhonas Enroth has spent most of his NHL career playing behind star goalies. With just a few chances to shine so far for the Los Angeles Kings, the more-than-capable backup is making all the big stops.
- John Tavares scores twice to lead Islanders past Sharks 4-2 Updated: Nov-11-15 2:16 am
SAN JOSE, California - John Tavares was looking for a strong start. Not only did he accomplish that, he finished just as well.
- Spooner, Bergeron lift Bruins over Islanders 2-1 Updated: Nov-08-15 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - The Boston Bruins have been streaky so far this season. A steady Tuukka Rask would be a nice stabilizer.
- Officials break ground on renovations for Nassau Coliseum Updated: Nov-05-15 6:41 pm
MINEOLA, New York - Using a large sledgehammer, Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano and developer Bruce Ratner smashed a hole in the wall of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Thursday, officially starting the renovation of the former home of the New York Islanders.
- Cizikas scores late in 3rd to lift Islanders past Devils Updated: Nov-03-15 11:00 pm
NEW YORK - In a tight and physical game, the New York Islanders' big fourth line came through to pull out a needed win.
- Reinhart's late goal lifts Sabres over Islanders Updated: Nov-01-15 11:21 pm
NEW YORK - As Sabres coach Dan Bylsma sees it, Buffalo has had some excellent efforts this season that didn't end in victories.
- Cammalleri scores shootout winner, Devils beat Islanders 3-2 Updated: Oct-31-15 4:58 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - After a slow start to the season under new coach John Hynes, the New Jersey Devils are finding ways to win.
- Islanders captain John Tavares misses game with Devils Updated: Oct-31-15 12:59 pm
- Hainsey scores in OT to lift Hurricanes past Islanders Updated: Oct-29-15 11:21 pm
NEW YORK - Ron Hainsey is making a habit this week of scoring game-winning goals, a development the young Carolina Hurricanes will be happy to see continue.
- Halak gets 2nd shutout in 3 games, Islanders beat Flames 4-0 Updated: Oct-26-15 11:11 pm
NEW YORK - After missing the first four games, Jaroslav Halak has picked up where he left off last season for the New York Islanders.
- Blues forced to regroup without Schwartz, Stastny Updated: Oct-26-15 3:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - In the St. Louis Blues' first game without top forwards Jaden Schwartz and Paul Stastny, it took players a while to adjust.