- Colon roughed up for 10 hits in Mets' 3-0 loss to Giants Updated: Jul-08-15 2:36 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Bartolo Colon likes the way he's been pitching lately. Except for the losing part.
- Dodgers' offense shrivels in 7-2 loss to last-place Phillies Updated: Jul-08-15 2:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Riding a three-game winning streak, Brett Anderson was willing and able to stay in the game. But the Los Angeles Dodgers were starved for some offense, so he got yanked after five innings.
- Cain, Pence power Giants past Mets Updated: Jul-08-15 2:16 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Cain was more impressed by Hunter Pence's defensive gem in the sixth inning than he was with his own winning return to AT&T Park.
- Billingsley pitches Phillies to 7-2 victory over Dodgers Updated: Jul-08-15 1:59 am
LOS ANGELES - Chad Billingsley felt at home kicking the dirt on the mound at Dodger Stadium. Looking around, he saw familiar sights such as Vin Scully in the broadcast booth and heard familiar sounds like organist Nancy Bea Hefley.
- Brewers' Cravy loses in second big league start Updated: Jul-08-15 12:44 am
MILWAUKEE - Brewers' pitcher Tyler Cravy thought his major league debut was better than his first start at Miller Park.
- Pierzynski, Banuelos lead Braves over Brewers Updated: Jul-08-15 12:16 am
MILWAUKEE - No matter how hot A.J. Pierzynski has been at the plate, he knows it's time for a day off.
- Marlins bullpen falters, gives up lead in 4-3 loss to Boston Updated: Jul-08-15 12:05 am
BOSTON - Miami Marlins reliever Carter Capps knew who he was facing as well as who was still to come with the bases loaded and two out in the seventh inning.
- Red Sox rally to 4-3 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-07-15 11:59 pm
BOSTON - Xander Bogaerts added another clutch hit to his case for a spot in the All-Star Game.
- Scherzer hit hard and often as Nationals lose to Reds 5-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 11:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has been so good this season, it's almost easy to forget that even the best pitchers have an occasional clunker.
- Cueto, Votto outdo Scherzer as Reds beat Nationals 5-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 10:51 pm
WASHINGTON - In a matchup against Max Scherzer and the first-place Washington Nationals, Johnny Cueto lifted his game to another level - perhaps that of an All-Star.
- Mets activate Mejia from restricted list Updated: Jul-07-15 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Reliever Jenrry Mejia has rejoined the New York Mets after completing an 80-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
MILWAUKEE - A woman sitting several rows behind the Milwaukee Brewers' dugout was injured Monday night when she was hit by a line drive off the bat of Atlanta's Eury Perez.
- Phillies lose to Dodgers 10-7; pitcher O'Sullivan demoted Updated: Jul-07-15 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Already at the bottom of the NL East, the Phillies hit a new low.
- Giants' bullpen staggers again in 3-0 loss to Mets Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants rookie Chris Heston had another strong outing against the New York Mets, nearly one month after shutting them down completely while throwing the first no-hitter in the majors this season.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Rollins faces Phillies for 1st time since leaving for LA Updated: Jul-06-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Rollins pretty much accomplished everything he could during 14 years with the Philadelphia Phillies. A World Series title. Three All-Star selections. The NL MVP award. The team's all-time hits leader.
- Mets bring back Nieuwenhuis from Triple-A, demote Ceciliani Updated: Jul-06-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The New York Mets have called up Kirk Nieuwenhuis from Triple-A Las Vegas and optioned fellow outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to their top farm club.
- Nationals slugger Harper to skip All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-06-15 4:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper won't participate in the All-Star Home Run Derby because his father isn't available to pitch to him.
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration Updated: Jul-06-15 3:35 am
A-Rod the All-Star?
- Ramos homers, drives in 2 as Nationals defeat Giants 3-1 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:42 am
- Bochy, Vogelsong ejected in fifth inning against Nationals Updated: Jul-05-15 10:15 pm
WASHINGTON - San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy and starting pitcher Ryan Vogelsong were ejected by plate umpire Phil Cuzzi in the fifth inning Sunday night after complaining about the strike zone.
- Matz sharp, Mets feast on Dodgers pitching to take series Updated: Jul-05-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Steven Matz is having the time of his young baseball life, winning his first two career starts, including silencing the Los Angeles Dodgers' powerful lineup.
- Marlins offense quiet in 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jul-05-15 7:45 pm
CHICAGO - The frustration is mounting for the Miami Marlins.
- Coghlan, Hendricks lead Cubs to 2-0 win over Marlins Updated: Jul-05-15 7:04 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Joe Maddon is not concerned about the Cubs' lack of offense - as long as they're still winning.
- Braves shake up bullpen after 4-0 loss to Phillies in 10 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:47 pm
ATLANTA - A 10th-inning meltdown set the stage for a postgame shake-up of Atlanta's bullpen.